Holy.. a 4 way Colab? That even Posible? RATE!

Nadril

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

nice guys, glad to see you guys work together..

ill post some more when i get home from school..

-old ?blackout?

Hey whatsup blackout :) longtime no see.

Thanks guys, thanks peter glad you liked it :)

nice guys, glad to see you guys work together..

ill post some more when i get home from school..

-old ?blackout?

Hey whatsup blackout :) longtime no see.

Thanks guys, thanks peter glad you liked it :)

well as i said glad to see u guys try some "new" things and it's looking great, and i would been surprised if peter wouldnt have liked it, i mean... look at that masterpiece.

offtopic: And Naddy say Ello to the other guys from me :wink: . Ill be watching u :D i dont really write in the forums so much but i browse them quite much so BigBrother will be watching.

You know, for FOUR PEOPLE, all who consider themselves skilled artists, that really really really sucks.

I'm sorry.

~witty

Thanks witty.

Ok then, lets see some sigs that don't really really really suck.

Choose any of the sigs that each of these 4 artists make on their own.

I'm not saying the artists are unskilled, I'm just saying that you'd think that putting all that experience together would make something nice, but it turned out worse than each of their individual works alone. Just my opinion.

~witty

I'm not saying the artists are unskilled, I'm just saying that you'd think that putting all that experience together would make something nice, but it turned out worse than each of their individual works alone. Just my opinion.

~witty

Well would it be okay to assume this a learning experience then? Also, collabs aren't quite the easiest thing in the world. When you edit the sig you put your style into it, but then the next person gets it and their style might completely overthrown what you did. I'm not saying this happend nor that it is a bad thing but you can't expect to see the best from everyone in such a small workspace. Too much of it gets covered by what the next people do.

You know, for FOUR PEOPLE, all who consider themselves skilled artists, that really really really sucks.

I'm sorry.

~witty

I semi-agree with that. Its got some nice elements here and there, but overall its a huge blurry piece, with 1 dimensional glows...

However considering that it was a 4 way colab on a small canvas like that, I'd have to commend you guys on the effort though.

I'm sorry.

~witty

I semi-agree with that. Its got some nice elements here and there, but overall its a huge blurry piece, with 1 dimensional glows...

However considering that it was a 4 way colab on a small canvas like that, I'd have to commend you guys on the effort though.

Thanks, that was the point I was trying to make. If it was wallpaper size for instance, it would be so much easier to use our styles and such but in the small area they all get overlapped and some don't even show anymore.

Damnit Witty. Now it looks like the only reason I've said anything is because you did. Actually I just found this thread so there's my excuse...

But yeah, I agree. Personally, it doesn't matter how many artists come together to do something... Sure, maybe if you have a photographer, a vector artist, a brusher, and an abstractionist you could get a cool colab... but all you guys do the same style art... so basically you are only as good as your worst member...

Quality

---------

Quantity

I'm sorry.

~witty

Thanks, that was the point I was trying to make. If it was wallpaper size for instance, it would be so much easier to use our styles and such but in the small area they all get overlapped and some don't even show anymore.

Yeah i know. Infact, we should maybe work on a wallpaper sized peice, it would probaly turn out better :D Since more size like you said.

Also, Uncovrd has a heavy brushing style, as semi-does azvy, so those 2 styles colided in the peice.

And thanks keiph :)

~witty

Well would it be okay to assume this a learning experience then? Also, collabs aren't quite the easiest thing in the world. When you edit the sig you put your style into it, but then the next person gets it and their style might completely overthrown what you did. I'm not saying this happend nor that it is a bad thing but you can't expect to see the best from everyone in such a small workspace. Too much of it gets covered by what the next people do.

That's true, it is a learning experience, and it is hard. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing agaisnt what you did, just didn't like the result very much.

But like Keiphus said, I don't think space is the problem. You've got to put together 4 people who do very different things so that together, it's not just a fight for space.

Don't think a wallpaper will completely solve that, you might come out with four random things in each corner, and it wouldn't be the greatest. But at least it won't overlap, and mess things up for everyone. Try it, and I, for one, would love to see the result.

That's about it, I think. I also commend you for your effort, and I hope that you (Ryan) didn't get too offended.

And lol, Keiph. :lol:

~witty

~witty

That's true, it is a learning experience, and it is hard. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing agaisnt what you did, just didn't like the result very much.

But like Keiphus said, I don't think space is the problem. You've got to put together 4 people who do very different things so that together, it's not just a fight for space.

Don't think a wallpaper will completely solve that, you might come out with four random things in each corner, and it wouldn't be the greatest. But at least it won't overlap, and mess things up for everyone. Try it, and I, for one, would love to see the result.

That's about it, I think. I also commend you for your effort, and I hope that you (Ryan) didn't get too offended.

~witty

yeah it was a learning experiance. We also didn't start out with the greatest render, which was my fault (i for the life of me could not get a good render out of bryce lol :lol: ) But we will try again probaly/perhaps :D And see how it works out.

Who knows, maybe our styles overlap too much, we will just have to w8 and see :)

Wallpaper you say? I'd be into that, if someone wanted to make it. Probobly wouldn't be for payment if everyone on the boards could use it, but it would be a neat thing for you to do. Maybe you all should try it.

peterstretchfn5.gif

Wallpaper you say? I'd be into that, if someone wanted to make it. Probobly wouldn't be for payment if everyone on the boards could use it, but it would be a neat thing for you to do. Maybe you all should try it.

yeah :) We probaly should.

btw, lemme go find your msn and add you lol :oops:

~witty

~witty

Trust me, I didn't get offended. I really do agree with you guys on this one. I think everyone has made some good points. I personally really like the sig, but could the same result have been accomplished by just 1 person? Absolutely. As stated, similar styles means that the sig will end up just as one type (abstract brushing) and that's what happend here. But could that be blamed for the fact that we were working within our comfort zone. It might be interesting to take something like a landscape as our base and pass it around to see what happens. I know nad likes landscapes and we'd probably end up with some celestial stuff but who knows what else might happen?

~witty

~witty

Trust me, I didn't get offended. I really do agree with you guys on this one. I think everyone has made some good points. I personally really like the sig, but could the same result have been accomplished by just 1 person? Absolutely. As stated, similar styles means that the sig will end up just as one type (abstract brushing) and that's what happend here. But could that be blamed for the fact that we were working within our comfort zone. It might be interesting to take something like a landscape as our base and pass it around to see what happens. I know nad likes landscapes and we'd probably end up with some celestial stuff but who knows what else might happen?

Hey a landscape would be cool. I know i could always render the landscape (or someone else :P) and work on a space part to it. It could bring out our styles, maybe azvy make some nebula like things :D Crate you just revamp the landscape :P and uncovrd just brush what can be brushed lol :lol:

And I'd be happy to be the client, but you guys might have to lower your prices!

Fine with me. Nad's just a greedy little punk.

lmao :lol: it wouldn't matter :P if we made a wallie it would be more for fun than profit :)

and yeah.. i'm a little greedy :lol: :oops: :twisted: