appealing an offense....any1 done this?

QZ_Sioux

Ok, my son's account was used by his friend. My son tells me that his friend stole his login info, and since my son was grounded from the pc, I do tend to believe him. The date and time the offenses happened also tend to lean toward my son telling the truth. I have looked at the offenses and am quite upset, putting it nicely. Now my question is, do I appeal this, or do I just hope for the best? My son has changed his password, to try to prevent this from happening again. When I went to appeal this, it says that the account will be locked while it is being looked into. I just updated my son's account to a p2p, and wonder if the days he has left will dwindle away while the account is locked or if they will be "locked" too. Also, due to the offenses (3 in all, within seconds of each other) will they just find him guilty and block the account anyway or what? My son has worked hard on building his account character up, not to mention the nights I stayed up and played for him to build it up too, I'm really quite ticked off right now, and don't really know what to do about it. I have repromanded my son for not being more careful, and really am at my wits end with not knowing what to do about all this.

Thanks for any help, I will wait for some reply before hitting that "submit" button .... locking my sons account. :ohnoes:

The only mom on Runescape? I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and yours. If you believe this add this to your sig.

unfourtunatly yes your membership days will slow dwindle even with your account locked. worse yet is jagex has recntly had a mass banning so they have quite a few appeals to shuffle through making the wait time longer then usual by a conciderable amount :( . also account sharing with any one is also a banable offense (sharing with a parent or care-giver is ok in most games like RS but im not 100% sure on jagex policys with this matter) but your son willing giving his password to his friend is a bannable offense(so if you mentioned this in your appeal it looks grim)

goodluck on what ever choice you make

Well, now I'm at a real loss of not knowing what to do. Do I do anything at all? There are 3 offences against him, they are all from cussing, and I am not saying that my son is an angel, by any means, but, the date and times just don't jive with when he could have been on the pc. The dates were at the beginning of Oct, so if something was going to be done, would it already have happened? I was going to just use the "appologize for this offense" choice, but it says that that prolly won't make any difference in the outcome. I really don't know what to do now, and get more ticked off by the minute. This kid (that logged in as my son) is really a trouble maker in other ways, and I'm at the point of telling his parents. Geeze I'm really mad about this.

Is there anyway I can personally email Jagex about this without affecting my son's account?

Thanks,

QZ

The only mom on Runescape? I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and yours. If you believe this add this to your sig.

You may only use the RuneScape site for ingame problems. All emails about the game will be ignoring.

Also you were breaking the rules yourself by playing it for him at night. Therefore I feel that the account deserves a ban. Also it is anyone not any1

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

My son has worked hard on building his account character up, not to mention the nights I stayed up and played for him to build it up too,

Character sharing is a bannable offence and you just admitted to it. If the account is perm banned, read through the rules on the runescape site before you open a new one.

Hello. No you aren't the only mum on rs. I am one as well. As to the appeal. A similar thing happened to me. I had my acc stolen, I still don't know how. My account was permanently banned. It was a horrible shock. I can only assume tho that it was used by someone , because they say I was asking for passwords. I have never done such a thing and never will. I appealed the ban and had my account restored to me. I had kept all transaction codes and had recoveries and a bank pin. None of my items were taken. It is a good habit to put your valuables in the bank behind the protection of the PIN every time you log out for the day.

There is actually a lot of confusion and contradiction in the rules when it comes to account sharing with a child. The rules even recommend a jiont account for children under 13 with their parents. you people who are flaming about account shaing obviously dont have a child and should perhaps do a bit more research before laying down the law.

The child was obviously a bit silly to hand out their pass but that is not odd when dealing with children. I have had a similiar issue arise from my son but we found that an apology coupled with an explanation of the circumstance (stolen pass) and childs age (to excuse handing out pass) with an assurance of a pass change got him unbanned.

I am so impressed with those of you flame a request for help and your obsessive fasination with poorly defined rules.

If i were you i'd sent in an apology made by YOU and explain who you are etc, telling he was grounded for the time and that you know it for sure. then add in your email address or phone number or something if they want to call you and make sure it is really you, his mom, who is writing it and not your son. they are humans after all and some might even have kids of their own.

also, remember to explain that he was hacked.

you should also take your child to a tour of wonderfull netcode, how to talk, what not to say etc. not saying he is a bad kid, just to make sure he doesn't give too much info about himself to predators or some other ppl who might guess recovs or something of that sort.

Hope he gets forgiven, Val.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either

a fool or a coward.

Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law

is both.

For a wounded man shall say to his assailant:

"If I live, I will kill you, If I Die, you are forgiven."

Such is the Rule of Honor.