Experienced mage/quest help needed

Jasquith

I want to complete the Family Crest quest and I know that I need L.59 magic to do it. I've trained up to L.40 :oops: and I've got full mystic. What I need to know is; are god capes tradeable? how much should I expect to pay for one? or is there anything else that can give me an equivalent or better magic bonus?

Also, what is the best was to defeat the Chronozon in Edgeville dungeon? Does he just melee attack? If so is it best for me to find cover and mage it once i've got to L.59?

As you can probably tell, I'm very new when it comes to magic... I didn't like it generally but now I'm kinda getting in2 it... ANY advice would help me out.

PS- Is the mage armour from the mage training arena in Al Kharid tradeable? if so, how much should I expect to pay for it and are there any level requirements?

Thanks to all who reply, very much appreciated.

Well, god capes aren't tradable. But can be obtained in the Mage Arena! they aren't tradable.

Chronozon does melee attack, but the poisonous spiders (there's around 4-6 in there with him) make it quite well, impossible to mage safely. Best be go in it with melee.

Could try joining a pest control group, and gaining massive experience a day. Without waisting runes. Or world 78, which isn't that great anymore, but still works.

Yes, it's called Infinity armour by the way (rainbow colored) it costs a hefty price compared to most magic armour. A set can go for about 8.5mil to 9mil these days I believe it takes 40 magic, and possibly 40 defense, but I'm not entirely sure on that one.

Firstly do not use your full mystic or you will most deffinitley be losing it depending on your lvl, chronoson is quite a few lvlx into the wildy part of edg dungeon and there are plenty of people there waiting to take your gear.

Wear only mage armour you can afford to lose, for example maybe use zammy robes and the gnome boots and hat.

As for the fight itself its very very straight forward, take an anti with you and you may aswell drink it before you go in as the spiders will bite anyway so it will save you drinking mid fight, just run in and blast him with 1 of each of the elemental spells and then continue to hit with highest elemental spell and he will be dead in about 6 strikes probably less.

Tele out and your done, if your really worried about pkers take an ectophial that cannot be cancelled by combat.

ukegbluebird.png

Use protect from melee prayer. If a spider attacks you and you have PFM on I'm quite sure they can't poison you. Just bring a few pots and make sure you have a tele. A few times I almost got PK'ed down there while EarthOrbbing.

Chronozon, as far as combat 160+ goes, is a pushover. He only uses one form of attack and shouldn't be too much of a worry.

As for training your mage I suggest gathering a bunch of cosmics (lotsa lotsa lotsa cosmics) and your elemental staff of choice(at 40 I'm sure you can't do level 3 yet so go with Air Staff) and go down to the Mage Training Arena. Use Level 2 enchant in the Enchantment room till you run out of cosmics and you should gather up a bit of exp.

You should also be training your fletching a bit so that at level 52+ (with a wizard mind bomb) you can start Hi Alching Yew short bows. Hi Alching is a very good source of experience for magic. And it's good for cash too.

(edit - meant to say fletching,but I said level)

We don't rebel to sell it just suits us well, we're the bright young things.

hi every1, thanks for all the advice, obviously, i've got a bit more work 2 do yet. Thanks 4 the help and if any1 else is reading this, please feel free 2 add your own comments/ advice. Thanks especially 4 the ectophial tip btw! I didn't know that!

hi every1, thanks for all the advice, obviously, i've got a bit more work 2 do yet. Thanks 4 the help and if any1 else is reading this, please feel free 2 add your own comments/ advice. Thanks especially 4 the ectophial tip btw! I didn't know that!

Ya. Chronozon just melees. You know you'll have to hit him with each of the blast spells( kinda makes me wonder why they're Chaos gaunts and not Death gaunts), so make sure you at least do that. If it splashes you have to use that spell again. You can hide from Chronozon by standing a bit south on the east side of the Obelisk. The poison spiders are annoying, but don't make it impossible to safely mage Chronozon. I maged Chronozon from there. Antipoisons, food, runes, and stuff. Definitely the ectophial. One click and you're out of there. But remember if you're teleblocked you won't be able to telly out of there.

Noctis666.png

• 4 weeks later...