Order of Muppetry: First Class

rft

I don't know how you all approach potentially tricky situations, but I tend to have a mental checklist for most things. For example, going to barrows: I check that I have all the right runes, armours, arrows, pots, spade etc. This always leaves exactly the same amount of space each time for food. If I have too many spaces then I know that I have forgotton something, so this works as a kind of failsafe device. Similarly, I take care when going to the wild: which items do i want to protect, drop etc in case of getting pked. For most things in RS, I have this strategy, and generally it has worked pretty well.

But I digress. I was in Lost City last night, thinking that I could do with killing a few bronze dragons for the bones before I headed off to bed, maybe even getting lucky with a drop. So my mental checklist kicked in: pretty straightforward - armour, super set, pots. So there I was in LC with full rune, dmed, rune boots, obby shield, glory, ROW, whip, with my inv nicely stacked up with food and pots. However, having not managed to get to the dragons several times, I have a second checklist. 3 unusual items.

Item 1: 875 coins to pay Saniboch

Item 2: axe for the vines in the dungeon

Item 3: ... It'll come to me I'm sure.

So I glory tele to Karamja. This is useful because I can stop off at Tzharr to pick anything up that I have forgotton. And indeed I have. Yup, it's my antifire potions - very handy for making my food last longer. (last time i managed 20+ dragon bones just on monkfish and and base prayer level). Glad I remembered that.

So I was wandering down to the bronzies, thinking about all those barrows twins that I had killed pointlessly (good thread Leesters) and headed off to the dragons.

BANG *33* "what the...?" I start to run, realising in horror my muppetry. *43* Meh, I've already made it to the black demons in the next room. I hasitly turn prayer on to protect my precious 5 hp. Phew!

*5* Noooo! A trailing firebreath caught up with me and robbed my of my last few hp. *sigh*. Hello Fally. The other person training on bronzies didnt even get a chance to insult me for my stupidity, but got a pretty tasty death pile off me nonetheless. Lesson learnt the hard way. Perhaps next time I have a check list I'll actually try to remember the items, not just some vague cryptic clue as to what I need.

At least I kept my whip. :)

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs

Muppetry? That's a good word. :)

An antifire shield is usually condusive to not getting your [wagon] kicked.

#-o

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

Reminds me of the time I was finishing off my last steel dragon for a slayer task when my prayer ran out, got down to 12hp trying to finish it off so I ran back and had a 'great' idea :roll: "hey i have some rune knives and javelins and the drag is almost dead, might aswell give it a shot' So I try with the rune javelins first-run out and my guy runs towards the steel but luckily I pulled away in time but then stupid me, I try using the knives ignoring how close to death I had just came..yeah next thing I know I'm in fally with my whip+fury+barrows gloves (its how I lost my first black mask) and the steel still alive on like 5hp :wall:

I deeply sympathise...way back when I was f2p and thinking about taking on Elvarg, I trained for a bit, bought everything I needed....hesitated...trained some more...then screwed my courage to the sticking place, tooled up and headed out...

I did take an anti-fire shield - and a rune kite, too, in case i needed extra protection getting past the lessers. I got past them without a scratch, squared up to Elvarg and up I went in a puff of smoke!

I'd forgotten to switch to the anti-fire shield....turns out it has no effect if it's just in your inventory...

jiggeryqua.png

Oh man, that's tough.

I saw a post a while back by a guy who'd forgotten to take his anti-fire shield down there. He was toasted and couldn't work out why. I wasn't until he listed what he lost that we saw what he'd done.

I'm terrible for this too, last time I went there I forgot my wc axe so I went back to get it. When I got back to the cave entrance I realised that in going back for my axe I had spent an extra 60 gp on the boat and didn't have enough to get in. When I eventually did get to killing them I burnt up about 400 bloods on zammy flames and must've killed about 5 drags. Needless to say I haven't been back in a while :)

iratebadger.png