Update me about F2P Updates please... Specified inside

voncritic

Dear all,

I've been away for about 3 months and I'm feeling a bit out of the loop. Some of you might remember a go-getter Level 90 Ranger like me, but anyway :D The last time I logged on was Halloween, 2006 - the heavy skeleton outfit and the stupid pumpkin head. So did I miss much?

Questions:

1. Any crucial F2P-related updates occured since Halloween, 2006? New Items? New Places? New Quests? Rule Change etc... just brief me about it or post me a link so I can check it out myself.

2. I saw Willow Comp. Bow... looks cool, but... what's the point of this item in F2P? Is it better than Maple Short for training / pking? What's the best F2P bow for the time being?

3. What was the Christmas Reward? I missed Runescape Christmas because of limited Internet access... so, just let me know whether it is fancy, cool-looking :)

Finally, a question about Crafting and Merchanting:

I was bored of mining months ago and that night, with a bad mood, I spent all my GPs buying uncuts. Now I have less than 30K GPs but over 100 cut-diamonds, rubies, etc. I will be making them into ammy's and I will enchant them myself. I will be having thousands of unenchanted tiaras as well by the time I reach my Crafting goal. So...

What should I do with all these stuff, especially more than 100 Power Ammys and Str Ammys and about 10K Tiaras? Is there a potential bulk selling market for this or I will have to shout and sell in W1?

Thanks so much for your time and patience.

P.S. I am in Asia now and my internet connection to North America is unstable due to the latest earthquake. :ohnoes: Can't RS too much.

I am back.

1. Any crucial F2P-related updates occured since Halloween, 2006? New Items? New Places? New Quests? Rule Change etc... just brief me about it or post me a link so I can check it out myself.

Not that i can think of.

2. I saw Willow Comp. Bow... looks cool, but... what's the point of this item in F2P? Is it better than Maple Short for training / pking? What's the best F2P bow for the time being?

Maple short has more range bonus and is quicker, but composite has longer range, faster than long bow slower than short, has lower range bonus than maple. Good for pking.

3. What was the Christmas Reward? I missed Runescape Christmas because of limited Internet access... so, just let me know whether it is fancy, cool-looking

It was a reindeer hat, and members got a Christmas tree. The hat looks ok and has an emote where you act as a reindeer.

I was bored of mining months ago and that night, with a bad mood, I spent all my GPs buying uncuts. Now I have less than 30K GPs but over 100 cut-diamonds, rubies, etc. I will be making them into ammy's and I will enchant them myself. I will be having thousands of unenchanted tiaras as well by the time I reach my Crafting goal. So...

What should I do with all these stuff, especially more than 100 Power Ammys and Str Ammys and about 10K Tiaras? Is there a potential bulk selling market for this or I will have to shout and sell in W1?

People will buy the power ammies for about 7k-10k each, members will pay about 1.5-2k each for uncut/cut rubies.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

Thanks for the timely and concise information. Makes me really happy. :D

Not that i can think of.

Great. I didn't miss much.

Maple short has more range bonus and is quicker, but composite has longer range, faster than long bow slower than short, has lower range bonus than maple. Good for pking.

Thanks a million! Saved my hundred Ks of GP... stick to maple short then.

It was a reindeer hat, and members got a Christmas tree. The hat looks ok and has an emote where you act as a reindeer.

Nuh... I don't feel like acting like a reindeer. :thumbsup:

People will buy the power ammies for about 7k-10k each, members will pay about 1.5-2k each for uncut/cut rubies.

Hmm... That's something to think about... I'll carry on my Tiara crafting business, craft all emeralds and sapphs, get my Crafting Skill to 70 and make some Power Ammys to sell, but leave the cut rubies alone. Good advice. Thanks.

I am back.

Dear all,

I've been away for about 3 months and I'm feeling a bit out of the loop. Some of you might remember a go-getter Level 90 Ranger like me, but anyway :D The last time I logged on was Halloween, 2006 - the heavy skeleton outfit and the stupid pumpkin head. So did I miss much?

Questions:

Christmas 2006 event, Rule 7/9 changed; you can't use 3rd party programs anymore, New treasure trails: (h) Helms, str and mage (t) ammies, and willow comp bows.

In my opinion it sucks (bleep). It's slower and less accurate than maple short and it only has a slight range advantage + it costs a lot so when you die...

3. What was the Christmas Reward? I missed Runescape Christmas because of limited Internet access... so, just let me know whether it is fancy, cool-looking :)

Reindeer hat... Kinda fun emote that came with it. Pretty cute <3

You can sell your ammies and tiaras on Runescape forums but the tiaras will take some time to sell.

Thanks so much for your time and patience.

P.S. I am in Asia now and my internet connection to North America is unstable due to the latest earthquake. :ohnoes: Can't RS too much.

I united Mongolia, sent my Mongol Horde across Asia and made it to Europe...

Then my mom vacuumed the room, turned off the Genesis and thus ended my hopes of world conquest.

1144288449402.gif

Correction on your response, hawkwing221.

You can still use third party programs. They just need to comply with the new rules in place, like not allowed to block adverts or provide unmoderated chat.

icecube7.jpeg