Wild Pie Changed?

BobbieK

Hi there 🙂

Since when did the effects of Wild Pie change from a Hunter skill booster to a Slayer skill booster?

I've been away for a year or so. I'm sure it used to be for Hunter! That's what I've always used it for, and automatically withdrew a bunch of them from my bank and took them to a hunting ground. Ate them, did my hunting, totally assuming it was boosting me ... Then after eating and hunting for about 4 or 5 sessions, I glanced at my skills panel and saw that my Ranged and Slayer were highlighted as increased, but not Hunter at all ... ! And the highlighting of affected skills thing seems to be kind-a new, or maybe I just haven't paid attention all these years.

And I see "Wild ER Pie" has been added to the recipe book. I'm sure that wasn't there before. And that pie is not for Hunter either.

Are any of the brews for Hunter? Is there another pie still, or variation of Wild Pie not listed in the recipe book yet, that is for Hunter? If it did used to be for Hunter and I'm not imagining that, then what is now for Hunter?

I don't think I would have bothered making so many of those pies if I'd have known it was for Slayer .. 😕

While I'm here: I was in the Taverly dungeon fighting black dragons the other day minding my own business, and some rude person came along and interfered with all of my fights. I wouldn't have minded sharing and having one each but its really not cool to push in on my own one, the xp is less right? And I asked him nicely to stop but he kept on. There's like 300 worlds to find your own right, why do that? Terrible. Very poor sportsmanship.

Edited by BobbieK
I had more to add. And forgot to tag.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Hunter#Temporary_boosts

Wild pies never did boost hunter. The extreme hunter potion can give you a +17 boost if you are over 82 hunter, however it needs 80 herb to make, and bull horns from player owned farms to make. It can't be traded (though the super hunter potion and bull horns can be bought)

However if you are talking about oldschool, then there is only the +3 boost from the hunter potion, or +-5 from stews

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Hunter#Temporary_boosts

Also a cool thing you can do in game chat is type /wiki %search term% (or it might be ::wiki, not too sure)

That'll open the official wiki on whatever you searched in your browser.

And to not, DO NOT use the fandom wiki. Only runescape.wiki which is endorsed by Jagex

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Thanks 🙂

Are you sure?

Perhaps my memory is skewed because of using Hunter to make the Wild Pies.

It doesn't seem logical though does it. Fish and Admiral Pies are made with fish and boost fishing. It doesn't match that the Wild Pies are made with game meat but boost Slayer and Ranged. I think it has been changed.

What about regular Hunter potion, that would be something. Doesn't have to be super or extreme. I like that the pie also heals. I suppose I could mix the fish off-cuts into it, but that's only a small amount.

Pity none of the beers have a Hunter boost. But there's a beer for Slayer. Doesn't seem fair.

I tried my Legendary Tracker Aura. It seemed to improve the rate of trapping (Graahk), as well as the ratio of furs to tatty-furs. I have only tested a small sample, not yet 100. That was the thing I wanted to improve. I wanted them for making the Graahk pouches. The teleport feature is cool. Still not totally convenient for crafting Nature runes though. The Shilo shortcut would be the best but those Elite Karamja tasks are too much. Did it always require that, I don't remember that it did.

By the way, I'm a player since 2001 and have a 20 year vet cape. However, I haven't played that whole time obviously.

Wild pies require chompy birds to make, which you arguably hunt, but that quest and npc was added in a few years before the hunter skill.

Regardless, if you are hunting graahks, well, you shouldn't be hunting those. They haven't been updated for a very long time, and the xp and loot value is incredibly low.

https://runescape.wiki/w/Hunter_training#Levels_75-77/99:_Big_Game_Hunter

It's been a really long time since I played RS3, but I believe that big game hunter might be the most engaging and worthwhile training method. You have a chance at a dragon mattock which is worth over 50m, and the activity is quite fun.

The big chinchompa event is also quite fun for good XP. You just run around in a circle, collect butterflies and feed them to a big chinchompa. I think that teleports appear in hunter areas when the activity starts

Are you playing an ironman? Even if you aren't, I would suggest you do some runespan and buy some wicked hood teleport tokens. With that, you can teleport to every alter you have access to. Even if you don't wish to play runespan, you should get 3-6 wicked hood teleports per day to the alters. Although if you wish to use the tokens, I advise you to only charge up the hood with as many teleports as you will use that day. Every day on the daily reset, if you have less than 3-6 teleports, it refreshes. It doesn't do this if you have previously charged it to be over your default value though

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I was hunting Graahk for their fur to make the summoning pouches, to use their teleport because its handier than the fairy ring network for that location. That location is slightly closer to the Nature altar than the Karamja lodestone as well as the Amulet of Glory. The Shilo Village shortcut requires the elite Karamja tasks, which are out of my reach for some time, and a couple of those tasks are unappealing.

Chompy bird hunting does use the Hunter skill, I'm not sure what you were meaning.

I wasn't training Hunter skill, I was collecting furs for summoning pouches. The Big Game Hunter doesn't interest me. Dinosaurs don't really appeal to me. I also don't like to use other Runescape sites, only this one, as I have always done.

There was a time when I was training Hunter, and for that I was giving it a go on whatever my level got up to, or for making the pie, or making whatever else required for this or that, collecting resources, or quests that require a certain level.

I have looked at Runespan, especially because it is the only Aura I have left to purchase with my loyalty points. However, I don't like it. I have used the Wicked Hood teleport before, for crafting runes for my own use. It runs out pretty quickly. The other day I had a goal of making a nice stock of the runes I usually use and for upping my Magic skill later. Which I will do by fighting and quests. I made a lot of Air runes, the goal I had was more than the hood helped with. Then I went to make Nature runes, which I use a lot of for high alchemy on monster drops and useless inventory fillers, especially while fighting. I kept my eye out for closer teleports and while deciding on using up Summoning stuff, starting with the blue disks, to free up bank space and subsequently looking up what my level can make now, I found the Graahk pouch and that one of its uses is the teleport to ... near the Nature altar. The secondary ingredient is the fur, so I was like: ok lets do Hunting. Grabbed the stash of wild pie .. but found its not a Hunter booster anymore. I was so sure it was. I'm sure I used to use it to get up to the creature I needed for ... something I can't remember, possibly the creatures around the quests around the eagle area because of wanting to explore and access that area and the eagle travel. So maybe I had imagined it.

I'm not doing ironman.

While exploring alternative Obelisks rather than Taverly I saw the one south of Pictoris, and that one of the other fur pouches teleports to there. So yesterday I spent a few hours hunting Kyatt. I got a bunch, and took them and my remaining blue disks, a few dozen or so, to the Taverly obelisk, fused them, hit the space bar. I saw there were 2 furs still in my inventory, I automatically thought it was a round of makes, like arrows do, so I clicked on fuse again and spacebar ... that rotten, blasted thing! Turned the pouches into scrolls. Accidental. All that effort. I could say to myself: "just make some more" but that used up the last of my blue disks. Definitely not interested in specifically seeking out more blue, or other disks. I just collect them if they happen.

I'm using up my Crimson disks next. I'll either make Smoke Devil or the snake one.

Then, I'll have a go at Dungeoneering. I need 75 for the Plague's End quest. In between everything else I want to get done in real life ...

Thanks very much for your help 🙂

• Like 1