Appeals and a Recycle Bin

Both these ideas are taken from another forum I visit, un-rs related, but from what has happened to me over the past week, I think are useful to have. Firstly, I think there should be an appeals forum, rather than an appeals form which takes up to 30 days. If you made a forum, we could get quicker responses and reasons for being banned. Also, in this forum, when a person is banned, a post could be made entailing why they have been banned. Obviously, people will not be able to visit this forum once they have been banned, so is it possible for you guys to actually use forum blocking?(again, from the other forum I visit), where you can block users from a specific forum. If you could do that, then you can forum block them from all forums, except the appeals forum(this way, they'd also be able to use PMs to contact administrration, which I could not do).

Secondly, is an idea of a recycle bin. Whenever a post is deleted by someone who is not the original posted, it should actually be locked and moved into this forum. The reason I ask for this, is because a post of mine was deleted from the Tailor Shop, and there was no explanation of why to me. The post could not be located anywhere at all, and when I made a post wanting to know what had happened to it, I was banned for being demanding and apparently using offensive language. The forum mod does not appear to know where my post has gone(it was not inactive, it had actually been posted in by me within 24 hours before), if there were a recycle bin, this would be easier thing to trace. I am still wanting to know where my post went.

Junkieman608.png

That wouldn't be the first time I've asked people to be banned from certain forums via usergroup.

[edit]I better mention that I think appeals are better kept confidential. But I still suppor the idea of banning people from certain forums via usergroups.[/edit]

As for the recycle bin, yea... that exists. Normal users just can't see it.

Ah, I wasnt aware of it. The mod who removed my second post questioning the whereabouts of my first said he didnt know what had happened.

Thats another point I forgot to mention, why not have like a warning then banning system? Say you give people a warning, which stays for 6 months, if they commit another offense within that 6 months, they get another warning and a temp ban and both stay for another 6 months. Another in that time, and they get banned according. 3 strikes and your out sort of thing.

Junkieman608.png

Ah, I wasnt aware of it. The mod who removed my second post questioning the whereabouts of my first said he didnt know what had happened.

Thats another point I forgot to mention, why not have like a warning then banning system? Say you give people a warning, which stays for 6 months, if they commit another offense within that 6 months, they get another warning and a temp ban and both stay for another 6 months. Another in that time, and they get banned according. 3 strikes and your out sort of thing.

We do warn people (like about using SS for example).

cescsig.jpg

People are dealt with depending on the severity of what they have done.

Warnings are given out for some things, but also bans are too.

If you think this was unfair then you should contact an admin.

sig2ho7.jpg

I was under the impression they still had that system in place :-?

Seems like some things do change after all.

Is it somewhat in place, but there's been some changes since your modding days :P

I was under the impression they still had that system in place :-?

Seems like some things do change after all.

Is it somewhat in place, but there's been some changes since your modding days :P
Obviously. It's changed enough for me to think the system I remember no longer exists at all :lol:

I agree that ban appeals should be kept private. A seperate forum for it wouldn't increase reply times at all, as admins still take their time to discuss the appeal before contacting you back.

I agree that people should be able to tell why they have been banned, but it's usually pretty obvious.

Making it so people cannot send pm's is a key part of banning people, so they can't continue to break rules through pm'ing other users. The ban appeal form is for contacting the administration team, not the pm system.

Regarding your post that was deleted, I believe it is current policy to pm someone if you delete their post/topic (unless they just joined up to spam or whatever.) It is also expected that if you have a compaint/query about a deleted topic/post, that you private message a staff member, not post a new topic about it. If the forum pruning system malfunctioned, then that needs to be looked into by an admin.

3 strikes and your out sort of thing.
If a baseball player walks out, goes up to the umpire and belts him over the head with the baseball bat, that's not a "strike" - different offences have different consequencces ;)

Er, and note that I'm not a staff member and my thoughts on this are in no way official whatsoever.

Didnt expect the baseball analogy to get taken so far lol, I actually know nothing about baseball, was just using the phrase. You raise some pretty good points though, I'll look into PMing the staff about that post. I made a new topic to firstly find out what happened to it, and for the same purpose as the first post anyway.

Junkieman608.png