Prayer (gilded altar)

Victor_5

Hi i have bought 6k d bones so i can get my prayer up, and ive heard about "gilded altar" that gives you more exp, and i see you need 75 construction to make one and i dont have 75 construction, anyway i was wondering if anyone can help me with what i can do :/ I woud really like to pray my bones at a gilded altar.

victor_5.png

Don't just use the bones on the altar, make sure the burners are lit (things beside the altar) you need 2 marrentills and a tinderbox for best xp.

I suggest looking on rs official forums and looking for someone with a house party with a guilded altar....or if you can find someone on here who has alot of stuff to alch and has one, ask them.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

ok thanks alot for the answers, if the burners isnt lit anymore do i have to get more marrentils then? :P

Hosts usually keep the burners lit. Here's a thread I just found on the ORSF.

hi my guilded alter is opend for all.

i have marrentills so u dont have to bring.

rimmy w 66 priv on all if u wana use come

42-43-551-38411645

From what I can tell though Ecto gives more experience than the gilded altar (according to prayer calculators). The only benefit from the altar is proximity to a bank??

Guilded Alter is EXTREMELY fast compared to Ecto...

Foooman.png

From what I can tell though Ecto gives more experience than the gilded altar (according to prayer calculators). The only benefit from the altar is proximity to a bank??

It's much more than that. It's the same concept as smithing iron/steel bars instead of mithril-rune, yes, they give more exp per bar made, but you need more materials for mithril-rune, making them less time efficient. Example:

Somebody has one inventory of bones and decide to ecto. First, they must collect 28 pots and 28 buckets. Then, they must take 14 bones and 14 pots to the bone crusher and crush those bones. Then, they must take 14 more bones and 14 more pots and crush those bones. Then, they must take 28 buckets down to the ectoplasm to fill. Then, they must take 14 pots of bonemeal and 14 buckets of ectoplasm to the altar, worship with them, and take their ecto-tokens. Then they must take another 14 pots of bonemeal and 14 buckets of ectoplasm and repeat. Then the process begins again if they have more than one inventory of bones.

On the other hand, for a few marrentill, you can get almost as much exp per bone at a faster rate at a gilded altar.

Owner of quest cape since December of 2006

wherzwaldo1.png