Gielinor Tribune: 5th Edition!

junka666

TGTsupsig.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 4th, 2007

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Behind the Scenes August by Randox

2. Price Manipulation by Unleasher10

3. Blah! by Firsttsurugi

4. Interview of Prankster_King by Book(unorclan on tip.it)

5. Runescape Marvel Comics by Dkw0101

6. Funny Imponderables by Book(unorclan on tip.it)

7. Recruiting Authors/Comedians/Editors for the Gielinor Tribune

Part One: Behind the Scenes August by Randox

This months behind the scenes starts off with the promise of a feature that many a players have long awaited. A clan chat system, presumably integrated into the playing window somehow, so that we donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to talk aloud when were wandering the wilderness looking for prey. This system is supposed to also include ranks, and the ability for the channel creator to mute certain people (within the clan channel only of course). Hopefully it will live up to peoples expectations, I for one think that Jagex has probably put a great deal of time, effort, and thought into making this a great addition to the game.

The next items covered in Behind the Scenes are the usual small improvements. Apparently so items are gaining more useful ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâexamineÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ descriptions, and the customary graphics updates. Since they say ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹Ãâscary placesÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ we can assume that this will be focusing on the wilderness, dungeons, and maybe places like mort myre and the desert which are also dangerous by nature.

Moving along it seems that Jagex has publicly accepted that some servers tend to attract people doing a certain activity. This can be training or skills related (air running for example) to mini game related (such as castle wars and barbarian assault). One can assume that Jagex have either taken the time to figure out what worlds focus on what, or they will simply chose some random servers and designate them themed in the hopes that players will except the new worlds. Either way this should prove to be interesting and useful.

And finally we have what would seem to a ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâGod Wars DungeonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ that will give us a glimpse into the past. Of course being located in the wilderness may prove to be a bit of a pain, however the dungeon itself is not likely to be located in the wild (much like the King Black Dragon lair). This should be highly enjoyable for the RuneScape history buffs (such as myself) and will be eagerly awaited by many people.

Of course we can always count on some people to complain about each and every one of these updates, but such is the way of life, both in-game and in the real world. With any luck the people complaining will have no valid reason to do so in the eyes of the majority of players.

Part Two: Price Manipulation by Unleasher10

According to http://www.apeccp.org.tw/doc/Philippines/D...ion/phdec2.html , price manipulation can be defined as 'a series of transactions designed to raise or lower a price of a security or to give the appearance of trading for the purpose of inducing others to buy or sell,' or 'intentional interference with the free forces of supply and demand.'

This article aims to give a brief overview of how price manipulatin works and how it is done. This article is written from a very theoretical point of view, mainly because I have never tried price manipulation myself.

Purpose

There are many motivations for price manipulation, but the main motive is to buy a product en masse at a price cheaper than the norm and/or to sell a product at a high price.

Methods

There are two different legal ways to manipulate prices. These are:

1. Buyups

2. Settling prices

There are other methods to manipulate prices, but these are against the rules and have therefore not been included.

Method 1

This is probably the most risky of the two legal methods of price manipulation, and involves buying a large quantity of any item and then keeping the items for a length of time. This increases the demand as buyers cannot buy their product while decreasing supply, causing an inflation of a product's price, whereafter the manipulator can gradually sell off the products at the high prices. Take care not to hold on to the items for too long, though, or the supply and demand may settle due to people being more willing to work to get the item due to the increased price.

This method will work best with items that are commonly traded (for ease of buying) but are still in short supply. Being a free player, I think this could work with runite armour, by e.g. buying all the runite platebodies in world 1.

Method 2

This is a quite safe method of manipulation, but it might be more difficult to implement than the first method. It involves agreeing with other merchants on a high price at which to sell an item, causing the buyers of a product to be forced to buy the product at a high price if there are no other suppliers.

This method will work best with items for which there are very few providers, such as items which require high skills to make. Super-strong weapon poison comes to mind, as do magic logs and rune ore, but there are still too many providers for these to be manipulated effectively. Items that require high stats in multiple skills which are quite hard to level would be necessary.

Legality

To my knowledge, price manipulation is not against the Jagex rules, providing you do not:

1. Scam when buying items,

2. Lie or intentionally decieve other players, or

3. Break any Jagex rules while going about manipulating prices.

So there you have it. Now stop bugging me.

Conclusion

The area of price manipulation is still a very exploratory area, as I doubt many people have attempted it. I donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have nearly enough cash or skills to try these methods myself, but if you do and you think you can pull it off, by all means, go ahead, but donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t blame me if it flops and you lose all your money. ;]

Part Three: Blah! by Firsttsurugi

Section 1: Words of Advice

- If you have a strong character and youÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re in serious need of quick cash, the answer is simple: Barrows.

- A good place to train for mid level characters (50ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s, 60ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s, 70ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s, etc) would be the stronghold of security by the flesh crawlers. You can get 30k experience per hour.

- Improvise. DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do everything by the website, no matter how good it is.

- DonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t judge an item. ItÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s amazing what people will pay for white berries or wines of zamorak.

- If you canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t find a sale then go to merchanting forums or go to project onyx to advertise your item to the entire community.

Section 2: You Know You Are A Noob IfÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâæ

- You are level 30 and try your chance against Dharok with a bunch of expensive items that are a pain to get even for strong members.

- You ask someone ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¦Ã¢â¬ÅwhereÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the bathroom?ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬ÃâÃ

egamer"]I loved the paper.

grammar mistake in the third paragraph in part one.

except should be accept.

anyways, part six was my favorite, I enjoy reading those kind of things.

Thanks for finding that. Maybe your could be an editor :wink:

Glad you liked part six.

Ok, I'll admit it. I regret leaving now, as the paper has developed greatly. This issue really is a good one, and I love the marvel comics thing.

I don't doubt that you won't take me back, so, I will continue to read every issue, Junka, That is my promise.

Andus-Sig-1.jpg

i'm also glad that everyone liked this issue as much as they did. we almost gave up do to lack of work brought in. And thank you Dark_Aura for praising my work. It fills me with pride :D .

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.