events forum - DONE

mrmyk

okay i had a previous thread about an events forum which was tried before (or so i am told) but was stopped after people posting needless trips...

but how about this new idea!

several different stickies for say "kq trip partners","d king partners" and so on...

now this forum would have thread for these "invasions" and leveling parties or drop parties...

so if you want a partner just use the stickies or if something different which doesn't come under the stickies post your thread..if a decent monster that lots of people kill as groups then it can get added to stickes

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

Just to let you know, we are discussing your suggestion. We aren't ignoring your post on purpose. :wink:

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

It would make the Event's Forum better, but what about the spam? I'm sure there would be many posts on these stickies tht are un-needed. I'd rather join a Dagonath(sp?) team, than scower a thread looking for a partner. I don't like to waste time, I'm not sure about you guys though.

mzvest,Shadorik.gif

Shadorik.gif

It would make the Event's Forum better, but what about the spam? I'm sure there would be many posts on these stickies tht are un-needed. I'd rather join a Dagonath(sp?) team, than scower a thread looking for a partner. I don't like to waste time, I'm not sure about you guys though.

this could be a place to post a dagnoth hunting team..and then you can recruit new members or join a group yourself ::'

gladz.png

Something like this sounds like it could use the expansion in idea of up to a "Player-made Events" forum region, kind of like the area the TET has. Just my $0.25 on the matter.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Something like this sounds like it could use the expansion in idea of up to a "Player-made Events" forum region, kind of like the area the TET has. Just my $0.25 on the matter.

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

same purpose

different name

:? :?

gladz.png

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

same purpose

different name

Sort of. Everyone would have their own thread areas within the forum board, 2 for each event (main & afterthoughts)... Only someone who was really starting an event would be able to begin a thread, all other ideas would pile up in a sticky thread, waiting for someone who could convert them into an idea (if ever)...

It is not entirely the same purpose, just as it is not the same name, mrmyk... For it to be the same purpose, it would have to be totally under the moderation and control of the TET, who already have more than enough on their hands...

'Nuff said. 8-)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

same purpose

different name

Sort of. Everyone would have their own thread areas within the forum board, 2 for each event (main & afterthoughts)... Only someone who was really starting an event would be able to begin a thread, all other ideas would pile up in a sticky thread, waiting for someone who could convert them into an idea (if ever)...

It is not entirely the same purpose, just as it is not the same name, mrmyk... For it to be the same purpose, it would have to be totally under the moderation and control of the TET, who already have more than enough on their hands...

'Nuff said. 8-)

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

im not sure about that though as some people would complain about not being able to post..

maybe a few people they send a copy of the thread to so they can check its of a good standard? then that person could give them clearence.

gladz.png

im not sure about that though as some people would complain about not being able to post..

I believe you took me the wrong way on this one. (I think. :? ...) I'm not saying it would be limited to a select few people. Anyone could post to this new forum section anywhere, but it would be bad to spam with ideas instead of piling them in a sticky thread, to which it would be asked that only players who are going to take an idea and make it into an event immediately would get to expand into the rest of the directory and set their threads up immediately, with all threads not meeting this criteria being packed up and either wiped out, sent to "Off-Topic", or dropped into the ideas pile...

maybe a few people they send a copy of the thread to so they can check its of a good standard? then that person could give them clearence.

This is both good and very bad in the same shot. Sure, it would stop truly bad ideas from becoming events, but at the same time, it could squash something good just because of selectivity. Moderating in this kind of form can be a real pain in the rear. :(

~Mr. Devnull

I believe you took me the wrong way on this one. (I think. :? ...) I'm not saying it would be limited to a select few people. Anyone could post to this new forum section anywhere, but it would be bad to spam with ideas instead of piling them in a sticky thread, to which it would be asked that only players who are going to take an idea and make it into an event immediately would get to expand into the rest of the directory and set their threads up immediately, with all threads not meeting this criteria being packed up and either wiped out, sent to "Off-Topic", or dropped into the ideas pile...

This is both good and very bad in the same shot. Sure, it would stop truly bad ideas from becoming events, but at the same time, it could squash something good just because of selectivity. Moderating in this kind of form can be a real pain in the rear. :(

~Mr. Devnull

i like your first idea but does tip.it have the script to do something similar to this? and maybe people would just right down the right criteria just to spam :(

anyway for the second bit of your quote yes i understand it would take ALOT of time but people volunteer for crazy things...*remembers one thing about my old biology teacher telling us what he did once*.

gladz.png

i like your first idea but does tip.it have the script to do something similar to this? and maybe people would just right down the right criteria just to spam :(

Actually, this would be more of a "User and Moderator Report"-supported system, to be honest.

(I'll admit, but please don't flame me over it...: If I was asked to deal with moderating in this kind of structure, I would gladly handle it. Why? Because I have just the right kind of twisted humor and sensibility combination, apparently similar in some aspects to the TET, but in other ways, highly unique.)

anyway for the second bit of your quote yes i understand it would take ALOT of time but people volunteer for crazy things...*remembers one thing about my old biology teacher telling us what he did once*.

Heh, it would cause a lot of upset to have to wait for clearance from a Moderator to launch some ideas, and some come out better than anyone could project in a theoretical standpoint. This is why waiting for clearance to launch an event before people could join in wouldn't work out. The interest would be lost before it could get going. There is a reason it is called "Player-Made Events"... :? ...So to be honest, it would be better to launch the setup for the event and let the moderator review it after all the details are up. That way, decisions are not based on a "Moderator's Worst Nightmare" standpoint, but instead on the true merits of the event's under-laying idea... If it really then is bad, a Moderator can lock and eliminate the thread as needed, and without causing any real upset, because then the moderator can lay down the reasoning for locking it as he locks it... Also, this would give the moderators a proper chance to hear responses back from the thread's strongest supporters, and possibly undo a "lock decision" as needed if the reasoning seems well thought out and not just "some silly childish piece of spam"... (Best phrase for that I can come up with...)

Anywho, that's about the next $4.00 of my mind on it. Geez, I'd be rich if all my thoughts could earn IRL cash... :P

~Mr. D. V. Devnull

• 2 weeks later...
by any chance is the new tip.iter events forum because of this post? :XD:

Could be... :-w

It was the second topic I had seen in about a one or two month period and figured after seeing yours we should look into it again.

Hope you like how it turned out. ::'

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat