Looking for a new gaming keyboard & mouse

____

Right now I'm looking at the Logitech G15 or the Wolf Claw Type III.

I just don't know about the G15 - it's pretty big and I kinda need my deskspace, although I do a lot of gaming at night and without lighting, so that's a bit of a bonus :-k

I'm not the best when it comes to mice though. I got a generic logitech optical mouse at the moment and that tends to work fine, although I have worn the feet of it, and I'm starting to damage the desk (I have no mousepad atm). So I'm after suggestions for a cordless (preferably laser) mouse and mouse pad to replace the current setup.

I use the razer copperhead, I absolutly love it. The only thing I wish it had that the G15 has is the custom weights... other then that I would say it's better then the G15 and that silly mouse that fatal1ty released...

http://www.razerzone.com/

as for a keyboard, look at saitek's keyboards. Saitek is known for their joysticks, and IMO their keyboards are just as good.

http://www.saitek.com/

some other cool links:

this ones a tad big, but hella cool...

http://www.artlebedev.com/everything/optimus/

a really nice slim design with really sensitive keys:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823141119

similar to above:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6823201016

Just as a note though... a lot of pro gaming gear racks up the big bucks. If your not competitivly going to LAN tournaments or online leagues... well, the mice and keyboard prices arnt too bad... but if you look around on the razer site or the 5h Steel site, you will see that a head set can cost $150, and thats without a decent sound card... so just kind of keep in mind if your going to use it to play RS and browse forums, or if your actually going to put it to good use and pwn people.

You should know me well enough to realise I take my gaming seriously ;)

I'm moving out of RTS tournaments and towards FPS, so I really need a keyboard to suit. My current one is ok, but I'm really getting sick of having to reach for some keys, even when I have reassigned them to be as close as possible to WASD :( This is generally when I like the Wolf Claw series over anything else.

maybe you'll want to go with a mini design then, rather then a slim or standard... though I wouldn't recommend it. Playing on laptop keyboards like that when it comes to FPS is really difficult, you end up hitting stuff you don't want to - or missing the stuff you do.

Another thing to note - when your getting a mouse with 9 buttons on it, you can take some of that stress off your left hand and balance it out with your right =)

EDIT: also google 'zboard' to see the other ones. These are keyboards that are made specifically for FPS games - CS, BF, ect... I personally think they are stupid because A) They are expensive, B) You can only use it for one game (the BF2 one would be confusing trying to use it for CS) C) you can't customize it... if you want to bind 3 to grenade, you can't, if its bound to primary weapon, tough luck.

Oh... and if you get one of these prepare to get some harsh critisizm from pretty much any gamer ever lol

EDIT2: other wise, maybe stick with a normal keyboard a bit longer and let your fingers get use to the feel? I dunno, how is it hard for you to reach stuff? I mean if you can type I would assume you could reach everything unless your trying to use L ctrl and P at the same time or something... I play guitar, at first I couldn't reach anything, now I can stretch my fingers pretty far... maybe work on it for a bit?

Yea, I saw the zboard ones and I was "what the hell?" reaction from it.

Look good, deliver on nothing - kinda like Alienware PC's :P

Edit:

Look at my xfire sig :P roughly 300hours of bf2, it's more to do with the position in vehicle, team and squad chat, in-game voip, team-speak, etc.

Even when I've got half of the keys mapped to combo's so they don't end up too far from my WASD position, i'm still stretching and usually stop moving to press a key, which I really want to stop happening #-o

I heard the Eclipse II was really good, and quiet (which i'm really interested in) [Keyboard] it was 50 dollars last i checked on newegg...It might be cheaper now.

And I'd never advocate a 'gaming mouse' those sort that sell for 80-100 dollars...I'd just get a 15-30 dollar mouse at most...They last a long time.

Edit: Nevermind it seems i'm outclassed here...You guys are 'into it' alot more then me :P So i suppose you might need different keyboards. I'm the sort of player who cares for .3 seconds but you look like the .05 second peeps :) [i'm actually complimenting believe it or not]

For a mouse I would recommend and logitech mouse. I have the MX510 which has lasted 1 and a half years and still working like new. I don't suggest a cordless mouse because you need to recharge the batteries often. It's always in the middle of a good bf2 match isn't it? :P

For a keyboard, I agree with Zonda, the Saitek keyboards are awsome. I have the eclispse, it's a decent keyboard, but it's not much better than a standard, non gaming keyboard. I only thing I don't like is the paint type stuff is worn off on some of my keys and you can see the blue light through the whole key. I have had it for about 4 months.

goldenblade995.png

Thanks for the input everyone.

I'm fairly set on picking up a Wolf Claw Devour Keypad. Still between mice though. The Razer Copperhead is probably going to win out since I tend to prefer the ambidexterous design over the more conventional mice, like the Logitech G5, which would be my next best choice.