Luring Topics

As Luring is against the rules, should there be Luring Videos and pictures in the Graveyard forum?

Luring is in direct violation of Rule 3: Item Scamming. By purposely decieving other players. I feel Tip.It should stop luring videos and pictures as they advertise a rule being broken.

Offline and unavailable.

I agree completely, but Jagex has not, as far as I know, taken a stance on luring. If you try to lure a player from non-wild into the wild and kill them it is still not item scamming because the player was warned when entering with a HUGE notice. When a player is lured into a multi-zone and awaiting is an entire team of players to kill the person, it is still not item scamming since the player willingly followed and wound up in the location.

In the past it has been discussed whether luring is ethical and this is where opinions mix. Many view it as being completely fine, while others find it despicable and immoral to do to another player. I see it that players are perfectly capable of making an informed decision when entering the wilderness that they may die in whatever sense, and luring is widely known now, so it's not like in the old days when it was entirely new and no one knew how to deal with it.

I totally understand how this may be conceived as item scamming and I agree that it should be, but Jagex has not taken a stand against it and it is not officially against the rules.

punk4ever.gif

By The_Jeppoz :wink:

Unethical isnt illegal.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Luring isn't actually against any rules, per-say, it's just diliked by people because they think it's scamming, but if the person is stupid enough to actually go into the wild with all his stuff then he deserves to get killed. IMO

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

As Luring is against the rules, should there be Luring Videos and pictures in the Graveyard forum?

Luring is in direct violation of Rule 3: Item Scamming. By purposely decieving other players. I feel Tip.It should stop luring videos and pictures as they advertise a rule being broken.

Theres a diffrence from backstabbing then luring, I think the luring your thinking of is the oziach lure, which is totaly diffrent since you are decieving and lieing to the other player. But luring to agility arena or to a multicombat zone isnt againts the rules, you rnot deceiving anyone...They follow the lurer into multi and their dead.

Quit runescape...