Anyone that knows something about PHP and RS - READ PLZ!

Celebi

Im currently making a world switcher for RS with html and php.

If someone knows a script that retrieves the amount of players in a specific world, please post it to me with PM or here. I hope you know what i mean.

FormerTip.It mapper | hello?

AFAIK Jagex says that anyhitng that takes data from the server is against the rules? In which case, doing this would be a rule breaker.

Jagex has only confused the situation even more with these new rules, they should either have done a blanket ban and ignored all the boo hooing people (which is what i would have done) or just allowed anything go at your own risk.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

BUT if I cant use any script that retrieves number of players, how can I prevent players going in full servers? and how other such clients are not illegal then?

BUT if I cant use any script that retrieves number of players, how can I prevent players going in full servers? and how other such clients are not illegal then?
They probably ARE.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you are here asking for code help, you shouldn't even be attempting to build a "world switcher". If you can't code it yourself, you don't know how to secure it properly or code it to conform to the new rules.

AFAIK Jagex says that anyhitng that takes data from the server is against the rules? In which case, doing this would be a rule breaker.

That is only referring to transferring data between the client and the actual game itself.

As for help, use fopen, fread and some string manipulation functions.

If you are here asking for code help, you shouldn't even be attempting to build a "world switcher". If you can't code it yourself, you don't know how to secure it properly or code it to conform to the new rules.

:wall:

Do you really think that I dont know any scripting?

:wall:

I just need the urls where to get the world player counts...

I already have codes for getting in worlds, switching high-low detail, there is even irc client working and a combat calc.

There is a beta version of it on the net and it works, but its against rules because you can get in full worlds, so I cant show the url here.

Do you really think that I dont know any scripting?

I do. If you knew what you were doing you wouldn't be here asking for help because there are much better PHP resources out there than this board.

I just need the urls where to get the world player counts... ...I already have codes for getting in worlds, switching high-low detail

Get them the same way you got the game page and world URLs into your "world switcher". If you got that far by asking other people for it, I stand by my first post, you shouldn't be building one.

Guest Toshiba23

Use CURL to find the page source of the world's page

The DIRECT url to the worlds page is:

http://www.runescape.com/lang/en/aff/ru ... 0&plugin=0

Once you make that function, use the source code it returns and do some preg matching... like so...

$world = $_GET['world'];

preg_match('#World '.$world.' '."\n".'(.+) Players#s', $pagesource, $matches);

$players = $matches[2];

Something close to that, didn't test so probably a parse error or something in there,

Good luck :D