Where are you now?

The Observer

For many of us, it has been over a decade since we have last played this game. We've moved on with our lives, got degrees, perhaps even now have families of our own. 

Where are you now compared to when you last actively played or used these forums? Did you achieve what you wanted to do? Did anything change?

j0xPu5R.png

Interestingly from my preteen days in 2008 playing Runescape. Not much changed. I would wake up early to play RS (well let it load for the hour to be real) before school. At at school sometimes.

Now? I got into some security work so I can play RS before work, and at work sometimes (overnight shifts ftw).

🤣

• 6 months later...

Hah, the last time I actively used these forums was maybe 2012-ish. I quit Runescape the day EOC released and stayed away for a long long while, but found my way back in ~2018 with OSRS. Have since made an Ironman on OSRS and play pretty actively. Mostly at work during downtime. 

When I stopped in 2012, I was in my senior year of highschool working a job in fast food with no direction. Since then I've gotten married, pursued a career in Law Enforcement where I'm a thermal camera operator on a helicopter, bought a house and had my first kid a year ago that just turned 1 🙂 Funny to hop on this forum for some nostalgia and see what young me was like, and funny to see how RuneScape has been a part of my life since I was 7/8 years old and how its transformed, along with the internet as a whole. Really miss hopping on here for hours and looking at peoples blogs, cool drops, the pixel art (that I'm still obsessed with) and all these other things. Wish forums were still as active and friendly as they used to be. 

Hope you all are well! HYT 🙂 

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

I stopped playing around 2011. The last 'new' content I remember coming out was jadinkos and the first new thing I really remember was the first world event. So like, two years? Amazingly I didn't even know that EOC was coming until long after it was added and the kalphite king was a conquered boss. Ironically I came back when I heard of 2006scape, then oldschool. Then I completed my goals on oldschool by completing Regicide and I eventually found my way back to RS3.

Then I quit RS3 again right after fossil island came out there, and the amount of daily login incentives and FOMO things just broke me... so I maxed on oldschool 🙂

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum