Was it my bad, or theirs? (feeling sharing, =))

voncritic

Frankly speaking, I was quite self-isolated from the merchant world in RS. I was planning and enjoying my own mining-smithing-shopping-combat chain. I have a pretty average profile on everything, crafting, mining, fishing, cooking, etc. all 50+.

Now, to speed up my combat training, and since I was still too low in smithing and crafting, I was eager to purchase adamant gears and power amu. from other players.

Like I said, I didn't know the price guide, and was anxious to obtain those. So, I quickly went through the high alch. price and just multiplied it by 3 or 5.

I offered:

10K for ada. kite;

10K for ada. legs;

20K for power amu.

Of course, I got them pretty easily. But then, more people came to me with those stuff... I am just a user, not a merchant. So I said: "no thanks" and walked away. I got flamed and followed me, and heard them said: noob... scammer... Ehhhhh~

For the last 2 days, I read from anti-scam guide that there's a kind of co-op scamming, scammer 1# over-price something and at the same time, another co-scammer will offer it. Victims will think that they can make quick money and buy something over-priced that they don't need at all!

I'm sorry... Am I being suspected as one of those? Or, I just simply made them feel annoyed that they didn't get a "good deal"? -_-

No matter what it was, I enjoy my over-priced full ada., my over-priced power amu., and aboveall, the RS world!

I am back.

u should feel bad, if i need something really fast i pay double or triple the price to.

and after i bought it i say to other people that offer the same that i alrady got it and ignore al the other stuff they say

the only problem is that there are so many scamms on the market u have to watch out.

i tried to sell 24k lobbs yesterday and the scamm of

250k into 2504 is so common :s

always check ur second screen carefully!!

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

Addy legs, 6.4k at Louie's Legs, but often out of stock - so 10k is a little on the high side - though I wouldn't sell my only one for any less, if I needed to replace. "Buy UR legs" seems to be one of the most common requests, particularly for addy or rune.

Power amulet - usually nearer 10k

Yea, all that's probably happened is that some wanabe merchants have bought those things cheaper then saw the price that you were offering, decided to make a tidy litle profit. That's basically how those co-op scammers work: one acting as seller, another as buyer so you could have been seen as the over-priced buyer.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting black-marked or banned, but for the future you should try to find an accurate street price so something like this doesn't happen again.

Beware the scalper. Those who know where to buy stuff, have plenty of money, and know that the refresh rate is so low that they can get all that's available....and then they charge darn near double the proper value.

Yeah, love those guys.

In the future check the boards to see what's the proper price a nd go to where people are forging/smithing. Ask them if they can make things for you. Good chance someone will charge you what the Hi Alch value is for something they are pounding out.

Heck, it were me, I would GIVE it to you.

I have a few new dreams I need to raise my smith and crafting for...

1) Free Rune Hatchets for all...

2) Free D-stone items to anyone who has a D-stone for me to crat into jewelry.

Beware the scalper. Those who know where to buy stuff, have plenty of money, and know that the refresh rate is so low that they can get all that's available....and then they charge darn near double the proper value.

Yeah, love those guys.

In the future check the boards to see what's the proper price a nd go to where people are forging/smithing. Ask them if they can make things for you. Good chance someone will charge you what the Hi Alch value is for something they are pounding out.

Heck, it were me, I would GIVE it to you.

I have a few new dreams I need to raise my smith and crafting for...

1) Free Rune Hatchets for all...

2) Free D-stone items to anyone who has a D-stone for me to crat into jewelry.

Lol, no one will give you a free D-stone, they think you're a scammer.

That goes to all "Free gem cutting, armor trimming, etc."

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg