Party Hat Dupe?

tsolless

I've been looking for info on the Fally Massacre and I found it. hehehehe... Tell me you wouldn't have done the same thing but anyway! I also heard about the Party Hat Dupe along the way and I want to know what it is. What happened?

~An Ex-Member gone F2per. Going for 85 mining.~

Rogue+22222.png

Some guys figured how to dupe items, they obviously duped the most expensive items, party hats. Purple(pink) were the rarest and most expensive, but so many got duped that they are the cheapest now. The opposite happened with blues. I also heard(not sure if its true) that Jagex offered to give someone free lifetime membership if they showed how to do the dupe, and then they banned the person who told.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Ok, well as you might know, there is a certain type of autoer called a deob bot.

These deob bots are a modified version of the runescape client. They get modified to read a script and do what it tells it to do.

So part of a mining script would tell it to mine an ore by the id, the deob bot then passes this command onto the runescape server. So its basically sending the same commands as it would if you did it legitly, except it follows a script so it knows what to do.

A guy known as sixfeetunder was mucking around with the first deob bot with the initials AR (the full name gets blocked both here, and in runescape)

He accidently duped an item, by using AR to send a "trade 0 of this item" packet, by simply writing the script for it.

The recieving side would get tricked into thinking there really was an item (because you cannot trade 0 items of anything with the legit rs client, jagex were caught off guard with deob bots and didn't expect this)

He told 6 people, and one of them leaked it. He then duped thousands and thousands of phats and crackers giving them out.

Apparently jagex offered a lifetime membership to whoever told them how it was being done (they couldn't figure it out themselves rofl, I don't see why they couldn't have checked the packet logs of the guys who did it- they knew who it was. It would be one of the first things I would do.), someone told them and got banned.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Don't be afraid your life will end, be afraid it will never begin.

Ok, well as you might know, there is a certain type of autoer called a deob bot.

These deob bots are a modified version of the runescape client. They get modified to read a script and do what it tells it to do.

So part of a mining script would tell it to mine an ore by the id, the deob bot then passes this command onto the runescape server. So its basically sending the same commands as it would if you did it legitly, except it follows a script so it knows what to do.

A guy known as sixfeetunder was mucking around with the first deob bot with the initials AR (the full name gets blocked both here, and in runescape)

He accidently duped an item, by using AR to send a "trade 0 of this item" packet, by simply writing the script for it.

The recieving side would get tricked into thinking there really was an item (because you cannot trade 0 items of anything with the legit rs client, jagex were caught off guard with deob bots and didn't expect this)

He told 6 people, and one of them leaked it. He then duped thousands and thousands of phats and crackers giving them out.

Apparently jagex offered a lifetime membership to whoever told them how it was being done (they couldn't figure it out themselves rofl, I don't see why they couldn't have checked the packet logs of the guys who did it- they knew who it was. It would be one of the first things I would do.), someone told them and got banned.

they did it other ways also, they wernt trading party hats as stackables, and since they were stackables the trade would lose nothing, and the one they traded with would get a duped party hat

~bmms

a91e22ec.gif
Aefx(started 11/1/2002) Cb: 200 TS: 1900+
Bmms--Jr(Started on 1/24/06)(Banned 11/13/09 ) Cb: 119(pre-eoc) TS: 1700+
Bmms(Started 8/?/2001)(Banned 1/24/06 ) Cb: 101(pre-eoc) TS: 1350+

Lol Bmms it sounds like you heard it from somewhere but misunderstood it. They traded 0 phats, since that command is impossible to send with the normal rs client it got tricked, making it a stackable but still having 0 of them. The recieving side would get tricked into thinking there really was a phat, as it was up in the trade screen.

So it wasnt really even duping, it was item creation.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

Uhh hello if you knew someone would bassically confess if they had a reward for doing so then u would exploit and besides that's like saying, oh my gosh the police said that the guy wouldn't go to jail if he came out of hidding and then they arrest the guy for stealing and murder those jerks in the downtown office they tricked the poor murderer!

rule the seas is a cool mmorpg register through here: http://www.ruletheseas.com/index.php?r=50338

How do you know the guy who told jagex duped? Runescape is full of weedy little dorks who think killing someone irl is ok, just as long as you don't break one of jagex's runescape rules.

Sixfeetunder told 5 people, one of them leaked it so heaps of people knew how to do it. Maybe not every single one of them did use it.

l33tspeak4tk.gif

I think its quite harsh that jagex tricked someone into telling them, and then banned the person. I mean who wouldnt want free lifetime membership if it was offered to them?

I interpret as this.

Jagex: Jagex offers a reward to a person who finds out how the dupe works. A player spies on one of the people that know how to dupe and obtains the information and rats them out.

Jagex said good job, but since you know, you must have duped, so we'll ban you in case.

IRL: Police post a great offer. A detective spies on some murders, he find out information and rats them out. The police think that it's impossible to find out, without being one of the group of murderers, arrests and kills him.

People do these things, just in case, even if it hurts innocence. Jagex sees this as losing money, so instead of actually investigating and monitoring the person, they say screw it, we'll save money if we ban him.

But hey it's open to interpretation.