A new type of weapon

Unrealist

I came up with the idea for a new type of weapon. Untradable, but makeable. How to make it is below:

Req. Quests: Regicide, Devious Minds, Icthlarins Helper, The Feud.

Req. Stats: 65 Smithing (from Devious minds quest), 60 Fletching, 50 Firemaking

To make it:

1. Make a barrel of Naptha like you did in the Regicide quest.

2. Go to Sophanem, and buy a sheet of linen from Siamun.

3. Buy or make a Steel Mace. Take it to Doric's house.

4. Use the Mace on the Whetstone to blunt the [bleep]es. This gives you a Blunt Mace.

5. Wrap the sheet of linen around the blunt mace (Use Linen with Blunt Mace)

6. Soak the Wrapped Mace in the barrel of Naptha, and set it alight with a tinderbox. This uses up a fifth of the barrel of Naptha.

You now have a Flaming Mace. It's stats are:

Stab: +0

Slash: +0

Crush: + 30

Range: +0

Magic: -10

The Weapon, when used to attack a person, has a random chance of setting the enemy on fire. When this happens, the enemy will recieve 8 damage in an orange splash, as well as the base crushing damage. The enemy will be set on fire for 10 seconds, receiving 1 less damage than the previous splash each time, so the damage dealt will be:

(Initial damage) 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, (End of damage)

If the enemy has a bucket of water in their inventory, however, it will be used up, and only the initial fire damage will be dealt. The dragonbreath shield can stop all the fire damage, however, after stopping 3 sets of damage it shatters. If the enemy is under the effects of the Anti-dragonfire potion, fire damage from the weapon is stopped. A bucket of water can be used against the wielder of the weapon while in combat, this has a 50% chance to extinguish the weapon. The bucket can only be used against the wielder if the weapon is already being wielded.

Thoughts? Opinions? Constructive criticism welcome, but please don't flame (excuse the pun)

not bad, but i dont like the idea of it hitting 8s... but thats jsut me... maybe like a dd(s) and hit 6s but on non player chars hits 8s...

but thats just me

do you beLIEve in higher powers?

now the proud owner of a fire cape as of

~~~~~~~~July 16, 2006~~~~~~~~

~~SOMONE DROPPED MY FIRE CAPE~~ 883092.gif

Pretty cool idea, but the one flaw I see is the fire damage. If you were to hit 20 damage initially, the countdown of fire damage would be devastating. That would be a total of 147 damage with the additional damage you're continuing to hit stacked onto that. That would be a bit overpowered.

Perhaps if instead of dealing damage counting down from the hit you dealt, it could hit random amounts of damage for a 10 second period, with a set maximum damage. This would still retain your concept, but keep it from being too overwhelming.

On the whole, creative idea, and gives the mace a bit of a twist that it sorely needs :D

31509signature.gif

Perhaps if instead of dealing damage counting down from the hit you dealt, it could hit random amounts of damage for a 10 second period, with a set maximum damage

Im pretty sure that he says it hits a 8 then counts down to 7 then 6 and so on and so forth not if you hit a 30 it counts down by 1 for every hit

Anyway nice idea And maybe make it only for Dragon Mace after the quest of course (that would be a hawt Special :) )

kill3r_c0w.png

Sounds like a good idea, except maybe have the different types (bronze through Dragon, stats reflecting the base mace). And, after a recent experiance with C Wars, I'd say this weapon seems almost perfect for that too...

barrowsmsmithcape,craz%20is%20evil.gif

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: Those who know binary and those who don't.

I say raise the requirements to wield it meaning you had to have like 80 smithing, 80 firemaking?lol and those quests.

Rofl then basically no1 will be able to use it. 80 smithing is extremely hard to get i would know im only 60. I think the stats are perfect. I love this idea. It really expands the mace. The mace is basically useless i have always found it stupid.

Random+Hobos.png

It is an interesting idea, but why would a steel mace which normaly has stats of what? Around 20 or so, I'm not too sure, go up to 60 just because you set it on fire? Since you ground off the [bleep]es on it I think it would even decrease in power. And you forgot strength.

Small Children Scared Count:3

22dr.jpg