New Combat Update - Let Defenders do Damage (Edited)

oreocookie987

This is my idea. When you use the defenders, your character makes a stabbing motion towards the enemy when blocking, yet no damage is done. This doesn't make sense to me seeing as how the defender is a blade and that defenders are an item in real life used in knife fighting to attack on a block. So this is my idea:

Defenders from Mithril to Rune (since Mithril is the first of the defenders to give a str bonus) will be able to deal a small amount of damage when blocking. The amount will not be a significant amount of damage, and the chance of doing damage while blocking is 50%, so it will not be everytime.

I thought the max hits for defenders would be something like this:

Mithril - Max hit 1

Adamant - Max hit 2

Rune - Max hit 3

This would not be free however, and the defenders would degrade as they did damage, similar to the Ring of Recoil. They break like Barrows items, and there is a "Check" option added to see how much damage the defender has dealt. Once it has dealt 500 damage, it will need to be repaired by Harralak (i so spelled that wrong <.< ) in the Warriors Guild before it can deal damage again. You will still be able to wield it and it will give all of its original stats. Or you can also repair it at the Armor Stands in your house for a reduced fee based on your Smithing level.

The costs for repairs would be this:

Mithril - Cost of repair is 100 x Damage Dealt

Adamant - Cost of repair is 200 x Damage Dealt

Rune - Cost is 300 x Damage Dealt

This way it costs 50k to repair a fully broken Mithril Defender, 100k for an Adamant, and 150k for a Rune. Tell me what you guys think about this.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

good idea except when i don't want to pay to recharge an item that took long enough (5k tokens ftw) and 30k is a bit expensive, beucase 100 hits would happen quicker than you would think

<the49ronin> O_o methinks ard is acting mighty high and pretty -.-

<Ard_Choille> I am pretty

<Ard_Choille> fo shizzle

good idea but instead of it breaking how about it dont do damage when the 100 hits run out but it still defendeds so that if you dont have 10-30k you can still have the defender and have it useful :thumbsup: on the idea thow

DoD:S ownage

what we have here is a ..um.. failur to communcate

check out my steam ID page @ alpha company