~ Weekly Hot Topic ~

Tell us what you think of the weekly Hot Topic here.

We aren't accepting user suggestions for the weekly Hot Topic just yet, so please do NOT post your topic suggestions here. All suggestions will be removed.

Right now, this sticky is for letting us know what you think of the feature itself. Do you like it? Hate it? Would you like to see it more often? Less often? Would you like us to post more than one topic at once? Whatever your thoughts, we'd like to hear them -- good AND bad!

This sticky is open to staff and users alike - post your feedback about this unique fansite feature here!

Remember, the SEARCH button is your friend. Use it!

• 1 month later...

Perhaps a special tag should be added to any topic given this honor.. maybe just tagged as Hot Topic (DATE HERE).

Also, maybe after this feature gets several more topics added to it, make their own forum for them located near the Archive of Wisdom perhaps.

Perhaps another thing: For each topic given this, add a poll to the start of it asking "Do you think this topic deserved the Hot Topic award? Yes, No or Indifferent."

One more idea for this: When someone gets their topic approved as a Hot Topic for the week, they should receive a special tag (like the Tip.It Crew or Item Researcher Avatar tag) identifing that they received the Hot Topic award. Then at the end of each month, all Hot Topics are put together and a poll is placed asking which you felt was the best. The Winner of this will have their tag updated to say "Hot Topic of the Month." At the end of the Year then, same thing except updates to Hot Topic of the Year.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Well this hot topic doesn't seem to be doing so hot.lolz. :lol: :roll: I pesonaly dont care bout who the editor is...but oh well... 8-)

Well that's nice. The sarcasm, we can do without. If you don't care for the topic, fine, that's your right. But that doesn't mean that everyone shares your opinion. The topic has had over 2000 views in the last day, so obviously, not everyone shares your opinion.

I personally think that it would have been nice for the first hot topic to be the one about the new bank page which was the original one but had to be removed after one day because the forum couldn't handle it!

It was a server problem, it wasn't the topic's fault. But you bring up a very interesting point -- very good idea to have a repeat of the original "Hot Topic". We'll do that bext week. Thanks for suggesting it.

So now we can sort of make suggestions for the hot topic? :P

May I suggest the one topic from the whole of tip.it's forum which has stuck in my mind the most and made me laugh the most too.... Underground Farm!

Maybe a dedication topic could be opened or just have that topic unlocked for the hot topic discussion..?

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=20992&

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

So now we can sort of make suggestions for the hot topic? :P

May I suggest the one topic from the whole of tip.it's forum which has stuck in my mind the most and made me laugh the most too.... Underground Farm!

Maybe a dedication topic could be opened or just have that topic unlocked for the hot topic discussion..?

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=20992&

Well no, not really. I will be opening a special topic for suggestions very soon - so you can suggest all the topics you like when that's done.

Gah! #-o Sorry, but I saw Lordofrah1 make this week's suggestion so I thought hey, go with the flow ::'

By the by, that was your 6000th post! :-w

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Gah! #-o Sorry, but I saw Lordofrah1 make this week's suggestion so I thought hey, go with the flow ::'

By the by, that was your 6000th post! :-w

Geez I didn't notice that, congratz to me!

The reason I went with Lordofrah1's idea was that he wasn't suggesting a new topic - he simply suggested we re-feature the very first one as we had to pull the Weekly Hot Topic right after we implemented it.

• 3 months later...

Personally I don't think the hot topic lately have been that hot, let me explain. This weeks hot topic,

What do YOU think the Easter event will be?(UPDATED)

[ Goto pageGoto page: 1 ... 8, 9, 10 ] 182 Abelmisi 8,599 Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:31 am

Dragon_lord View latest post

As you can see has only 128 replies, however another topic in the general board has,

Investigating the Wise Old Man

[ Goto pageGoto page: 1 ... 53, 54, 55 ] 1,094 KCHughes 21,752 Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:16 pm

Xewleer View latest post

1,094 replies, why is it that topic which are so small are being picked as the hot topic.

Also a hot topics archive page would be nice on the site listing all the old hot topic.

Thanks

Lordofrah1

• 7 months later...

[hide=Lordofrah1 Quoted]

Personally I don't think the hot topic lately have been that hot, let me explain. This weeks hot topic,

What do YOU think the Easter event will be?(UPDATED)

[ Goto pageGoto page: 1 ... 8, 9, 10 ] 182 Abelmisi 8,599 Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:31 am

Dragon_lord View latest post

As you can see has only 128 replies, however another topic in the general board has,

Investigating the Wise Old Man

[ Goto pageGoto page: 1 ... 53, 54, 55 ] 1,094 KCHughes 21,752 Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:16 pm

Xewleer View latest post

1,094 replies, why is it that topic which are so small are being picked as the hot topic.

Also a hot topics archive page would be nice on the site listing all the old hot topic.

Thanks

Lordofrah1

[/hide]

Hot Topics are made to show a topic that gives us members an interesting and up-to date topic. Since at that time Easter was a big craze, having a topic relevant to the time would make for a more interesting topic. Even though another thread may have more replies or views, many people may not find it worth to read.

As for thoughts on the Hot Topics, I would like to see more of the topics being picked. I usually don't find the Hot Topics being interesting to me as I do not really care about the thread question or purpose. Possibly add a Hot Topic for every forum? or choose about 3-5 to give us a different perspective at the many forums.

randomkcopyq.png

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.