Red Hot Chilli Pepper Lyrics

supermonk

Does anyone understand their lyrics?

Especially Californication. I think Californication is a drug, but the lyrics really make no sense.

Does anyone understand that song?

Supermonk, proving you wrong since 1992.

Supermonk rocks, I want to have his children.

Music is like candy. You always get rid of the rapper.

In my opinion, hardly anything they sing about has any meaning, depth, or comprehendability. Which begs the statement, I'm not a fan :P

That's what I like about them though.

You don't know what the hell they mean, which makes you think about their song.

Unlike rap, which is "I'M COOL! I GET GIRLS! DO DRUGS! I'M RICH YOU SHOUDL ALL BE JEALOUS! I'M DESTROYING THE WORLD BUT I DON'T CARE CAUSE I'M RICH! *Insert pointless obscenity here* "

So, yeah.

In my opinion, hardly anything they sing about has any meaning, depth, or comprehendability. Which begs the statement, I'm not a fan :P

For me, meaning of lyrics doesnt really matter I just like the music.

If you really want some lyrics to ponder over, listen to the last part of Death of a Martian.

lope6jw0.jpg

I actually like a few lyrics they have in songs. I prefer Frusciante's solo efforts but he basically is the RHCPs now anyway :wink: If you look into the songs they do have meanings though (Not really the funk ones but the other type of songs they have example-Under the Bridge).

For me, meaning of lyrics doesnt really matter I just like the music.

If you really want some lyrics to ponder over, listen to the last part of Death of a Martian.

Nah, I listen to all of Ben Gibbard's stuff lyrically.

summerpngwy6.jpg

I actually like a few lyrics they have in songs. I prefer Frusciante's solo efforts but he basically is the RHCPs now anyway :wink: If you look into the songs they do have meanings though (Not really the funk ones but the other type of songs they have example-Under the Bridge).

I was listening to Under the Bridge while reading that.

It sounds like just a love song to me, what meaning did you get out of it?

To me, under the bridge is about love, but not in a sexual way at all. It's about friends and the place that you call home.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

Lyrically I think the chili peppers are pretty powerful. I agree that the meaning's aren't always clear, and that some of the lyrics don't make much sense at all, but i've found a lot of meaning in some of their songs. I like looking for meanings in lyrics instead of them just being thrown at me.

Californication, quite clearly, is about the influence and corruption of the Hollywood lifestyle on the rest of the world. I could go through each song analysing their meanings if I had a bit more time.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

To me, under the bridge is about love, but not in a sexual way at all. It's about friends and the place that you call home.

its actually about his lowest point in life, where he went "under a bridge downtown" with his mexican dealer mario to shoot up their drugs. it expresses his feelings and tells us about his addiction. he loves the town he lives in as he grew up there but it has its downfalls. he says take me to the place i love, which isnt really a place, as he says in the funky monks dvd its where he is with his life, being sober and surrounded by people that love him and he loves.

no chili peppers lyrics are pointless, he is a poet, they are just cryptic.

111yr4.jpg

its actually about his lowest point in life, where he went "under a bridge downtown" with his mexican dealer mario to shoot up their drugs. it expresses his feelings and tells us about his addiction. he loves the town he lives in as he grew up there but it has its downfalls. he says take me to the place i love, which isnt really a place, as he says in the funky monks dvd its where he is with his life, being sober and surrounded by people that love him and he loves.

Its about the time that John was very addicted, how he felt.

And for Californication, Anthony sings about the fact that every town in the world 'Acts' like california. Anthony says that every big town has a little bit of california in it.

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

• 2 weeks later...

Its about the time that John was very addicted, how he felt.

And for Californication, Anthony sings about the fact that every town in the world 'Acts' like california. Anthony says that every big town has a little bit of california in it.

No. Under the Bridge is about Anthony, not John. At all.

111yr4.jpg