advertising rule...

liam892005

I was thinking, how many people at the TET event got muted/blackmarked/banned for advertising....I got muted once for saying tip.it...

O well, wot do u think? if u got reported at the event post!!

I THINK THAT THE ADVERTISING RULE SHOULD BE SCRAPPED!!!

people can walk around saying RuneHQ(GASP!)without getting muted so y should tip.it be different?

Returned 10/03/2010 after a two year break.

Filly_Suck.png

I agree, but if they scrapped the rule all together, they would have a lot of problems regarding their users accounts.

Perhaps they should have 'Aprooved Fansite's'.

Jagex are registered on this forum anyway, so they obviously don't have a problem with Tip.it.

Next TET Event: A Gnomes Dream

Next TET AU Event: Guthix Vs. Zaros Pt. 2: Kidnapped!

How do you know people saying "RuneHQ" arn't muted? That's still site advertising. They will eventually get banned too.

I have been in places where pmods(not at a event of some kind)or jagex mods have seen somebody say runehq but not reported them(they we're my mate so that's how I kno..)

i agree with the fansite bit, 'official fansites' maybe?

Returned 10/03/2010 after a two year break.

Filly_Suck.png

How do you know people saying "RuneHQ" arn't muted? That's still site advertising. They will eventually get banned too.

I have been in places where pmods(not at a event of some kind)or jagex mods have seen somebody say runehq but not reported them(they we're my mate so that's how I kno..)

i agree with the fansite bit, 'official fansites' maybe?

So in saying this you are implying that you failed to see people getting banned/reported for saying RuneHQ, but you did not say that people who said "Tip.It" were banned.

Also, it may have only been that that single case in which your friend did not get reported, since there is a chance the mod did not see them say it at the time. You cannot prove that people will not get banned for saying RuneHQ.

99 Ranged F2P achieved 21 November (2961st)

KILLZSIGZ.jpg

I think if you say Tip.It, or Google, you shouldn't be banned. If you say http://www.thissitewillhackyou.com then it should be bannable, since its not a well known site, unlike Google or Tip.It.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg