Monster Pelt Rugs!

Dalcyte

Ever walk into your home, gonna throw a party...but you just have the bland oppulant rug? Well, As an addition to crafting and construction...i purpose new pelt rugs! Yes, no more common rugs, with this update, players would be able to craft different rugs from pelts from different monsters. The pelts would be a drop from exclusive monsters, just like heads. To craft the pelts into rugs, you'd need normal equipment for the matter...your trusty needle and thread...but now the matter of getting it tanned and ready for use. Well the tanner in al kahrid won't do it...nor will anyone else. So...once again, you'll be left to your own devices to tan it. It will require you to build a few things in your workshop.

Mangle (dries moisture out of the hide) Lvl 44

2 steel bars

4 teak planks

1 Bowl

600 exp

Tanning Rack Lvl 43

2 Oak Planks

2 Bronze Wire

---Optional-----

Spade in inventory

Limestone Brick

1 Iron Bar

700exp with optional

650 without

Reason why you have to go through so much trouble to make the tanning rack is that you need the actual..rack, but to make it go faster the optional part is necessary to build a fire pit, rocks around it and a grate, so the hide doesn't catch fire. It'll take about a few minutes without the grate, but a few seconds with it. Once you have it, just take it to the rug hotspot and place. With 5 iron nails you have the option of hanging it on the wall in your skill room. The monsters:

(32 Crafting)Bear: 51

(37 Crafting)Desert Lizard: 78

(45 Crafting)Ogre: 113

(50 Crafting)Basalisk: 123

(57 Crafting)Bloodveld: 140

(64 Crafting)Green Dragon: 162

(67 Crafting)Blue Dragon: 178

(72 Crafting)Red Dragon: 186

(75 Crafting)Black Dragon: 192

(80 Crafting)Dagganoth Rex: 213

(80 Crafting)Dagganoth Prime: 213

(80 Crafting)Dagganoth Supreme: 213

(86 Crafting)Dark Beasts: 240

I have to go soon, so i'll get the exp for them later. Post on suggestions, wat u think, constructive critiscm, threatening messages...the lot. Thanks.

I think the idea sounds fair but the dragon hides are used for armor who wants to use them as carpets?

Why not? I high-alch most of the hides I get (after crafting them, of course) so pulling out a few to make a cool rug wouldn't bother me in the least.

Good idea, by the way.

- Sligo

MySig.jpg

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but, I am not sure you realize tht what you heard is not what I meant.

gonna do exp now... I guess there was some confusion on the dragonhide carpet. You Get the normal hide and bones drop from the dragon. But another drop you can get is the pelt...just as you still get black d hide from the kbd, but can also get the head.

Why keep just the head to look at. You killed that monster fair and saqure(maybe). Why not be able to walk over it and stamp on it when ever you want. Also it would add a touch of personalty to it. I just hope Peta doesn't hear about runescape.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

i'd also say to make them tradable, add another way to make money off craftng. I'm not sure if the amounts of monsters that drop pelts r to much tho... :?

I think the idea sounds fair but the dragon hides are used for armor who wants to use them as carpets?

Why not? I high-alch most of the hides I get (after crafting them, of course) so pulling out a few to make a cool rug wouldn't bother me in the least.

Good idea, by the way.

- Sligo

doesnt he mean kbd hides like kbd head? just a rare drop like all heads

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

Its a good idea but the head can be used for maybe, a trophy head you see hunters in RL hang on their walls. You can maybe change it to hang the head on the wall so others can see that you have killed the monster.

Just my 2gp worth.

cloud.jpg

egg3.PNG

Its a good idea but the head can be used for maybe, a trophy head you see hunters in RL hang on their walls. You can maybe change it to hang the head on the wall so others can see that you have killed the monster.

Just my 2gp worth.

nice idea, OH WAIT! it's already there...lol. you can can get crawling hand hand, basilisk head, kq and kbd head, maybe one more...but thats it. Anyway, Jwrm22, we already solved that issue of wat i meant.