Movie Cliches

Random

Anway after watching a few teen movies(you know, where those 30 year olds actors play High school students) I notice one of the recurring themes throughout was the huge distinction between the 'popular' and 'unpopular'.

This strikes me as king of odd, as all the High schools I've been to (most of them as a visitor) popularity was never that big of an issue and everyone mix and mingle with eachother. Ofcourse there are different groups forming and rivalries going on but these are mainly just base on interest and a simple dislike for the other person.

So I was wondering how prevalent is the theme of popularity in the average US high school?

image1ne5.png

those movie people do that just to make it entertaining. I, however, find it stupid. Every year it seems like 10-20 movies come out, and all thats in them is sex, drugs, controvery, parody, and all that crap. They do it to make money, and thats it.

Popularity isn't a huge issue at my school. Everyone has respect for everyone else, which is extremely awesome. However, you know there are some people that are more well-known than other people, because they participate more in school acitivites, (everyone knows the football players and the members of the Journalism staff) but, they're not treated any differently than anyone else.

In the old school that I went to, however, popularity was everything. That's mainly why I moved.

3898000bYVcx.png

We used to have groups at my school (especially in 6th year, our senior year) The 'popular' people were the 'perfects' (prefects) who when in their own group wouldn't speak to anyone else who wasn't in the group. On their own though they would talk to others and were actually decent people. Yeah some of them annoyed me though.

There was also the goths, the geeks and the normal people.

Every group had their own place/tables/seats in the common room, it was kind of funny.

sig2ho7.jpg

sex, drugs, controvery
Woot.

But yea, popularity isn't that big. It's often apparent that the people who think they are the coolest and do all the partying, aren't particularly well-liked all around or have many friends. The most popular, with both close friends and ability for them to talk to people in all groups...They are the one's who are the most popular, it's just not said that they are...It's just understood. You follow? I doubt it.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

In elementary school, there was virtually no popularity... Then, we moved on to 6th grade. 6th grade was in school by itself and everyone was separated by "cool", "uncool", and "just there". Then, when we went up to middle school (7th - 8th grade) popularity kind of seemed to go away again. You had the popular kids and the not popular kids but no one was really treated any differently. I'm going into highschool in August so I don't know how it's gonna be there...

We used to have groups at my school (especially in 6th year, our senior year) The 'popular' people were the 'perfects' (prefects) who when in their own group wouldn't speak to anyone else who wasn't in the group. On their own though they would talk to others and were actually decent people. Yeah some of them annoyed me though.

There was also the goths, the geeks and the normal people.

Every group had their own place/tables/seats in the common room, it was kind of funny.

gotta love socioty.. this is why there are wars.. or the basis of them anyway.

In my school everyone gets treated the same. All 2100 people are in the same "group". My school is also very ethnically diverse somewhere about %50 black/hispanic 25% asian and the rest is white/other. Everyone gets treated the same there are no problems...theres a few stuck up conceite kids that no one likes...thats all