woah, I didnt realise the price of this software...

Guest 1_Hit_Quit

Guest 1_Hit_Quit

In the sticky it says

Alias Maya 6.0 - Another program similar to 3ds Max yet even more expensive. This program is used by most techical schools to teach intro to 3D modeling and animation. (Great program)

http://aliaswavefront.com Price: $6999 USD

I have that right next to me lol, the actual program! My dads little brother got it free, he won 3rd in the state for animation lol, also go 3d studio max and like 12 other programs i dont know how to use lol BUT SWEET JESUS maybe i can sell it for like 100 bucks and act like i lost it, lmao hehe j/k bout that.... but dang, who would pay that?

Guest Armour_Skull

People who are really serious about computer drawing...

And of course schools.

Guest 1_Hit_Quit

lol not me, i just started tinkering with photoshop and tools... till i leanrned alot of them... Ive never used 1 tutorial in my life lol ... Hmm maybe i should :P

Many movies like "Finding Nemo" also used Maya a lot..

As well as a lot of games, Sims2 for example.

Armour_Skull, Maya is far from a drawing program, and most schools can't afford a lot of liscenses of it...

IRKAa.jpg

Guest 1_Hit_Quit

Im not sure, but I think he got maya 6 from disney, when they made the tarzan carntoon movie thing... He had to do tarzans feet going down that tree

or.. you can mail it to me :lol:

then Nadril can illegally burn it and send it to me :lol:

South park is made completely in Maya :D

ya

nice achievement by ur bro pass on the congatz:)

Companies would pay that. I live on the west coast of Canada, and the video game industry is huge here; the program of choice for creating and animating worlds and characters is Maya.

The video game art and design course I'm taking is starting on Monday, and though I'm just learning traditional 2D animation (and storytelling and colour theory and all that jazz) right now, I can't wait to get my paws on Maya and start the 3D animation portion of it. Man is it great to be out of high school. XD

Incidentally, I've heard that the east coast of Canada uses 3D Studio Max mainly, and if you take a 3D animation course there, that's what you'll be learning. People are definitely funny creatures.

If you do take up Maya, goodluck learning it; the program is massive. I would definitely try and find some kind of source (be it a book, a site, or, better yet, a person who the program fairly well) to help you out. It never hurts to have someone there to help you figure out what is going wrong with something you're doing and give you some suggestions on how to overcome the issue. :)