Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

RuneFest | Updates of 2016

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

I'm a huge fan of Hearthstone. One of the things that intrigued me the most about this Runefest was that they actually didn't scrap the idea of Chronicle, the MTG Online/Hearthstone knock-off. And you know what? That's cool with me. I don't care if it's not as big as Hearthstone. What I'm looking for is a balanced and intriguing game that is viable for free to play people much like Hearthstone is. If it's packed to the gills with microtransaction bullshit, as Hearthstone is barely a year after being released, I'm not going to touch the beast let alone considering spending a damn dime on it. Card games are super-popular right now, but it's risky going against a behemoth like Hearthstone. It could be really, truly great. I'm really rooting for its success...but these are some big shoes to be filling, with more expectations than I expect a smaller company like Jagex would be able to match.

But enough of doubts. Woo Chronicle. Give me my card game fix!

hzvjpwS.gif

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
You'd think by now they'd be tired of doing things after Blizzard and getting their butts handed to them.
Back after a 5 year TIF hiatus. Please don't mind me too much.

Hajutze
[ Display Name History ]

Hajutze

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,762 posts
  • RSN:Poptolev

Fact is - they need a new huge "hit" because they can't ride on RuneScape's success forever ...

helring
[ Display Name History ]

helring

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,203 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:helring

As for calling it a Hearthstone knock-off, I can understand why it would seem that way since the cards look way too similar. But, the gameplay looks a lot different. I think comparing it to Hearthstone really does a disservice to how many CCG and TCG's are out there right now. Its like saying War and Poker are the same game because the cards are the same.

R.I.P. The olde nite. A legend is gone but not forgotten.

a Faction Related Item Sink for Rune Labs. https://secure.runes...ew-idea?idea=19

Kimberly
[ Display Name History ]

Kimberly

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 12,325 posts
  • RSN:Kimberly
  • RSN2:Dorelei

As for calling it a Hearthstone knock-off, I can understand why it would seem that way since the cards look way too similar. But, the gameplay looks a lot different. I think comparing it to Hearthstone really does a disservice to how many CCG and TCG's are out there right now. Its like saying War and Poker are the same game because the cards are the same.

That is very true. What I find most alarming is that it seems to have grindy RPG-like elements. That is something I hope is not core gameplay. It's exactly what I don't want to see in more games - added timewasting elements that simply aren't fun added just to pad the length of the experience out...and to entice you to part with some cash to make the path shorter.

hzvjpwS.gif

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

Fact is - they need a new huge "hit" because they can't ride on RuneScape's success forever ...

They have so far...

Arceus
[ Display Name History ]

Arceus

Araxyte Authority

• Administrators
  • 7,092 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P

They have so far...

They've not only relied on RuneScape's success - they've used it to bankroll projects that were ultimately (unfortunately) not successful.

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?
---

cWCZMZO.png
l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

They have so far...
They've not only relied on RuneScape's success - they've used it to bankroll projects that were ultimately (unfortunately) not successful.

It is literally the beast of burden that carries all of their failures on its back.

Saradomin_Mage
[ Display Name History ]

Saradomin_Mage

The Two and Only

• Members
  • 7,273 posts
baroonescape

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Peever
[ Display Name History ]

Peever

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • RSN:Peever142

They have so far...

Yup and currently seems they will continue to do so for sometime.  Joys of microtransaction culture right? 

Posted Image

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

They have so far...

Yup and currently seems they will continue to do so for sometime. Joys of microtransaction culture right?

How long until the membership packages become season passes?

Omali
[ Display Name History ]

Omali

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,429 posts
  • RSN:mtomali

They have so far...

Yup and currently seems they will continue to do so for sometime. Joys of microtransaction culture right?

How long until the membership packages become season passes?

Would the annual premiere club packs and summertime 3-month packs not count as season passes?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Yeah membership package and a season pass are kinda already one in the same. They both are an upfront payment for access to all future additions for a set time period. If anything membership package implies more than season pass because without a season pass you can still play the whole base game, but without a membership package you can only play the free portion of the game.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts
So then clearly the next step is actual content you'll have to pay for and not merely cosmetics. 7 dollars to gain access to Menaphos everyone.

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

So then clearly the next step is actual content you'll have to pay for and not merely cosmetics. 7 dollars to gain access to Menaphos everyone.

We already pay to access content - it's called membership.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Miss_Kozlov
[ Display Name History ]

Miss_Kozlov

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 409 posts

We already pay to access content - it's called membership.

But that's what will make this "special" and "premium."

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RSN:Bxpprod

invention 2013 2014 2015 2016

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users