So what has changed about RuneScape since I left in 2019?

Let me explain something, the reason I left is because the smithing rework update made fighting monsters to get their items boring, and also I didn't like how the items at a higher tier than runite cannot be dropped by monsters.

I'm just curious in general, how much has changed about RuneScape since I left? For those wondering now I'm done for good, I don't have time to do online games anymore, real life is more important. And focusing on my videos has become a higher priority too.

• Blaze The Movie Fan changed the title to So what has changed about RuneScape since I left in 2019?

Welcome black Blaze. RS3 has had a lot of changes. Fort Forunty, aka player owned town, necromancy skill, you can fight Zamorak himself... PVP is no longer a part of the wilderness, and micro transactions as far as the eye can see.

As for monsters not dropping runite items, they instead drop 'salvage', which alchs and diassembles for the same thing that the metal armor pieces did for. The mining and smithing rework basically made it so that a new player could logically make a lvl 40 armor set with lvl 40 smithing, rather than needing 99 smithing to make a lvl40 platebody.

But other than that, for specifics, I would point you to the wiki. I haven't played since shortly after fossil island came out. I play oldschool now, which, if you aren't opposed to starting over, I feel has a far better game progression curve that can not be cheesed with your wallet.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

"As for monsters not dropping runite items, they instead drop 'salvage', which alchs and diassembles for the same thing that the metal armor pieces did for. The mining and smithing rework basically made it so that a new player could logically make a lvl 40 armor set with lvl 40 smithing, rather than needing 99 smithing to make a lvl40 platebody. "

Yes all of this is the main reason I left. I'd prefer items I can see over salvages that all look the damn same.

Also thank you for answering my question.

In a way I agree. Large blunt, bladed, spiky, plated salvage for all intents and purposes, have the same alch value. The only difference between them is what monsters drop them and what they disassemble into. But on the plus side they have added Orikalkum and Necronium salvages...

Oh and oldschool is finally getting its first new skill, Sailing... which I think is absolutely stupid. It's going to be every other skill, but on a boat!

I don't think there is anything close to a car in either of the runescapes