Hidden Updates General P2P Subforum

eyehawk78

The "Hidden Updates" thread in the General P2P board is one of the most popular threads.

However since the tallest1 got promoted I guess he doesnt have enough time available as he used to to clean/update it. I completely understand if this is the case and this is in no way an attack against him/her.

So I was thinking if we created a subforum where users could post topics of there hidden update theories and then they could be discussed etc. Then at the end of the month this subforum's own moderators could update the main thread with correct hidden updates?

Just an idea :D

Thanks Eyehawk78

I'd proposed that this be moved, either to Website Updates (where the entire Crew could collect the info up top and moderate the topic to delete trash/repeats) or to Player Made Guides (where at least I could get ahold of it, lol).

I spoke to The_Tallest1 about this and he plans to turn it over to someone after his next update.

Hope that helps.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Good suggestion. I'm unsure though how much traffic there would be for creating a subforum just for that alone. (I might be wrong so more opinions are welcome. ::')

The promotion was not the entire reason for the lack of cleaning, the holidays added a lot to that as well. It possibly requires more attention than I am able to consistently provide so the future of it (in terms of how it will be maintained) is up in the air at the moment.

As always thanks for the suggestion, it helps to see where attention to potential issues is required.

PS. I'm a he :P

tallest.jpeg

571st to 99 Fm Nov. 4 '06 - 315th to 99 Crafting Mar. 3 '07 - 3410th to 99 Fishing Sept. 18 '07

26378th to 99 Cooking Oct. 16 '07 -.- 99 Thieving Dec. 29 '07 - 1343rd to 99 Farming June 5 '08

1807th to 99 Agility Nov. 8 '08 - 3094th to 99 Smithing Feb. 14 '09

2012 total - 91 combat

I'm unsure though how much traffic there would be for creating a subforum just for that alone.

Your probably right. Ive been thinking for a while what else could go in there, but to no avail.

I'm unsure though how much traffic there would be for creating a subforum just for that alone.

Your probably right. Ive been thinking for a while what else could go in there, but to no avail.

Perhaps all updates in general? If anyone wants to post a comment about an update, they could make a thread in there, providing there wasn't one already made about that topic. What could be done is when a new update comes out, official "Rants About (NEW UPDATE)" and "Compliments About (NEW UPDATE)" could be made, and after 2 weeks or so, the threads are removed. Then a Hidden update thread could be made and updated every week. People could make threads about updates they find, and since it would be cleaned out every week, it wouldn't necessarily cause a big spam problem, providing everyone didn't post the exact update...

But when has that ever happened? :-k

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Well Runescape updates already have there own forum "Runescape News". So for you update to work we would have to get rid of that. But am I correct in assuming that the links to Runescape news on the main page (http://www.tip.it/runescape not the forum) get there info from here? And also the RSS feed would need to be changed. Just speculating, I may be wrong.

The other ideas you suggest seem good though, rant and compliments of updates etc. :D

But am I correct in assuming that the links on the main page (http://www.tip.it/runescape not the forum) get there info from here?

Yes they do. So the only difference would be what Board the front-page items would link to. They would still link to the appropriate news clipping however.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Maybe chaos elemental translations (I know these post are just usually speculation so may not officially count as updates) and "Behind the scences" could also be put on this new subforum also?

Maybe chaos elemental translations (I know these post are just usually speculation so may not officially count as updates) and "Behind the scences" could also be put on this new subforum also?

Course, when was the last "translation?"

f475e02ecc.png

Heres the last one, Issue 12 of Postbag from the Hedge

Dress up big like a flappy bird, happy bird

Hunter strong when the ferrets herd, hereticÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s word

Flappy high with twelve willow branches, brillo lunches

Bandos down with hail of punches, pail of hunches

Impy sheep new and shiny, sew and ninely

Curator taught but the kids are whiny, wilds not kindly

Izso easy to make troll king shiver, shoal thing river

Pick it up with the undead quiver, quintet liver

Sing the song for shantay claws, clumpy gores

Seasons pass for animal lores, magical chores

Penguin eyes are low and evil, crunchy weevil

Brutal way for shark retrieval, rather medieval

Trawl along the ancient bed, suckerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s head

Dwarf and scorp are almost dead... Almost dead.

Chaos E

Well they arent really speculation. Looking back we can see clues for hunter, That hot air balloon quest, imp and sheep update, Animal Magnetism and Christmas event. There are also a few which may make more sense in the coming months...

Dress up big like a flappy bird, happy bird (?)

Hunter strong when the ferrets herd, hereticÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s word (Hunter Skill)

Flappy high with twelve willow branches, brillo lunches (Hot Air Balloon)

Bandos down with hail of punches, pail of hunches (?)

Impy sheep new and shiny, sew and ninely (Imp/Sheep graphics)

Curator taught but the kids are whiny, wilds not kindly (?)

Izso easy to make troll king shiver, shoal thing river (My Arm's Quest)

Pick it up with the undead quiver, quintet liver (Animal Magnetism)

Sing the song for shantay claws, clumpy gores (Christmas Update)

Seasons pass for animal lores, magical chores (?)

Penguin eyes are low and evil, crunchy weevil (Upcoming Penguin Quest)

Brutal way for shark retrieval, rather medieval (?)

Trawl along the ancient bed, suckerÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s head (?)

Dwarf and scorp are almost dead... Almost dead. (?)

Chaos E

Sorry if that was a tad off topic, but tell me if I missed something there...

f475e02ecc.png

Could we get an official stance on this? Now we have slightly modified the idea?

And you know, that would be the beauty of that forum, now that we look at it.

New Sticky: Chaos Elemental Translations

People could put (in this new subforum) their takes on the translations. Rather than having a good 50 posts about them, they'd be condensed into one thread for people to look over and share ideas on.

f475e02ecc.png

Ok so heres the final idea im going to submit for assessment by forum admin/crewbies?

Updates Subforum containing..

1. Hidden Updates

2. Runescape Updates

3. Rants about latest update

4. Compliments about latest updates?

5. Theories about future updates (Chaos elemental?)

• 4 weeks later...

Just bumping this, I think it would be helpful to have a subforum as some points have been suggested repeatedly. I think if each hidden update was given a its own topic it would stop repeats and allowed each update to be discussed?

Thanks.