Search Button for the Memberlist

Hey Fellow Tipit'ers,

This is my first ever thread here in Forum Updates & Suggestions. My suggestion I belive should be added to the tip.it forums is that of a search button in the Memberlists.

This would be extremely handy for me and others who use this feature of the website as it's often impossible to sort through the 1900+ pages of Members just to find a certain member (even if you know their name, because there are thousands of members and pages to sort through to reach their name alphabetically).

I often use this feature to see if a certain player ever joined and used the forums, when they joined, how often they posted and relavant information about them like their msn.

I can't see why there would be any problem with this feature being added, as it doesn't go against any privacy rules by tip.it (considering they tell us this information in the memberslist but just make it awefully hard to find it).

So please Admin, can you add a Search button feature onto the Memberslist so we can quickly view tip.it members. :)

Thanks,

Eelspremiers

use the regular search function anbd just put stuff in the author. If you wanna search for Mercifull, Merciful or Mercinery or summit you would type Merci*

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

That only shows me if they use the board or not. I also would like to see what their post count is (how active they are), when they joined and any other relevent information like their profile information (msn).

That only tells me if they use the board or not.

That's why I am kindly asking for a search button in the Memberlist. Surely that isn't to much to ask? (apologies if I am wrong) :oops:

That only shows me if they use the board or not. I also would like to see what their post count is (how active they are), when they joined and any other relevent information like their profile information (msn).

That only tells me if they use the board or not.

That's why I am kindly asking for a search button in the Memberlist. Surely that isn't to much to ask? (apologies if I am wrong) :oops:

Then you click one of the search results and underneath their post & sig, you'll see a link to their profile.

cescsig.jpg

From a usability standpoint, the memberlist in it's current configuration is pointless as it provides zero functionality. It is impossible to find anyone by clicking through page-by-page.

Some players visit this forum and are not certain whether they have created an id or not. For them (or another user) to be able to search would help reduce the number of multiple/inactive users.

Not all users have posted, which makes the Search for Author irrelevant in many cases.

-----------------------------

My suggestion is to essentially keep the memberlist in it's entirety out of sight and replace it with a new landing page. Let users search by drilling into it by alpha selection and/or search. Here's a punch list:

• 1. Rename the "Memberlist" link to "Search Memberlist"

2. Create a new Search Memberlist landing page that provides search options

1 & 2b. Alternatively, remove the Memberlist link (and user access to the ginormous list) altogether and add the search features to the existing Search page.

•  
      * On the landing/search page, create an "A to Z" linklist by letter for users to jump to the member list by alpha choice

* On the landing/search page, create a "Search for Member" option for users to key a name or wildcard text

Thanks for playin'

From a usability standpoint, the memberlist in it's current configuration is pointless as it provides zero functionality. It is impossible to find anyone by clicking through page-by-page.

Some players visit this forum and are not certain whether they have created an id or not. For them (or another user) to be able to search would help reduce the number of multiple/inactive users.

Not all users have posted, which makes the Search for Author irrelevant in many cases.

-----------------------------

My suggestion is to essentially keep the memberlist in it's entirety out of sight and replace it with a new landing page. Let users search by drilling into it by alpha selection and/or search. Here's a punch list:

• 1. Rename the "Memberlist" link to "Search Memberlist"

2. Create a new Search Memberlist landing page that provides search options

1 & 2b. Alternatively, remove the Memberlist link (and user access to the ginormous list) altogether and add the search features to the existing Search page.

•  
      * On the landing/search page, create an "A to Z" linklist by letter for users to jump to the member list by alpha choice

* On the landing/search page, create a "Search for Member" option for users to key a name or wildcard text

Thanks for playin'

I totally agree Ard!

That is pretty much what I had in mind, though getting it into words is another thing! :P

And plus, the method used by Phil, Mercifull and Albosky is definitely not user friendly (which isn't what you're about here at tip.it) :P

Having that method would make it so much more user friendly for all of the tip.it public and would help out all of us eventually, in one way or another!

I hope you take my plea's on board Albosky!

Thanks,

Eelspremiers

Done ,

The only thing I would like to point out , is that the memberlist is setup to not display users until they have activated their account , and that isnt going to change, so take that into consideration when trying to find a username that is either new , or old and was never activated (although a TON of those were removed a few months ago)

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Done ,

The only thing I would like to point out , is that the memberlist is setup to not display users until they have activated their account , and that isnt going to change, so take that into consideration when trying to find a username that is either new , or old and was never activated (although a TON of those were removed a few months ago)

You're a Champ Albosky! :D :3>