Stretchy Heads Bug - Full Information, Images and a Video

Jumpeplowski

10th April 2006: Easter Bunnies Infest RuneScape. I go over, complete the minigame and get an Easter Ring. I also notice the animation from eating the magical easter egg. Your character floats up, turns into a bunny and falls back down and returns to normal form, unless of course you're standing over a rabbit hole that you will fall through instead.

Now, if you know me, I'm always trying to find bugs, always curious about RuneScape's limits. For example:

thetrawlerbuoyancytest2rx.png

Anyways, I tried to think of places where your character would have odd modelling, then I thought-- the bedsheet from the Ghosts Ahoy quest! So, I decided to see what would happen if I ate a Magical Easter Egg with the bedsheet from the Ghosts Ahoy quest and:

bug35fn.png

And then my character model got bent out of shape... ridiculously. I also noticed that the bedsheet was shown as worn in my paper doll. See for yourself, this is what I looked like when I walked:

bug16fn.png

bug22oy.png

I was laughing my head off. It was hilarious. I thought, damn, I need to take a video of this! But I didn't have a screen recorder, and I knew the bug was going to be fixed soon. So I asked a few of my friends to come, three or four of them are moderators. I finally found one friend who got a video. This is the URL for it:

Video courtesy of Skychi.

Unfortunately, I had to leave, and the very next day, the bug was fixed (probably due to my player mod friends' priority bug reports) but I am very glad that I got some screenshots and a video. And I also decided to get a screen recorder just in case something like that ever happens again. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask them.

blognov25ll4.gif

Heh, you shoulda seen how mangled up you get at ape atoll in the monkey agility course while transforming as a monkey. It looked like your guy went through a blender or something. :P

Heh, you shoulda seen how mangled up you get at ape atoll in the monkey agility course while transforming as a monkey. It looked like your guy went through a blender or something. :P

screenie please? Or do you not have one.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

screenie please? Or do you not have one.

mutated.png