disk of returning

dorington

OK heres a quick easy explanation coming :

The teleportation system in runescape works whith a grid and coordinates, when you enter the blackhole you were teleported to coordinates in the middle of a blank area whith nothing in it, which is displayed in black.

There you could see all the persons that had spinned the disk and maybe banned accounts but i have no clue about that and they had to be logged in.

Then the spin option on the disk would take you back to the entrance in the dwarven mines.

I hope i helped :D

DISCLAIMER :

This is all a personal theory as there are next to no documentation on that. I have no proof of that but it makes sense so lets say its true (remember they pulled the update quick so an easy code like that did the job)

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

OK heres a quick easy explanation coming :

The teleportation system in runescape works whith a grid and coordinates, when you enter the blackhole you were teleported to coordinates in the middle of a blank area whith nothing in it, which is displayed in black.

There you could see all the persons that had spinned the disk and maybe banned accounts but i have no clue about that and they had to be logged in.

Then the spin option on the disk would take you back to the entrance in the dwarven mines.

I hope i helped :D

DISCLAIMER :

This is all a personal theory as there are next to no documentation on that. I have no proof of that but it makes sense so lets say its true (remember they pulled the update quick so an easy code like that did the job)

ty, is a good theory but is anyone out there able to confirm?

Barrows drops: Torags pl8, Torgas legs, Guthans chainskirt

From what i hear, you can log back into a bann account and just sit there and not move. You just got laughed at by the people with the disk of returning. The black has now since been removed and the vendor that sold the disk. The disk has no use. you can't even wear it. Also i hear it is the rarest of the rares, since no one thought it would ever turn out to be a rare. But since it has no use, it is cheaper than the phats.

You could also get into the blackness AND walk around. I can't remember where, I think it was in Varrock castle, but you could climb up one of the ladders and you would end up in blackness. You could walk around, see other people, it was rather amusing (but you couldn't do anything useful). Then I remember the global message "Anybody caught walking around in the blackness will be banned!" Everybody tped out FAST lol.

the black hole was in the dwarven mine, i remember being in it and that it was totally useless. i didnt see any banned people probly because who would actually want to log into a banned account and do nothing in the hole? I thought nothing of it at the time.

You could also get into the blackness AND walk around. I can't remember where, I think it was in Varrock castle, but you could climb up one of the ladders and you would end up in blackness. You could walk around, see other people, it was rather amusing (but you couldn't do anything useful). Then I remember the global message "Anybody caught walking around in the blackness will be banned!" Everybody tped out FAST lol.

That was the fally skywalking bug that happened when you went up a ladder wrong, or in a smaller part, the lumbridge skywalking bug.

The fally one allowed you to walk almost anywhere in runescape, the lumbridge one only allowed you to walk above lumbridge.

In answer to your question, that picture looks pretty right. Back then, they had no banning system, so they made it useless to play. So, eventually normal players wanted to have a character out there for some random reason, and to keep them from breaking the rules, they put in the disk and the black hole, which is separate from the places that the banned people were.

Once you were in there, you couldn't move around, and there people standing on top of you because it was just one point. The only way out was to spin the disk.

When people started hacking accounts and dropping the disks in the hole, jagex removed the thing completely.

~M

That was the fally skywalking bug that happened when you went up a ladder wrong, or in a smaller part, the lumbridge skywalking bug.

The fally one allowed you to walk almost anywhere in runescape, the lumbridge one only allowed you to walk above lumbridge.

In answer to your question, that picture looks pretty right. Back then, they had no banning system, so they made it useless to play. So, eventually normal players wanted to have a character out there for some random reason, and to keep them from breaking the rules, they put in the disk and the black hole, which is separate from the places that the banned people were.

Once you were in there, you couldn't move around, and there people standing on top of you because it was just one point. The only way out was to spin the disk.

When people started hacking accounts and dropping the disks in the hole, jagex removed the thing completely.

i would say that is a pretty good explation of it. 1 thing though is, back then jagex didn't have an idea of the impact of discontuined items would have on the runescape econamy, so the simply just left it as discontuinted. now they probaly regreat that, but it would ruin so many peoples invests ments if it was just deleted or the vendor that sold them was placed back in the game. this is similar to the half jug of wines

legends2.jpg

i would say that is a pretty good explation of it. 1 thing though is, back then jagex didn't have an idea of the impact of discontuined items would have on the runescape econamy, so the simply just left it as discontuinted. now they probaly regreat that, but it would ruin so many peoples invests ments if it was just deleted or the vendor that sold them was placed back in the game. this is similar to the half jug of wines

I don't think they knew the game would last that long when it was made :P

They did realize the impact because when they accidently made a certain pineapple rare, they made it so that it was no longer discontinued.

~M

I don't think they knew the game would last that long when it was made :P

They did realize the impact because when they accidently made a certain pineapple rare, they made it so that it was no longer discontinued.

Same for the more recent Iron Siclke in Miscellenia :)

I doubt it even lasted a day :lol:

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.