Caos RCing?

x_20_x

ALWAYS use the abyss for chaos, because that altar is a pain in the rear to get to, and the fact its also in the wildy doesnt help it. Just in case you dont know, once you enter the ruins leading to the chaos altar, you need to go through a very long maze to get to the altar (it might still be there, might not). Use of Glory is very much needed due to the presence of that maze.

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

the abyss is very simple to use, except there are a few tricky bits...

1. Pk'ers, they love to camp out near the mage, and teleblocking/entangling people.

2. The monsters are a bit... tough, so you need to wear something to protect yourself. Dragonhide helps a lot.

3. make sure you have done the abyss miniquest to access it.

4. The zamorak mage in the wildy will teleport you to the abyss. Take a pickaxe with you to speed it up.

5. Abyss has an outer ring and a inner ring. The outer ring is where mosters are, and where you will be teleported to, where on the ring is random. There are paths that allow you to go from the outer to the inner ring, although majority of them will have an obstacle. These obstacles usually requires your skills to get pass, such as agility or thieving. there are 2 special passes though. The pass nearest to you when you teleport to the abyss will ALWAYS be completely blocked, you cannot get through it. the pass that is furthest away from you is complete free, you dont need any skills to get past it.

6. Once you reach the inner ring, there will be gates called rifts. Clicking on these rifts will allow you to teleport immediately that crafting altar. Take heed that there are 4 special rifts that not everybody can just get in. The Law rift requires the completion of Troll Stronghold, and you must not be wearing or carrying any armor or weapons. The death rift is only accessible after the completion of Mourning's Ends Part 2.

7. When you enter a rift of your choice, you will be brought right beside the crafting altar. HOWEVER, you are now physically in that altar, so if you exit it by using the portal (like you would if you craft normally), you will not end back in the abyss. So if you picked air rift, and took the portal out after you crafted, you will end up south of falador. This is why glory amulet is needed.

8. finally, a few things you should note. The abyss monsters drops pouches that increase the speed of rc by allowing you to carry more essence. you may only use 1 of each type of pouches. Over some usage, some pouches may start to turn black and hold less ess. The solution is go to the abyss, and head into the inner ring where the rifts are. once you are there, there is an NPC called dark mage in the middle, he will restore your pouches for you.

Hope that helped

tim_chenw2.png

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)

since you might not have enough money to afford 10 glories for runecrafting, i suggest just using the protal right by the alter in the chaos alter then running back to edgy, sure you might get pked but it would save you money

And the second you get 44 switch to nats and get some glories

Personally I just got 44rc. I looked into Chaos but couldn't afford the abyss (glories and risk of pking and all that) and with the maze I reckon the xp rate is still low. Plus, correct me if I'm wrong here but: Chaos require pure ess (90ish each) and sell for around 100 each, so not much profit. I went all the way with airs (impure ess is 10ea, you get 4 airs per ess), the air market has been royally shafted by the ess update so I just kept the 10k airs I crafted for personal use, but they might sell for 10ea so ok profit.

Another rune ess alternative is bodies now that the wall between the body altar and edgy bank has been removed. The market for these is not good but you might get a bulk sale to a mage pure using missed curse training.

All in all I just reckon chaos is a waste of time and money. But it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong :)

df

iratebadger.png

however chaos at lv 74 is not bad, crafts 2 chaos per ess... though its a bit far :P

Chaos sells for about 150ea, easier if sold at 140ea, but thats 50 gp per ess, not that good. If you want pure xp, i recommend either body runes or fire runes, I recommend Fire runes as they are more useful, sells better and the ess is cheap (20 ea if you are UNlucky)

tim_chenw2.png