first few tries at making pixels..EDIT: new look pker

JoHN_BoY_GoRiLLa

None of these are any good, 1st one is just a big wilderness pk scene, 1st actual attempt..

lol3rdtry4vk.th.png

Ok, so this is my second attempt, still not too good, but it's based on Kasen Yanaji, and as some of you may know, he calls himself "Stake Monkey" I wasn't too good at drawing a monkey, but anyway..

stakemonkey27po.png

Currently working on another pk'ing pixel, Spetke as my theme lol.

I use MS Paint and Photoshop CS for my "pixels"..

If anyone has any tips, they'd be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

~ John ~

Ehmm... lets see here:

- They aren't pixels. I can easily see you used the burn tool, which isn't a part of pixeling at all. Pixels are creating your art pixel by pixel, and no other way.

- The linework is REALY sloppy. You realy need to learn how to make the most efficent line. For example, the horizion (or whatever that is)'s line work is realy messy.

- Shading. You need it, and a lot of it. Right now your signature just looks like a badly drawn ms paint picture, but with some burning and stuff in it.

- Drawing. Practice more drawing with a pencil and paper. Fact in point, if you can't draw with paper/pencil than there is no way you will be able to do it on the computer. Might I even sugest you make your linework on a piece of paper, and scan it in / take a picture of it. Right now your linework is realy simplistic, and the face is all too symetrical.

- Proportions. Just a good bit wrong with these, mostly basic stuff though. I suggest you visit something that will teach you more about anatomy.

- Other stuff. Learn to dither. ( http://www.spriteart.com ). One goal of pixeling is to not use a million colors. For example, many pixel artists may restrict themselves to say... 12 colors.

Of course, all of this C&C is for if you are serrious about pixeling, and not just trying to make "little pictures".