More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

Rareghoul1, until you can prove that Jagex is paid for the adverts per click, I'm going to stick with the idea of them being paid for by view. Per click would make no sense, and would rarely benefit Jagex. I doubt that they would allow them unless they got an easier profit from them, such as per view. It's much like commercials on TV... The broadcasting company isn't paid for every person that says they got reffered to a product from a commercial on their channel. They get paid for having it up there.

-.- ads pay for each click because each ad isn't on there for a set amount of time, you can't pay for 15 minutes worth if the person is on that page for 5 seconds. and if you notice every time you go to a page the ad changes, even if it has been 2 seconds and it's the exact same page. add to that the fact that programs that pay you to click on ads and google have stated that the majority of money the ad makers pay is for the actual clicks and not the space, it's a fact. also, you can't compare TV and the internet because the owners of the site can track how many clicks an ad gets while on TV you have to trust the advertisers word. plus, the fact that an ad for a web page is randomly picked from the list of advertisers that have paid for their advertisement to be placed on the site, you aren't guarenteed any time at all. plus, some websites only charge a one time fee for ads to be placed while others only charge a weekly or monthly payment.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter how Jagex recieves money from adverts, the outcome is still the same.. They have enough money for maintenance and the occasional update. 12 new bank slots could be one of those rare updates. I'm sure that even you could agree on how little effort such a small update would take, as well as cost...

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

No matter how Jagex recieves money from adverts, the outcome is still the same.. They have enough money for maintenance and the occasional update. 12 new bank slots could be one of those rare updates. I'm sure that even you could agree on how little effort such a small update would take, as well as cost...

although the cost would be little, you'd have to update each account in order for them to have more bank space. sure it wouldn't take long for one account, but there are over 10 million f2pers. the only other thing they would have to do is program new accounts to have that capability. so it's harder for the existing account. add it to the fact that jagex is a buisness, and they think of f2p as a way to attract customers, i don't think they'll do it.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

Do you really think Jagex goes through and adds an update to one player at a time? :-s They would update the entire gaming server at once.. As they do with all updates. :XD: And no, it's not that hard to do. ::'

12 new bank slots is hardly an attraction for members, as I've had to say so many times before. Look at the current poll, and look in the discussion topic... Not one person joined P2P for bank space. It was all for the items, and skills, and quests, and all of that good ole fun stuff they get.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

{Author of Tip.It Times article}{Founder of the F2P Bankspace Campaign}{Interviewed for the Gielinor Tribune}{F2P Bankspace was ACHIEVED!}

If you want something done, you have to get it done yourself. If Jagex doesn't want to give us a measly 12 new bank slots, we have to pressure them into it. 'Nough said.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

If you want something done, you have to get it done yourself. If Jagex doesn't want to give us a measly 12 new bank slots, we have to pressure them into it. 'Nough said.

Doing something is better than doing nothing.

If you ever ignore a problem, it is never going to get solved.

tfssig.png

Such is true with everything in life... If you start doing things about your problems now, you'll continue to do it in the future. But if you just say "Oh, but it doesn't matter...", then you're always going to be saying that to yourself.

Why do you think I'm continuing the rallies, even though I've retired from Runescape? Because I finish what I start.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

The following message has been posted in the Pmod Centre:

To the staff of Jagex:

I (Blackbear778 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ founder of the campaign) am humbly leaving you this message on behalf of the supporters of the F2P Bank Space Campaign.

As you probably already know, the F2P Banks Space Campaign has been going on for about a year now. In that long span of time, the campaign thread in Tip.It has massed a page total of over 100, and has gathered over 2,200 posts from both supporters and debaters alike. The campaign has grown far more than I could have dreamed of, and has flourished since the very beginning of the bank space rallies. Just as you were promptly informed by a pmod in your Centre those many months ago about the first rally, I have asked my good friend Milkboy to post this message here in my stead.

F2P has grown over time, both in its population, and more technical things such as in-game items. Over time, you have given F2P more and more items to be stored. There are items like the sceptre, trimmed armor, trimmed robes, and (the ones that take up the vast majority of the space in an F2P bank) random event clothing. Not to mention all of the other essential items for skilling, such as your handy pickaxe, runes, bows and arrows, armor, swords, and so much more that has to be stored. The simplest truth of matters is that F2P doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have enough bank space to store all of that which you have given us.

It was because of this that I started the campaign those 12 months ago. And it is because of this and more, that I am continuing the campaign today. F2P asks you for a simple increase of 12 more bank slots. It would complete the current half row, and fill in another. 12 bank spaces are not much compared to the occasional vast increase in space you give members, but it would be more than sufficient for F2Pers. Is this really too much to ask for? For a year now, you have ignored the campaign, or given no signs of noticing it. Why is this? Is it because we donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t directly pay you for updates? Is it because you believe us to be just a demo? Neither are valid reasons for you to turn a blind eye. IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve been told so many times that a ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅdemoÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

you know what? i've decided to support you guys. the vast majority of f2pers don't know how to manage their space, it's not that they don't try. some items that are crowding up space come from members, and they have more space. even if the supply of trimmed armor stopped coming, and all the trimmed armor from non member worlds vanished leaving people with their market price, some people find it necessary to keep their randoom event clothes. there are so many random event clothes that even if you managed your space and only kept the materials for oone skill at a time in your bank, there wouldn't be enough space. however members have the luxery of just storing it in their house, not taking away anything but about 2mil in planks. of course that is a lot of money, but it's more space. so i'm gonna support you guys, but don't expect to see me at a rally.

however, if there is an f2p bank space update there better be a members tooo, i'm good with my space and 3/4 of my bank is filled up, add it to the fact that i don't actually have that much stuff and that i can't use barrows sets plus all the quest items that are handy to keep, i'll be over the limit.

i expect that jagex will give both non members and members bank space updates if they give non members the space, so it will be much harder to program the members space and it might take a while.

i really don't approve of these rallies you guys are having, but i support the idea now.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

I appreciate your newly found support for the campaign, but the rallies are necessary. F2P would never get more bank space if we just did our discussions in a thread here in Tip.It... Jagex wouldn't take the slightest bit of notice. With the rallies, and with the help of the message I posted in their Pmod Centre, they have no choice but to take notice.

I also find it quite suprising about how many members come in here saying "rallies and riots won't do a thing!", when not but a few days ago P2P rioted over the update to Pest Control. :roll:

Nice job to the hypocrites. ;)

6 days until thefirst of the weekly rallies!

EDIT: A reply was posted by Jagex in the Pmod Centre... I'm not going to go into detail on what it said. I'm currently waiting on a direct reply from them to me. We can only hope that the message was noticed.

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png

Prankster_King thanks fro being so great in this whole situation. I think if we do get something, that it probably wouldn't have happened if you hadn't done all this. You had the rant of the year maybe, and the letters to the Mods and staff are great. Plus you use proper grammar and language, so they didn't think it was just some child wanting something. So, for that I thank you for all your efforts, and let's hope they hear our message!

P.S.- I noticed to clear out some space, just destroy your Holiday stuff and you can just get them back from Diango later. It still leaves you with a lack space, but it helps a bit. :)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Heres a hammer, some planks and a few nails, now all you gotta do is build a bridge and get over it.

Id Suge- Latin for "Suck It"

I appreciate your newly found support for the campaign, but the rallies are necessary. F2P would never get more bank space if we just did our discussions in a thread here in Tip.It... Jagex wouldn't take the slightest bit of notice. With the rallies, and with the help of the message I posted in their Pmod Centre, they have no choice but to take notice.

I also find it quite suprising about how many members come in here saying "rallies and riots won't do a thing!", when not but a few days ago P2P rioted over the update to Pest Control. :roll:

Nice job to the hypocrites. ;)

6 days until thefirst of the weekly rallies!

EDIT: A reply was posted by Jagex in the Pmod Centre... I'm not going to go into detail on what it said. I'm currently waiting on a direct reply from them to me. We can only hope that the message was noticed.

true, but most of the people who say rallies don't do anything didn't go, in fact the rally against it pissed me off. the rally for f2p bank space is different, the pc rally was a bunch of little kids whining because they can't make pures as fast, while your guys' rally is a legit arguement. still, i don't approve of it, but i'm not gonna flame you for it.

rare%20ghoul2.gif

rare%20ghoul2.gif

That is true, rareghoul. ::' I appreciate that you have decided not to flame about it. You don't know how much of a break we get in here when someone comes in that doesn't flame. :)

And thanks Suge. That compliment just made my day start off a little bit better. :)

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

userbarunorbv1.png