Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scary facts of living in the modern day

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

michel555555
[ Display Name History ]

michel555555

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,447 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:michel555555
  • Clan:fealty stars
Things are slow around here and i came across this study while reading the news paper today. I'm sure hardly anyone has actually thought about it and im sure there are other facts out there that would make us cringe in horror about living in the modern day world.

A group in toronto wanted to see how living in highrises effects the response times of EMS. They gathered data of cardiac arrest victims in private residences from several years in toronto and here is what they found when they grouped the victims by the floor they were on.

People who had Cardiac arrest on the third floor or lower had a survival rate of about 5%. Dismal enough.

People who had cardiac arrest on the 15th floor had less than a 1% survival rate.

And finally, of all the people who had cardiac arrest on the 25th floor or higher not a single person survived.

http://news.national...e-heart-attacks

Sure that will make you think twice about getting that appartment with the great view youve always wanted.

What other facts can we share to keep us up at night?

michel555555.png

click you know you wanna

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Architects hate him

What your EMS services DON'T want you to know

muggiwhplar
[ Display Name History ]

muggiwhplar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,002 posts

Eh it'd be kind of silly to not live up on the 25th floor of a high rise (or even work in a 25th floor cubicle in a corporate skyscraper) just because of this. If you have no family history or personal history of heart problems and you're healthy, then it's probably safe to spend most of your time in a place like that.

I always look at the "2% rule" before I start worrying about something: if something bad has less than a 2% chance of happening, then I don't worry about it and take the risk.

77yLQy8.png

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
I live as high up as possible to be close to heaven when I die

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Alg
[ Display Name History ]

Alg

Troll General

• Editorial Panel
  • 10,880 posts

I always look at the "2% rule" before I start worrying about something: if something bad has less than a 2% chance of happening, then I don't worry about it and take the risk.

you should probably avoid D&D

Ring_World
[ Display Name History ]

Ring_World

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,470 posts
Except amazing/terrible outcomes are probably misrepresented from real life mmo

Mrs Chips
[ Display Name History ]

Mrs Chips

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts

Marriage - Men are screwed once they sign on that dotted line.  My advice is don't do it, unless you're happy to be a lifetime meal ticket.  Many men are choosing not to marry these days as the law isn't on their side. I don't blame them.

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts

Marriage - Men are screwed once they sign on that dotted line.  My advice is don't do it, unless you're happy to be a lifetime meal ticket.  Many men are choosing not to marry these days as the law isn't on their side. I don't blame them.

instead, go vote in the Miss Hottie Quaterfinal

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

RpgGamer
[ Display Name History ]

RpgGamer

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 9,203 posts
One of the first things my girlfriend said to me when we were getting serious was that she wants a prenuptial \:D/
Posted Image

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude
Steam: NippleBeardTM
Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

jasignhagj
[ Display Name History ]

jasignhagj

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,183 posts

if you ain't no punk, holla we want prenup

Mrs Chips
[ Display Name History ]

Mrs Chips

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 5 posts

One of the first things my girlfriend said to me when we were getting serious was that she wants a prenuptial \:D/

Not worth the paper it's written on.  You're in a wobbly position even if you just co-habit.  There's plenty of info on the web about this.  Trust me, stay single, enjoy yourself and be your own boss.  :)

selena18
[ Display Name History ]

selena18

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts

Some interesting facts have been mentioned by all. Girl friend issue is a common one i guess ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users