Is our soceity really that safe??--story-- !!READ!!

Hazbaz0

What if you wanted to send someone a letter in real life. Maybe a love note to a girlfriend or a note to a congressman. Do you go "WOAHMYGOD LOL SOZ BUTT I KANT SPEEL LOL PLZ CHNGE DA LAW LOL". Or "HAI BAYBEE I LUV U LOL PLZ WRTE BAK". Spelling helps others to be able to read the post/paragraph/letter without misinterpreting what the writer is saying.

In other words, SPELL THE DAMN THING RIGHT SO I CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR READING WITHOUT HAVING A HEART ATTACK.

You know, whenever a conversation like this comes up, I feel the overwhelming urge to go through the posts of everyone who has contributed to the argument and point out all of their spelling errors. :P (I would start with you, Lionheart, simply because of the comment in your signature. ;))

To the TS: I find the story rather unbelievable. Assuming your dad's friend did tell him that, it sounds like nothing more than a very embellished big fish tale. Also, please take enough pride in what you have to say to make it more readable. Thank you.

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton

i have a really big urge to post some funny pictures pertaining to certain points in this topic. to make this not spam, i will share my opinion at the end. please feel free to completely ignore me if you wish :P .

about the topic starter:

1619572lv.gif

understandpanda2gi.jpg

your post is really hard to read. i know my posts may not be all that readable to some, but at least i go back and change mistakes i make. if anything is misspelled, it is because i am a horrible speller. anyways, put a little effort into it, and the thread wont go off topic as much.

to astralinre (concerning you wanting to correct everyones errors, im not attacking you, i just thought of this picture when you said it. :lol: and actually i just re-read you post, and you said spelling errors not grammar errors, so this picture really doesnt mean anything :D )

lonlygrammarnazi4ei.jpg

this post has been

threadjack8ai.jpg

by the discussion of making cohearant posts. just remember,

feedtrolls3qb.gif

ok, so i didnt have nearly as many funny pictures pertaining to this topic as i first thought. i did want to try and work this last one in somewhere, but it would have been even a longer stretch than the others.

carefactory1ya.jpg

anyways, to make my post on topic, i believe that even if that story is real (pretty sure it has been embelished, my dad is the master at this so i can tell when others are) its nothing different than you hear about day to day. this time, it just happened to happen to someone you know. there are always going to be people who rob people, people who kill other people, people who generally dont respect another persons rights. the police are supposed to be the ones who stop this, but they are generally to busy giving people speeding tickets to worry about anything else.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

thats why i keep a baseball bat i got from america down the side of my bed w8ing for the day someone breaks into my house :twisted:

I'm sure you do.... :roll: .

to the poster and anyone else: Do at least "try" to spell correctly. For example, I know I am a horrible speller, but realy, there is a difference between a mispelling and liek omg dis is wht hpned!

thats why i keep a baseball bat i got from america down the side of my bed w8ing for the day someone breaks into my house :twisted:

to the poster and anyone else: Do at least "try" to spell correctly. For example, I know I am a horrible speller, but realy, there is a difference between a mispelling and liek omg dis is wht hpned!

..yea i do.. had to saw 2 inches of the top of it to get it in the suitcase tho

actually, keeping something like that next to your bed isnt a bad idea. well, unless the robber has a gun, then if he saw you pick up the bat he would probably shoot you. personally, i keep a katana next to my bed, but if a robber came in and pointed a gun at me id probably either freeze or start crying like a little girl.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

actually, keeping something like that next to your bed isnt a bad idea. well, unless the robber has a gun, then if he saw you pick up the bat he would probably shoot you. personally, i keep a katana next to my bed, but if a robber came in and pointed a gun at me id probably either freeze or start crying like a little girl.

lol yea, id try see if it was fake tho 90% of guns used in robberys in uk are or something stupid like that, but i like the idea of possibly screaming so highly pitched it pops his ear drums with my girly screeches

i have a really big urge to post some funny pictures pertaining to certain points in this topic. to make this not spam, i will share my opinion at the end. please feel free to completely ignore me if you wish :P .

I just saved 3 of those pictures to my computer for future use :P .

lol yea, id try see if it was fake tho 90% of guns used in robberys in uk are or something stupid like that, but i like the idea of possibly screaming so highly pitched it pops his ear drums with my girly screeches

I keep a knife next to my bed; it's a good, sharp, awesome knife too. I don't think I would ever need it though - any would-be theif would have to sneak past my parents' bed room to get up the stairs to mine. I doubt he could get past my trusy golden retriever, my dad, or my mom with her awesome high-tech pistol. (Seriously, my granddad collected knives and guns, and we inhereted some pretty awesome weapons from him.)

However, I agree that I'd probally scream like a little girl before I though to grab my knife and fight, assuming he also had a weapon.

Indy, I must admit, I also saved about half of those pictures for future use, including the grammar Nazi one. :P Incorrect grammar in any form of writing (especially if I find it in my own writing) drives me insane. :twisted:

Punctuation.gif

"In so far as I am Man I am the chief of creatures. In so far as I am a man I am the chief of sinners." - G.K. Chesterton