Newbie or not Newbie? That is the Question...

Ryenkishu

A couple of years ago the word newb, newbie, noob and all of the other myriad variations on that, had a definite meaning.

"A new, lol-leveled player who is unfimiliar with the game and how it works"

Now, however, I feel that the true meaning has become obscured in the mists of time. I see level 70's calling level 100's noobs because they won't sell them their armour. People call lvl 80's noobs, how can a lvl 80 be a noob?! :-s Generally it is used as an insult when it could, should even, be reffered to as just a stage in the 'life cycle' of that avatar, when player are getting to grips with their surroundings, not someone who wont' give you what you want.

Let me know your feelings on this one.

If it moves... own it!

Ryenkishu - (Ree-en-kish-oo)

Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

i personally think noob/newbie and all the other definations has turned into a racist slur, the same as someone calling a pakistaini a paki or a black man a ni**er.

NO IM NOT RACIST IM BLACK MYSELF

the word/phrase is used to degrade the other person exactly the same as racism....

your thoughts...

Engl1sh.png

Engl1sh of RSAlliance

Goals Att 80 - Str 80 - Def 80 - Slayer 85

yea it is used completely to offend others. But dont think jagex would appreciate the amount of ppl u would b reporting for using this 'offensive language' the report centre would b flooded with reports. Personally being called a noob offends me considerably more than pretty much any other insults, including all of those that are censored. Yea i dont have a very high combat lvl my total lvl is great and im not rich, but i feel i have a pretty gud knowledge of the game, more so than pretty much everyother f2p player and more than alot of the p2p one's even tho i have never bn a member. i have learnt a great deal from these forums about the p2p world i dont appreciate people calling me a noob when they no practically nothing about me!!! :evil:

newbankofrsyq0.gif

Its usually quite laughable, like when that lvl 10 came up and said something in Spanish. When I said i spoke english, he called me a noob. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard ever.

That's exactly what I'm talking about! How does that make someone a noob?

If it moves... own it!

Ryenkishu - (Ree-en-kish-oo)

Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

noob and newb have evolved into completley different things. Though newb/newbie still means a new player, noob has turned into a common insult, flung around so much that, imo, it has lost all its sting. I usually chuckle to myself when I see someone spouting "noob" left and right, since they are simply showing their ignorance, lack creativity, and immaturity.

ShadowSam19.png

ppl call others noobs cuz they dont get their way. they are just stubborn ppl. I am a low COMBAT lvl f2p and i hate it when ppl come up to me and just say noob but then i say that i would own them in a certain skill (mostly say smithing and im right) also alot of hard working low lvls are being accused of macroing when they arent. when i had kalbatorix as my rsn and i was in mining guild everybody reported me for macroing but then i would talk.

Guy: reported

Me: for what?

Guy: woops

Me: ?

Guy: I reported u for macroing sry

kalbatorixfull0ug4rn.jpg

Seling 45548 Airs PM if u want to buy some!

Ahahahah!!! I am happy there are actually some mature people playing runescape. I experience all these things daily on runescape. Since i am a newbie. I have been playing for only about a week, and my combat lvl is 4 (i wanted it to be 3, but did not know range would increase my lvl). I think i get called "lol noob" at least 10 times a day. I am not annoyed, just feel pity for those immature kids.

Thing is i have been trying to up all my non-combat skills without fighting. so I am currently lvl 62 minng and 55 smithing. And yes i have been accused of macro-ing even though i am quite the talkative person out there. I have also been accused of cheating or somthing when i went to the mining guild at lvl 4.

My reply to these coment are usually "Lol, grow up kids" That usually shuts most of them...other just become irritated coz i touched a sensitive nerve :P Also when they shout "Mine rock! Noob!!Go away noob!!"(usually not because they were here first but because i have much better mining skill and are are getting none of the ores), i just let them have their way and not touch "their" rock, but it makes no difference when the place is crowded with other high-level miner...and its actually amusing how they change the focus of their rants from me to say a lvl 60-70 guy with the same coment they used on me....

whoa now that was a long post -_-

Runescape, Alfyn mah

• 3 weeks later...