Anyone come across ScamBaiters before?

I found a website many months ago which I completely forgot about came across it again called Scambaiter's and found it completely halarious. It's a global network setup to scam the scammer's out there. They generally just stall there progress at scamming for as long as possible and then pretend to be close at doing a deal with them (the scammer) and then ask them to do stupid things like pose a certain way in a picture to tell if they are telling the truth.

Quite funny...Just goes to show how stupid some desperate scammers are out there. :lol:

Reminds me of runescape alot and the scammers we have going around there and their intelligence in trying to scam people. :roll:

Well my question is has anyone ever come across Scambaiter's before because I found it quite halarious. And has anyone been in the situation outside runescape were they have "scammed the scammer" where they have halted the progress of the scammer, decieving them and pretending to fall for the scam and eventually then lead them to a dead end? :lol:

Also I won't post the link, because there are some pictures on there which might offend people (generally children). If you want to search for it then that's your own choice. :wink:

I've done one before, here's the picture I requested:

yahaya8dq.jpg

I asked him to write "I am job" on the sign (the line from Mrs. Doubtfire) but he wasn't all that clever.

I got bored of doing it so I've not done any more. I always baited under the name Michael Gambon (the English actor who nearly rolled a car on the Top Gear test track).

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I did it a little a while ago but i never got any pictures :(

http://www.419eater.com

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Oh yeah i forgot about that. Wasnt really scam baiting tho, just owning some dude on webcam with me and my mate pretending to be a girl

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

No one's put a disclaimer yet and I fear if no one does then this will end up closed.

These people are real criminals. Thats why it isn't unethical to do this. It's also why you must never give out any (real) details.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

No one's put a disclaimer yet and I fear if no one does then this will end up closed.

These people are real criminals. Thats why it isn't unethical to do this. It's also why you must never give out any (real) details.

Very true. I loved the names you gave and the picture very nice effort. :lol:

and...

I did it a little a while ago but i never got any pictures Sad

http://www.419eater.com

Thats another great website...I really would love to get involved in one of these "scamming the scammer" tricks!