Higher Range Lvl Increases Def?

wingx128

While training ranged it is possible to get defense xp. If you fight with the longrange style you will get 2xp for every hit and 2 ranged xp.

Ranging with the other styles will just get you 4 xp for every hit, and no defense xp.

I don't think that's what he's refering to. I believe he's asking if your range level increase your resistence to range attacks, much like your magic level increase your resistance to magic attacks.

From what I understand, your range level does not reduce the chance/damage you receive from range, only defense, armor defense, prayers effect it.

Below: Knowledge Base's information on magic defence. There's not parallel passage on range defense.

What affects my magic defence?

Magic defence depends on your magic skill level, defence level and the magic equipment you are wearing.

The higher your skill levels and magic bonus, the less likely you are to get hit. You will also receive less damage from a spell.

All I learned in life, I learned on Tip.it

I don't think that Magic level has anything to do with defence against Magic attacks. As far as I am aware, Defence is the only skill which has anything to do with protecting you from all types of attacks. Maybe it was different in earlier versions of RuneScape, I have only played the current version.

Gaelforcwynd.png

I don't think that's what he's refering to. I believe he's asking if your range level increase your resistence to range attacks, much like your magic level increase your resistance to magic attacks.

Yeah, you are right. I totally misread his post.

What I'd like to know is are the player moderators of RuneScape informed adults who know what they are talking about? Just like on forums such as this one, most of the moderators of RuneScape are probably children. They probably have absolutely no knowledge of how the game works beyond their own opinions of how they imagine it should work. The very fact that somebody becomes a forum or game moderator hints at an insecurity driven compulsion to want to impose their view of how things should work on other people. Usually this occurs in the guise of imposing their ego on the other members of the communtiy under the auspices of political correctness. Personally, I've always been a bit suspicious of people who end up being group moderators. I think that deep down they have power and control issues. But that's besides the point. Does anyone think that JAGEX support staff are programmers, or that player moderators are sent a codex of secret information, unavailable to the general public, upon being confirmed in their new status? :roll:

Gaelforcwynd.png

What I'd like to know is are the player moderators of RuneScape informed adults who know what they are talking about? Just like on forums such as this one, most of the moderators of RuneScape are probably children. They probably have absolutely no knowledge of how the game works beyond their own opinions of how they imagine it should work. The very fact that somebody becomes a forum or game moderator hints at an insecurity driven compulsion to want to impose their view of how things should work on other people. Usually this occurs in the guise of imposing their ego on the other members of the communtiy under the auspices of political correctness. Personally, I've always been a bit suspicious of people who end up being group moderators. I think that deep down they have power and control issues. But that's besides the point. Does anyone think that JAGEX support staff are programmers, or that player moderators are sent a codex of secret information, unavailable to the general public, upon being confirmed in their new status? :roll:

... How does this relate to the thread?

Uula.png

From what I understand, your range level does not reduce the chance/damage you receive from range, only defense, armor defense, prayers effect it.

Below: Knowledge Base's information on magic defence. There's not parallel passage on range defense.

What affects my magic defence?

Magic defence depends on your magic skill level, defence level and the magic equipment you are wearing.

The higher your skill levels and magic bonus, the less likely you are to get hit. You will also receive less damage from a spell.

im pretty sure jagex has said something about the higher mage the higher mage resistence you have.... not sure if it same as ranged

sigjicu0.gif

That guy put a screenshot of a reply he recieved from a JAGEX support person. I'm wondering who these people that answer emails are and questioning whether they know for a fact that what they are saying about how the combat system works is 100% accurate. How can they know how Defence affects Magic and Ranged attacks and whether having higher Magic and Ranged helps protect you from those types of attacks if it's not in the RuneScape manual?

Gaelforcwynd.png

That guy put a screenshot of a reply he recieved from a JAGEX support person. I'm wondering who these people that answer emails are and questioning whether they know for a fact that what they are saying about how the combat system works is 100% accurate. How can they know how Defence affects Magic and Ranged attacks and whether having higher Magic and Ranged helps protect you from those types of attacks if it's not in the RuneScape manual?

The people at CS are adults employed by Jagex... They can easily find out the answer, sometimes they are wrong though.

By the way "That guy that put a screenshot" is me.

Uula.png