Adding TV to the music and movies board

In my opinion, it would seem only natural to add discussion of television shows to the music and movies board. I think most people are unaware if such discussions belong there or the off topic board.

This might also help to increase liveliness to that board, which besides its lack of life currently, could very well be renamed the "Music, with an occasional Movie post" board. Which would be one of the reasons I rarely even read that board at the present stage.

I figure one of the reasons film isn't discussed as much is due to the mature nature of most films released today, which cannot be discussed in depth on tip.it being a family board. This cannot be helped in itself, but television shows are generally more family friendly than most films released these days, and would allow for more in depth discussion.

Of course for certain posts, the proposed spoiler mod might still be desired, but that is a separate issue in and of itself.

This was suggested a while ago and im pretty sure the concensus was to do just as you say but for some reason it looks like it hasnt been implemented?

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Or add a subforum?

My idea:

There are a good amount of threads having to do with T.V. shows, and these threads are mixed between two different boards. I think to keep from topics being lost, multiple topics forming, and confusion there should be a television show subforum.

I have checked through the different rules and there is no specification of where to post television related items. The Music and Movies board says "For all your entertainment needs", and Off-topic is just "Anything (within the Forum Rules!) not relating to RS or AS."

To counter this there should be a subforum created in either the Off-topic or Music and Movies forum. This should include all shows that are featured on television(this is with the exception of breaking/general news that should still be posted how it normally is in Off-topic.)

This would create a better environment for people to discuss shows that have longer running periods (such as 24, House, Lost, etc.)

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >