Trying to get thieving up

123neopet

I need gems. Of course, being the annoying stubborn person I am, I have decided that OBVIOUSLY the best way to get more gems is to get 75 thieving to steal from gem stalls (I'm smart like that). You can see my thieving level from my sig, so I'm not going to bother posting an ever-changing level. But I would like to know what the easiest attack plan for raising thieving is? (For the record: I would prefer suggestions that don't involve the wilderness. We don't like each other and the wilderness keeps hurting me.)

On another note, despite what the siggy says, I'm at combat 72 thanks to a 55 strength level that doesn't show up

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

I'd go for the warriors in al-kharid (just east of the bank) until you're level 38 (shouldn't take more than 20 minutes since you're 37 already). I would then rob the master farmer just north of Ardougne. It's great because he's a one-click target, and you'll get plenty of useful seeds to get your farming level up ;)

Pedrahm5.gif

Well, as for what to thieve, I'm not really the one to answer.

But, for your gem stall plan there is a a better (and more xp per theft) plan. When you get to 50 thieving, go to the rogues den and crack the safes in the main room. You get gems or gold (when you succeed), also you can increase your success by having a stethoscope (which can be bought there). It also gives more xp than the gem stall (stall only gives 16 xp and respawns about every 3 minutes according to tip.it guide), as opposed to 70 xp for the rogues den safes (plus they respawn in a few seconds).

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]

There's really no point in being able to steal from gem stalls. They respawn really slow. I would recommend getting 60 or 65 thieving to do the rogue's den safes, and you might need 50 agility too. I don't get why Jagex made thieving from gem stalls possibl, and then created something literally 10 times faster and better exp for getting gems, but there ya have it.

Well, as for what to thieve, I'm not really the one to answer.

But, for your gem stall plan there is a a better (and more xp per theft) plan. When you get to 50 thieving, go to the rogues den and crack the safes in the main room. You get gems or gold (when you succeed), also you can increase your success by having a stethoscope (which can be bought there). It also gives more xp than the gem stall (stall only gives 16 xp and respawns about every 3 minutes according to tip.it guide), as opposed to 70 xp for the rogues den safes (plus they respawn in a few seconds).

Agreed. The only time when thieving from the Gem Stall is useful, is when alching. You can just alch in front of the stall and thieve whenever it spawns. Good way to make good use of your alching time!

As for leveling thieving, try a combination of Warriors (to 38), Master Farmers (to 61) and Pyramid Plunder (to 75).

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I hate you all! I raised my thieving to 70+ back in the RSC days, when all I had was Paladins, blood runes and guards. Back when blood runes were like 1k per....beautiful days. But yeah, Gem Stall is a joke for getting gems, don't bother. You'd be better off mining them, the respawn is so slow.

^ secondary tip for the rouges den idea

for the fastest results and free xp, wear nothing, theive until low xp then bank and withdraw a games necklace, theive until death then tele right back and start over - losing nothing and using no food as your hp will be full again

Errrr... Will I really need 50 agility to get in? Because that could take a bit...

P2P forever!... Or at least 'til <insert excuse here> happens

Falterflame.png

98% of people have signatures with made up statistics in them. If you're one of the 2% that doesn't, copy this and add it to your signature.

You can access the pyramid at lvl 21. I could only use the first 2 rooms when I first used it, and it was by far quicker than pickpocketing (which I hate).

You need to have completed Icthlarins Little Helper, to get into Sophanem, to get to pyramid.

djp2rr.png

djp2rr.png

Errrr... Will I really need 50 agility to get in? Because that could take a bit...

I believe that the 50 agility is only required for doing the maze part of rogues den.

If Jagex ever made a perfect update, there would be players complaining about nothing to complain about.

[hide=My Stats]Jake_Corsair.png[/hide]