Buying unids ranarr and up?

bukket

How exactly do people do this? I realize that the seller can ID them and find out which stacks are ranarr and up. But what about the buyer? I see posts often on forums of people buying ranarr and up. How do they know they wont be tricked into buying a bunch of unid guams?

blackmfishcape,quickrabbit5.gif

Bunny Ear and Scythe Owner

It is called the Anti-Scam. Here is how it works.

You need 2 unids of every herb. Put them in your bank and withdraw one of each (make sure you keep them in the same order as the other banked one). Then, identify the ones you can (keeping them in the same order). With the ones that you don't have the herblore level to identify, use the services of Zahur in Nardah (city in desert).

Then, when it comes time to trade, fill your inventory with your noted unidentified herbs (the one of the two you didn't identify) and the rest other items until your inventory is full. Bring more money than is required to complete the trade, because if you bring only just enough, the money will free up a space for scam herbs to pop up in undetected. Then, trade and if you can't trade, that person is trying to scam you.

Here is an example:

I got 2 of every unidentified herb there is. I identified all of the ones I could, then for the rest, I went to Nardah to identify them.

After this, I started buying unidentified herbs above ranarr weed because I wanted the identification experience. I filled my inventory with noted herbs above ranarr.

The rest I filled with rope, runes, and other miscellanious items that have nothing to do with herblore. I also made sure I put more than enough money so an extra space isn't created for herbs like guam leaves or marentill.

Then, when I went to trade the seller, I offered the right amount of money, and they offered their herbs. When we both clicked accept, it said that I didn't have enough inventory space to take their items. I knew they were trying to scam me, and didn't trade with them in the end.

---------------------------------------------------------

Quoted from Ba Ba Blue on the official RuneScape Forums

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

Ahhhh, thanks. Few questions though.

1. Zahur in Nardah?

2. If I go kill choas druids and get about 1000 unids, would it give me more cash to only sell the ranarr and above, or to sell all the 1000 unids that I have?

blackmfishcape,quickrabbit5.gif

Bunny Ear and Scythe Owner

Ahhhh, thanks. Few questions though.

1. Zahur in Nardah?

2. If I go kill choas druids and get about 1000 unids, would it give me more cash to only sell the ranarr and above, or to sell all the 1000 unids that I have?

1. He identifies herbs you are not a high enough level to identify (for a fee)

2. It would be more profitable to sell all of the unids.

3textsz2.png

< | Runehead | Learning Java Programming, Please PM Me Tips | Signature by Loaf2000 | >

Seeing as how ranarr's are worth alot do you think it would be a good idea to ID all the ranarr's and sell them, then sell all the rest of the unid's seperately?

It could be. But unless you informed the buyer that there would be no ranarrs in the unids you were selling them, it would be considered scamming.

Pedrahm5.gif

Get one of every unid above ranarr and note them in your inventory and fill the rest with rune essence, that way if a scammer tries to sell you guams it will say you cant hold it but higher

Your name is "bet you fail", and you're starting a business with your mom? I'm not even going to touch that.....

It is called the Anti-Scam. Here is how it works.

You need 2 unids of every herb. Put them in your bank and withdraw one of each (make sure you keep them in the same order as the other banked one). Then, identify the ones you can (keeping them in the same order). With the ones that you don't have the herblore level to identify, use the services of Zahur in Nardah (city in desert).

Then, when it comes time to trade, fill your inventory with your noted unidentified herbs (the one of the two you didn't identify) and the rest other items until your inventory is full. Bring more money than is required to complete the trade, because if you bring only just enough, the money will free up a space for scam herbs to pop up in undetected. Then, trade and if you can't trade, that person is trying to scam you.

Here is an example:

I got 2 of every unidentified herb there is. I identified all of the ones I could, then for the rest, I went to Nardah to identify them.

After this, I started buying unidentified herbs above ranarr weed because I wanted the identification experience. I filled my inventory with noted herbs above ranarr.

The rest I filled with rope, runes, and other miscellanious items that have nothing to do with herblore. I also made sure I put more than enough money so an extra space isn't created for herbs like guam leaves or marentill.

Then, when I went to trade the seller, I offered the right amount of money, and they offered their herbs. When we both clicked accept, it said that I didn't have enough inventory space to take their items. I knew they were trying to scam me, and didn't trade with them in the end.

---------------------------------------------------------

Quoted from Ba Ba Blue on the official RuneScape Forums

Thats pownage idea, just how does the seller know what they are?

something you could do is try and ID every herb you pick up. If you have a low herblore (25 or less) you will ID all the guam, marrentil and tarromin, (low level, useless herbs) and sell the higher ones. You can level your herblore, make more money, and it doesn't slow you down that much.

nh.jpg