Digital Painting W.I.P. - Update #5

tripsis

Well I added update #4. I followed the advice you guys gave and added/changed a few things in the picture. One thing I didn't change, which I'm still debating whether or not to do, is how far the Malamute is sinking into the snow. I might change this later on, but I'm not yet sure. I originally made the Malamute with the idea that he wouldn't sink as much, since he weighs like 30 lbs less. But we'll see.

remoteman - The dog's face looks strange because I can't draw dogs :-w \'

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

The house doesn't look all floaty now! =D

Looks alot better. The smoke is more defined, you have snow dropping now, it's better blended. etc. etc.

Only suggestion I have is to make the door taller,

Gah, the one thing I've been dreading :ohnoes:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

Looking nice, very wintery, I like that it looks like something that's made in RL and just scanned. :)

Only thing that I'd comment is that the the shadows made by the house and person are grey instead of blue like in the mountains. Maybe that's how it is inreal life, it's been a while since I've seen that much snow up close.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

Thanks XMan :D For a while I tried to find a greyish-blue that I liked but was unsuccessful in finding one that fit right :? Maybe I'll try to find one a bit later. And I just noticed that I forgot to create a shadow for the snowman! I'll just make a portion of the cabin's shadow darker, for the snowman :P

Posted Image

Well I'm off to bed now. I'm going to wait for a few more ideas/suggestions before finishing off the pic. I'd really like some feedback on the tree. I personally think it looks a big strange, messy and out of place. But I'd like more comments :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

Posted Image

Well I'm off to bed now. I'm going to wait for a few more ideas/suggestions before finishing off the pic. I'd really like some feedback on the tree. I personally think it looks a big strange, messy and out of place. But I'd like more comments :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

Like I told you, I really like the tree, the only problem with it (if there's any at all :P) is the bottom right branch, just seems out of place, bending down like it is :oops:

And you should*** :oops: definately try adding the moose :)

Oh, and I loooooove the swirly snow <3: heh :oops:

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I think the tree looks just fine, except you might want to move it out from behind the house a little, it looks like it's hiding atm :XD:

Thanks, I'll work on it tomorrow :)

Well I'm off to bed now. I'm going to wait for a few more ideas/suggestions before finishing off the pic. I'd really like some feedback on the tree. I personally think it looks a big strange, messy and out of place. But I'd like more comments :ohnoes:

Like I told you, I really like the tree, the only problem with it (if there's any at all :P) is the bottom right branch, just seems out of place, bending down like it is :oops:

And you shouldn't definately try adding the moose :)

That branch is broken, k? :( :oops:

I shouldn't definitely try adding the moose? I'll just pretend like that makes sense :wink:

Posted Image

Everything looks great, but I do have a few comments like you asked. You should move the tree out a little more and fix that branch on the right side thats bending downwards. Its throws the whole thing off. Also, if you're looking for some filler on the right side, Dork has a good idea for a moose. If not that, maybe a polar bear mother and cub?

Either way, it looks awesome :D

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Its really good, I wish I could do something like that...

One crit though, the shadows don't seem right. Like Mxm pointed out, they are a different colour to the shadows on the mountains, which makes them seem odd. Also I don't think they are placed right. It looks to me like the light source is just above the top of the mountain, this is the lightest part of the sky. So if I am right the shadows should be much more elongated, right now it seems like your light source is someplace way above the canvas?

md666.gif

Everything looks great, but I do have a few comments like you asked. You should move the tree out a little more and fix that branch on the right side thats bending downwards. Its throws the whole thing off. Also, if you're looking for some filler on the right side, Dork has a good idea for a moose. If not that, maybe a polar bear mother and cub?

Either way, it looks awesome :D

Thanks Oreo! :D I'll get started on those later today. Actually the moose was my idea :-w hehe. I'll see what works best.

Its really good, I wish I could do something like that...

One crit though, the shadows don't seem right. Like Mxm pointed out, they are a different colour to the shadows on the mountains, which makes them seem odd. Also I don't think they are placed right. It looks to me like the light source is just above the top of the mountain, this is the lightest part of the sky. So if I am right the shadows should be much more elongated, right now it seems like your light source is someplace way above the canvas?

Yeah, you're right. I've never been much of a shadow expert :? I'll change the colour and length of those shadows as well :) Thanks for the advice!!

Posted Image

Well I added update #5 :D Some feedback would be great :) Overall I think it's turning out nicely :)

Posted Image

Looks good, I especially like the swirl of snow you added, really gives it a cold winter day feel.

Some things I would change if it were my painting:

- the snow on the building and tree looks like cotton, it is translucent and doesn't give the feel of heavy snow collected on the house. I'd give it some weight.

- something about the windows bothers me, they are too defined or something.

- the chimney seems to be at a different angle than the rest of the house?

- the tree could use some smaller branches shooting off from the larger.

The new shadows are a definite improvement compared to the last. I would add some dips and bumps in the snow to add some texture. All in all though, a nice painting. :)

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

The moose is perfect <3: And the tree is looking much better too :) The whole pic is awesome, such a talented girlfwiend <3: Lol :P :oops:

Looks awesome! :thumbsup: Everythings great, except for the moose looks kind of fat lol

Pfft, he ate too much, k? :oops:

Looks good, I especially like the swirl of snow you added, really gives it a cold winter day feel.

Some things I would change if it were my painting:

- the snow on the building and tree looks like cotton, it is translucent and doesn't give the feel of heavy snow collected on the house. I'd give it some weight.

- something about the windows bothers me, they are too defined or something.

- the chimney seems to be at a different angle than the rest of the house?

- the tree could use some smaller branches shooting off from the larger.

The new shadows are a definite improvement compared to the last. I would add some dips and bumps in the snow to add some texture. All in all though, a nice painting. :)

Thanks for the great suggestions!! :thumbsup: Going to take a break for a bit, but I'll be sure to change a few of the things you mentioned.

---

I made a quick little 30 minute sig for Dork and I :oops: Hope you all like it~!

Posted Image

I think it looks great. Looks like it took longer than 30 mins heh.

It was somewhere between 30 and 60, but who's counting :oops:

Posted Image