A couple of wilderness fixes

messiah

Well, I consider these to be fixes, but some may not. Hear me out all the same.

Two major things annoy me when I pk. Redbars are one of them. The ONLY time we should be seeing red bars is when we kill someone. I hate when I land a huge R2H hit to redbar them. Then, I stop attacking and eat, thinking I scored a kill. That just bugs me a lot, I wonder if anyone shares the same opinion. Since it would be silly to not suggest a fix, I propose making redbars only visible at 0 hitpoints, and a tiny sliver of green visible when they are still alive. I don't care if the bar is proportioned right, I just want to know that I have some more to hit before they die.

Secondly, I propose that the primary left click option in the wilderness should be changed to attack, regardless of level, but only when you can actually attack your target. Currently, you only have a primary left click option to attack on people equal or below your combat level. This option is visible regardless of wilderness level, making the primary option attack on people 30 levels below you in level 1 wilderness. When someone only one level higher than I attacks, I am forced to right click and then click attack (Range + R2H combo) whenever I switch weapons or eat. The higher guy has a distinct advantage in that they only have to click once to perform the same action that takes me two clicks. It may not seem like a big deal to some, but that extra click makes you lose valuable time, and also gives the opponent a big advantage.

This kind of turned into a rant, not the suggestions they were meant to be, and for that I apologize. Feel free to post your opinions on my comments. Feedback is greatly appreciated!

First, there is a message telling you that you have defeated someone. You will also see the drop. Sorry, but I see your first idea as more impatience. Perhaps others will see it the same way as you though.

Yes, the left click attack system needs to be changed. Its outdated like no other. It needs to be fixed not just in wilderness, but everywhere.

RSN: Mutashi

Absolutely, on both topics. However, I do think that keeping the attack option for all levels needs to be extended outside of the wilderness as well. Or it should at least be an option to set on/off. See http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=494125.

In terms of the red bar, I think I would agree...however, aren't there sounds, etc that you could go by to know that you have made your kill? (I'm not disagreeing with the idea, just with your claimed need for it :) ).

What I really think RS needs is a public forum for thinkers like you and I. This Discussion and Suggestions section is wasted too much on new "features" that get suggested over and over, when obviously they will never happen. I like it when I instead see people who have realistic, reasonable fixes to improve RS's quality of gameplay, not its quantity of "features."

That's my 2 cents.

i support both ideas a lot, and i actually thought about the left click attack change already (great minds DO think alike! \' ) only one problem though. Jagex doesnt like pures, and obviously they want to make it harder for people who limit their combat levels. This is the advantage of a higher combat level.

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

I read your post Endasil, and all of the points are excellent.

I play with sound off (for the main reason that I listen to tunes while I am playing) and if anyone has tried to read the death text when you are pking in world 1-5 it's nigh impossible to read with all the spam from other players.

I'm aware there are alternatives to seeing the death, but it seems to me that it is poor programming and design that red bars show up when there isn't a death.

Thanks very much to all who replied!

I think there should also be a 10 second wait before you can attack someone after they attacked someone else, this would eliminate "pile jumping" which is a negative part of the wilderness, also people wouldn't be allowed to jump in on a fight just because both people ate for 2 rounds.

First idea..dont agree. Its not that hard to tell when the person is dead or not

Second idea..brilliant. If you are lvl 40 is lvl 11 wildy you shouldnt have to right click to attack a lvl 51

I think there should also be a 10 second wait before you can attack someone after they attacked someone else, this would eliminate "pile jumping" which is a negative part of the wilderness, also people wouldn't be allowed to jump in on a fight just because both people ate for 2 rounds.

This would only work is non multi combat areas

Drgnriderx11.png