Would you be a mod?

bum_co

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to be a Mod! :lol:

It's not all fame and fortune like a lot of people seem to think it is. You constently get asked tons of questions. Are expected to know the price of EVERY SINGLE item in the ENTIRE game.

You aren't expected to know the prices of all the items, or even any item for that matter. Who told you that? Player mods are just the same as normal players except they can mute and send priority reports in. Knowing the prices of items has nothing to do with it.

i'm pretty sure he means that a lot of people expect you to know the price of every item in the game :wink:

Well, I wouldn't mind helping out RuneScape.. giving something back to the community. Maybe it'd help restore my flow of "Karma"...

I get alot of questions anyway, I try to answer them to the best of my knowledge.. and if not I point them to the Knowledge Base. Plus I make plenty of reports of innapropriate behaviour.. not to "toot my own horn". Guess I'll keep on like that, maybe one day Jagex will consider it... lol.

And I have a feeling that just smashed my chances of being a moderator altogether^

It's not all fame and fortune like a lot of people seem to think it is. You constently get asked tons of questions. Are expected to know the price of EVERY SINGLE item in the ENTIRE game.

You aren't expected to know the prices of all the items, or even any item for that matter. Who told you that? Player mods are just the same as normal players except they can mute and send priority reports in. Knowing the prices of items has nothing to do with it.

i'm pretty sure he means that a lot of people expect you to know the price of every item in the game :wink:

True people might expect you to know them, but that doesn't mean you need to. When people ask me the prices of an item I usually tell them to look at the Item Price Check Guide sticky in the Item Discussion forum, as it has the price of every item in the game. But anyway I'll stop arguing about the price thing. :?

When people ask me questions, if their answer can be found in the Knowledge Base, I direct them to that, or I usually just answer their question.

kXiLk.jpg

True people might expect you to know them, but that doesn't mean you need to. When people ask me the prices of an item I usually tell them to look at the Item Price Check Guide sticky in the Item Discussion forum, as it has the price of every item in the game. But anyway I'll stop arguing about the price thing. :?

When people ask me questions, if their answer can be found in the Knowledge Base, I direct them to that, or I usually just answer their question.

:wall: Been away for a few days, forgot about this. Ok let me explain. I did not mean that I am expected to know the price of everything in RuneScape. What I meant was it seems that everyone else expects me to know the prices. You have no idea how many times I get asked what the price of item X and item Y are. I've had random people come up to me after seeing me talk and trade me, showing me a full inventory of random items, and ask me what the prices on them are.

Like what you said you've done/do I also direct people to the KDB if their answer can be found there. It's just that sometimes I wouldn't mind a little peace and quiet. Also, I put the "I wanna be a Mod! :lol:" up as a bit of sarcasim, but it seems it was lost to a few people.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png