Training Skills with Limited Time

SirHartlar

I like to think of myself as an 'Average Joe' when it comes to Runescape. Playing three times a week doesn't give you uber riches and 99 stats, but you can still get a sense of satisfaction when you train hard on a skill and get a reward.

In this guide I am going to explain how you can raise your skills effectively when your time is limited. I will be using three main factors:

1. The Fun Factor! - If you are not having fun, usually it is not worth doing. It is only a game after all. For abbreviation purposes this shall be known as (F).

2. The Experience Factor - You need a decent amount of experience and the right rate of speed when you are limited with time. For abbreviation purposes this shall be known as (E).

3. Cost Effectiveness - If you are draining all your money into a skill and getting nothing back then you should try another method. For abbreviation purposes this shall be known as (CE).

Melee Combat:

1. This is quite simple, pick a monster or minigame you find fun and train there.

2. Monsters that have high hits and low defence like rock crabs and fire giants are perfect examples of good experience.

3. Using up a lot of food on a higher level monster is going to drain your cash, so training on a monster who doesn't hit you often is a good option.

Range:

1. Same as before, find a method that doesnt' bore you.

2. Picking up your ammo after using it is a great way to save money and keep on training without having to bank.

3. Watch out for arrow stealers and train on a monster which can offer safespots, this saves the need for large amounts of food.

Magic:

1. Some people teleport, others high alch. It is totally up to you!

2. I find that training mage with fighting spells as opposed to teleports or alchs is a lot quicker, plsu you get monster drops.

3. If you are in need of money, alching is the way to go. You can break even or even turn a profit if you alch yew longs.

Prayer:

1. Prayer and fun aren't always the best combination, but you have a few options to choose from.

2. Using the altar and burners in your own player owned house offers more exp and a speedier transition (Thanks to for this connection).

3. Using the above method is recommended if you have the construction method, otherwise the ectofunctus is your next best option.

Slayer:

1. Burthorpe your tasks if you find them weary, and try to have fun.

2. A good way to save time is to find the right slayer master for you. One that is too easy will provide too slow exp, whilst a difficult master might leave you hanging about in Lumbridge.

3. Slayer monsters sometimes drop rare and exclusive items, be sure to pick these up and turn a profit.

Runecrafting:

1. Choose an altar that isn't too far away from a bank, and one that interests you.

2. Using the abyss saves time if you have a good stock of glories. Be wary of Pkers though.

3. Try and craft laws or natures so you can turn a quick profit.

Agility:

1. Find a course you find fun and exciting.

2. Try to find a course that doesn't leave you with low HP after you fall from a piece of equipment.

3. Use your time wisely, plan ahead and work out how long it takes you to complete a course on average.

Herblore:

1. Find a potion you enjoy making. Simple as that.

2. Find a potion that gives you good exp.

3. Coincide herblore with farming to save money on buying herbs. Try and sell higher level potionts to turn a profit.

Thieving:

1. Ardougne centre may be a good place to make friends, but it is crowded often and exp is hard to come by.

2. Find a secluded location/world and train hard until you reach a goal.

3. Try and sell your stolen goods to make a profit.

Crafting:

1. Don't bore yourself with tanning cowhides forever, find a method that is quick and fun.

2. If you ave dragon hides you can thread, use them. Slaying dragons can turn you a profit off the bones and you can keep the hides to craft.

3. Craft items that can sell to other people easily, you will be hard pressed to find people buying thousands of coifs.

Fletching:

1. Find a place where a bank is near and you can chat to other people.

2. Bank logs from WC'ing to save time.

3. Sell your bows or alch them to turn a profit.

Mining:

1. Find a place you can get ores easily.

2. Mine coal or iron if you are lower level. These in turn can be used for smithing.

3. If you are not going to use the ores for smithing, sell them on to turn a profit.

Smithing:

1. Find an anvil near a bank.

2. Use ores from mining to save time and money.

3. Make steel bars and sell them on or other items that sell high + give good exp.

Fishing:

1. Catherby may be near a bank, but the atmosphere is horrendous. Find a nice location which isn't crowded with immature conversation.

2. I hear that fishing trout and salmon is fast experience, but lobsters are also good.

3. Sell your catch or cook them for exp.

Cooking:

1. Find a place where you are unlikely to be disturbed/annoyed.

2. Use fish from fishing to save time.

3. Sell your finished products.

Firemaking:

1. Just light up a fire and let it burn. What can be more fun?

2. Use logs from WC'ing to save money.

3. This drains your money as it doesn't really do much but it is a nice skill to have.

Woodcutting:

1. Find a place where you can relax and read the good old threads made by the wonderful people at tip.it!

2. Use the best equipment available to minimise chopping times.

3. Sell your logs or fletch them.

Farming:

1. Find a world with plenty of people to talk to.

2. Use items that give good exp as well as good time rates,spirit trees may take a long time to grow but they give great exp.

3. Use your crop in herblore or sell on for cash.

Construction:

NEED HELP HERE!

Feel free to add suggestions/corrections. I hope this has been a useful guide that will help you make the most of your time ingame.

ok for construction i timed my self, but here are some points:

>standing at the larder place, the butler gets stuck which gives you some time to chat with friends before making

>i got about 10k exp per 6minutes with oaks

>Plan how long you have * the exp per minute , then you can see to what

level you can ahceiv

> If you don't have enough {F} then there is no reason to do constructing, After a level or three try advertise outside of the portal,

then you will make new friends, play games and chat...

Just some Obvious points i think about alot while i do constructing

-retired from construction because of large loss of money-

penguinesigrq6.png

For prayer, there's a better way of training it now. If you get the ultimate prayer altar and burners in your house, and it's right by the door then it's faster than the ectofuntus. You get 3.5x the exp by using your bones on the alter this way, and it's faster than the ectofuntus.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

For prayer, there's a better way of training it now. If you get the ultimate prayer altar and burners in your house, and it's right by the door then it's faster than the ectofuntus. You get 3.5x the exp by using your bones on the alter this way, and it's faster than the ectofuntus.

Ok thanks I will add that in now.

Also, I have absolutely no clue about construction whatsoever. Would anybody be willing to write a paragraph in a similar style to how I have written it?

I like to think of myself as an 'Average Joe' when it comes to Runescape. Playing three times a week doesn't give you uber riches and 99 stats, but you can still get a sense of satisfaction when you train hard on a skill and get a reward.

In this guide I am going to explain how you can raise your skills effectively when your time is limited. I will be using three main factors:

1. The Fun Factor! - If you are not having fun, usually it is not worth doing. It is only a game after all. For abbreviation purposes this shall be known as (F).

2. The Experience Factor - You need a decent amount of experience and the right rate of speed when you are limited with time. For abbreviation purposes this shall be known as (E).

3. Cost Effectiveness - If you are draining all your money into a skill and getting nothing back then you should try another method. For abbreviation purposes this shall be known as (CE).

Melee Combat:

1. This is quite simple, pick a monster or minigame you find fun and train there.

2. Monsters that have high hits and low defence like rock crabs and fire giants are perfect examples of good experience.

3. Using up a lot of food on a higher level monster is going to drain your cash, so training on a monster who doesn't hit you often is a good option.

Range:

1. Same as before, find a method that doesnt' bore you.

2. Picking up your ammo after using it is a great way to save money and keep on training without having to bank.

3. Watch out for arrow stealers and train on a monster which can offer safespots, this saves the need for large amounts of food.

Magic:

1. Some people teleport, others high alch. It is totally up to you!

2. I find that training mage with fighting spells as opposed to teleports or alchs is a lot quicker, plsu you get monster drops.

3. If you are in need of money, alching is the way to go. You can break even or even turn a profit if you alch yew longs.

Prayer:

1. Prayer and fun aren't always the best combination, but you have a few options to choose from.

2. Using the altar and burners in your own player owned house offers more exp and a speedier transition (Thanks to Kwimbob for this connection).

3. Using the above method is recommended if you have the construction method, otherwise the ectofunctus is your next best option.

Slayer:

1. Burthorpe your tasks if you find them weary, and try to have fun.

2. A good way to save time is to find the right slayer master for you. One that is too easy will provide too slow exp, whilst a difficult master might leave you hanging about in Lumbridge.

3. Slayer monsters sometimes drop rare and exclusive items, be sure to pick these up and turn a profit.

Runecrafting:

1. Choose an altar that isn't too far away from a bank, and one that interests you.

2. Using the abyss saves time if you have a good stock of glories. Be wary of Pkers though.

3. Try and craft laws or natures so you can turn a quick profit.

Agility:

1. Find a course you find fun and exciting.

2. Try to find a course that doesn't leave you with low HP after you fall from a piece of equipment.

3. Use your time wisely, plan ahead and work out how long it takes you to complete a course on average.

Herblore:

1. Find a potion you enjoy making. Simple as that.

2. Find a potion that gives you good exp.

3. Coincide herblore with farming to save money on buying herbs. Try and sell higher level potionts to turn a profit.

Thieving:

1. Ardougne centre may be a good place to make friends, but it is crowded often and exp is hard to come by.

2. Find a secluded location/world and train hard until you reach a goal.

3. Try and sell your stolen goods to make a profit.

Crafting:

1. Don't bore yourself with tanning cowhides forever, find a method that is quick and fun.

2. If you ave dragon hides you can thread, use them. Slaying dragons can turn you a profit off the bones and you can keep the hides to craft.

3. Craft items that can sell to other people easily, you will be hard pressed to find people buying thousands of coifs.

Fletching:

1. Find a place where a bank is near and you can chat to other people.

2. Bank logs from WC'ing to save time.

3. Sell your bows or alch them to turn a profit.

Mining:

1. Find a place you can get ores easily.

2. Mine coal or iron if you are lower level. These in turn can be used for smithing.

3. If you are not going to use the ores for smithing, sell them on to turn a profit.

Smithing:

1. Find an anvil near a bank.

2. Use ores from mining to save time and money.

3. Make steel bars and sell them on or other items that sell high + give good exp.

Fishing:

1. Catherby may be near a bank, but the atmosphere is horrendous. Find a nice location which isn't crowded with immature conversation.

2. I hear that fishing trout and salmon is fast experience, but lobsters are also good.

3. Sell your catch or cook them for exp.

Cooking:

1. Find a place where you are unlikely to be disturbed/annoyed.

2. Use fish from fishing to save time.

3. Sell your finished products.

Firemaking:

1. Just light up a fire and let it burn. What can be more fun?

2. Use logs from WC'ing to save money.

3. This drains your money as it doesn't really do much but it is a nice skill to have.

Woodcutting:

1. Find a place where you can relax and read the good old threads made by the wonderful people at tip.it!

2. Use the best equipment available to minimise chopping times.

3. Sell your logs or fletch them.

Farming:

1. Find a world with plenty of people to talk to.

2. Use items that give good exp as well as good time rates,spirit trees may take a long time to grow but they give great exp.

3. Use your crop in herblore or sell on for cash.

Construction:

NEED HELP HERE!

Feel free to add suggestions/corrections. I hope this has been a useful guide that will help you make the most of your time ingame.