Photography

dark_shadow

Here are some photos that i took at my latest holiday, a week long trip to fraser island. theres lots of stories to tell, but i wont tell them here :) comments on the photos are welcome. (none of these pics are photoshopped yet, however i have made the pictures smaller :)

An odd photo, but i thought "theres a good photo opportunity!" so i took a photo.. simple as it is, i actually like it!

19ch2.jpg

As you will probably notice, most of the photos have heavy rain clouds :x lol no matter where we go for a holiday, it is 99% likely that it will rain. we should hire ourselves out to drought stricken areas! :lol:

22nh.jpg

I personally adore this photo. took it while i was fishing with my father (and i shall mention that i caught 7 edible fish, and he caught 1. ha!)

31lg.jpg

another sunset photo, taken after the previous photo

40vu1.jpg

just another scenery shot

52bq.jpg

scenery shot from atop a 30m high sand dune!

67zs.jpg

lighthouse

70ai.jpg

green sea turtle which i rescued on the last day... had to carry it for 18km on sand!! argh!

84jn1.jpg

rainforest on teh island

99vp1.jpg

Dingo; this fella happened to sit next to the car!

102ye.jpg

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!

Very, very nice! Great choice of subjects, but some have plain compositions. Instead of placing the subject in the middle of a photo, try putting it off center, perhaps to the side. I guarentee that if you follow that simple rule alone, your photos will improve drastically. But, I have to admit, I have never had the chance to take a photo of a sea turtle or a fox(EDIT: Dingo #-o ). Brilliant subjects and excellent use of light.

yeah, i was lucky with that dingo! id seen a couple before this fella, but was unable to get decent photos. this guy was only fairly young, and wanted to play. luckily we were in the car at the time.

the sea turtle was an unfortunate one. it was stranded on the beach cause it was exausted from trying to get back out to see through the large swell that day. we found it on its back, and we thought it was dead, until i saw it move. then i sat in the back of the car with a 70cm turtle in my arms, dripping wet, for 18km across soft sand lol. i was holding it in the air so it wouldnt get jolted.. trust me, these guys are heavy! we released it in calm water in a bay so it could recover and get back out to sea

turtsigs2.jpeg

Featuring in my sig: TURT, ma pet turdle!

Thanks to- Runemetsa and Aijiru for two of the great sigs!