*New Vector Work

vladmoney

http://www.deviantart.com/view/36251775/

Copied from DA:

Ah my first people vector, finally did one, have been putting it off. Tried pretty hard on this one, i know it has some mistakes, but i will get better with practice. I know the skin has some colors that you might think aren't blended that well, but i wanted it that way because thats how it was in picture. The hair needs work. Done in photoshop just a bit over 1000 layers (including the background). I actually wanted to make the hair and background better, but i am running out of harddrive space and i couldn't save it at all and it was just starting to lag alot, i had to move a bunch of stuff to my ipod. Big pain, so i just wrapped it up.

Honestly glad to be done.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

You have great anatomy and shading, mad skillz. But:

I dont understand why it suddenly goes from bright peach skin, to green dark skin. I think there should be more of a fade there more towards the back of her arm or something.

girlsigfi1.png

axeraider70.deviantART.com

You have great anatomy and shading, mad skillz. But:

I dont understand why it suddenly goes from bright peach skin, to green dark skin. I think there should be more of a fade there more towards the back of her arm or something.

I know the skin has some colors that you might think aren't blended that well, but i wanted it that way because thats how it was in picture.
md666.gif

I think it's because of the drastic difference in lighting. It's the same way with the top she's wearing. I like it that way myself. Nice work Vlad.

Yeah, it kid of gives the impression that that te sun is setting.

I really hope you do more peoples though because that one looks really nice :D

to be honest, it doesnt LOOK like a vector. looks more like its been painted.

Exactly what I was going to say..

Did you use meshes heavily?

Don't get me wrong, though, it looks fantastic. Very nice work, Vlad-

IRKAa.jpg

amazing work, and i also thought it didn't look like a vector :? vectors are usually block, colours, it looks like u painted it. great work though, 100 layers :shock:

Splatter-RM-stroke.png

"A disbelief in magic can force some poor souls into believing in authority and business"

^^ sorry to be off-topic, but vlad is it a 'vexel'? (may answer others questions as well)

no i used a the pen tool strictly (although i took out the brush a couple of times when i went back to fix some things), that is what all the layers are for. Keep in mind this isn't the full version, it has been minimized to 40% thus maybe giving it more of a painted feel.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com