Is going back to the game even worth it?

I realize that I have been playing the game wrong by mostly just killing monsters and making items out of what they drop. This is an online game, doing stuff like that is better reserved for a single player game. And honestly, I'm glad that smithing rework update happened, as now 4-5 years later I realize I was wasting my time especially since I spent 3 years killing monsters, gathering what they drop and get nothing for it. At least when I accomplish something in public YouTube videos I have an audience which says congratulations.

I am considering going back, however I will delete the monster logs and forget about that completely and this time play the game like it's meant to be played, by interacting with other players. So any advice?

4 hours ago, Blaze The Movie Fan said:

If it takes hours I wouldn't. I want to play a variety of the game, not one place or mode.

I feel you. The sunken cost fallacy is one of the reasons why I have never played another MMO other than runescape. Though I did break my own rules by jumping ship from RS3 to oldschool.

Though I really believe that you might like ironman. If not on RS3, on oldschool. It's a similar game, but different in a lot of ways.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Both games are vastly different. Oldschool isn't 'how the game was in 2007', it is more like what the game would had been, today, if they never implemented MTX and EOC combat system.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum