• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished v 1.1!!!

but its not working :ohnoes:

only half the post is showing up.... :(

ill try experimenting to get it to work

i have messaged a mod to see if i can do anything about it.

he responded and told me i did exceed my word limit so im going to have to put it on the first two posts for now.

newsignature1fs8.png

It all showed up for me. Maybe it's just your computer. Mine ended with the plan for future updates. If that's only the half-way mark then maybe you exceeded the character limit?

It all showed up for me. Maybe it's just your computer. Mine ended with the plan for future updates. If that's only the half-way mark then maybe you exceeded the character limit?

the one on the front page is still v1.0 but you can see all of v1.1 in the two posts above.

ill see if i can get a mod to give me 1 or two more posts at the start of the guide

newsignature1fs8.png

put v 1.1 in the first two posts so u can see it now ::' . if u liked something from the old guide and see it missing here just tell me and ill try to get it in.

Currently working on:

1. hybrids part of guide. putting together the best suit is hard especially when u gotta test it all over the place. note: i will include links to a couple of guides along with my own tested version of their techniques, such as the bow+2h combo :thumbsup:

2. how to get food in the wilderness (actually its really cool, just a lil more testing to do in the wild :XD: )

newsignature1fs8.png

For food in the wild, there are several options:

- Bandit's Camp, plain/meat/anchovy pizzas can be made due to the Pizza Base shop, tomato and cheese respawns, (net and bait) fishing spot, a small fishing net respawn in the ruins east and rats to kill for meat (and a range, of course)

- Go to the level 15 Chaos Altar and cast Bones to Bananas.

- (Indirectly) Pray for 2x HP restore rate while at an altar (Chaos, level 15 or 48.)

42/yay/42/whee/42/cow.

For food in the wild, there are several options:

- Bandit's Camp, plain/meat/anchovy pizzas can be made due to the Pizza Base shop, tomato and cheese respawns, (net and bait) fishing spot, a small fishing net respawn in the ruins east and rats to kill for meat (and a range, of course)

- Go to the level 15 Chaos Altar and cast Bones to Bananas.

- (Indirectly) Pray for 2x HP restore rate while at an altar (Chaos, level 15 or 48.)

lol the bandits camp is my favorite considering you can fish anchovies right next to it (the best nonmember pizza is anchovy). this was my first discovery for food in wildy.

hmmm... didnt know about prayer and bones to bananas. thnx :thumbsup:

you can also kill animals such as bears for meat and cook

lastly there is a HARPOON and CAGE spot in the wildy but i dont know what they give, just that they exist so im going to test it.

meh... up till 3 a.m. yesterday so i dont expect to get much done till tonight -.- ( btw my bro will take all ur questions and suggetions ingame if hes on. he works on most the research. rsn: blizard hawk )

newsignature1fs8.png

the ctrl + 1 click.... does that really work!?

lots of ppl dont know that if you hold controll and click you run when on walk and walk when on run. also using the 1 click button has very few advantages such as attacking higher levels than you and dropping bones.

newsignature1fs8.png

Heh, good guide =D>

On a side note, vampire slayer can get you exactly 20 attack if you do it at one attack. This is very easy to do with 17+ mage and good food.

quite so, although i do give the amount of experience it gives and the level it get you to if you have trained on dummies, which i suggest.

even so i guess i can add it :D

newsignature1fs8.png

Mmmm.... you might've mentioned this in your guide but i find hillies are a good spot for melee pures, to be able to train there effectively, you must have at least 20 fishing/cooking for my method, you can also raise your magic so you can use low/high alch (optional), and decent enough stats to kill a hill giant so you wont waste like 5 foods per giant, oh and this only works if you're not planning to store the b bones...

items needed to bring: fly fishing rods, 1k feathers (if you plan to stay long), brass key

others: an axe or tinderbox (you can also ask other ppl to make fire for you too, but thats kinda unlikely), natures + fire runes or a fire staff...

procedure:

first get the items and take extras if you wish, and go to the barbarian and fish, after you get about a full inventory, cook them and go to kill hillies, once you run out of food, you quickly get out of there and start fishing + cooking again

others:

if you like to gain some extra mage exp, you can pick up the iron stuff that the hillies drop and low/high alch them

this might've been mentioned b4 or everyone knows this.. but this way you can stay at hillies for long and wont need to go to bank for some time, thus making training a bit more faster... lol

flame me all you want...

I'm too poor to afford a sig.

Mmmm.... you might've mentioned this in your guide but i find hillies are a good spot for melee pures, to be able to train there effectively, you must have at least 20 fishing/cooking for my method, you can also raise your magic so you can use low/high alch (optional), and decent enough stats to kill a hill giant so you wont waste like 5 foods per giant, oh and this only works if you're not planning to store the b bones...

items needed to bring: fly fishing rods, 1k feathers (if you plan to stay long), brass key

others: an axe or tinderbox (you can also ask other ppl to make fire for you too, but thats kinda unlikely), natures + fire runes or a fire staff...

procedure:

first get the items and take extras if you wish, and go to the barbarian and fish, after you get about a full inventory, cook them and go to kill hillies, once you run out of food, you quickly get out of there and start fishing + cooking again

others:

if you like to gain some extra mage exp, you can pick up the iron stuff that the hillies drop and low/high alch them

this might've been mentioned b4 or everyone knows this.. but this way you can stay at hillies for long and wont need to go to bank for some time, thus making training a bit more faster... lol

flame me all you want...

hmm... decent technique although it would take longer than training on lower leveled monsters such as guards because you have to bank but i guess at higher levels its a decent spot. ill put the location of your post in the guide

Edit: i already had but i posted location of you miniguide anyways. ty :thumbsup:

p.s. Arg! lost my credits list, lol didnt notice b4. mustve happened with v1.1 <.<

newsignature1fs8.png

i sometimes feels like that you're lacking alot of training places

just giving out a suggestions.. not tryin to flame...

u said 1-60 you can train at mens in the edgeville place, but the problem is that the mens have 7 hp max and at lvl 45 i can already hit 12s, so its hard to squeeze out the maximum amount of exp you can gain

and also deadly red spider in varrock sewers seems a pretty decent spot if you have high enough combat level and can kill the spiders really fast, they have decent hp for their lvl and they can only damage 3s so its pretty much a good place to train at IF you have lots of food like me 8-) . however if you cant kill them fast enough like me again then you can walk around the place and let the spiders follow you, and then hide at spots where only one spider can enter at a time, and finish them off one by one, the bad thing about the place though is that its a multi combat zone so the spiders can mob up at you and starts to crazy attacking (you can go to the place just before the lesser demons in karamja, there are also some spiders there and its not multi combat), i almost died once because i didnt look at my hp and it fell to 3 and then i started eating like crazy and ran away. if you're protective you might want to bring varrock tele runes because when you walk back to varrock, there are those skeletons and zombies in the way, they r around 25 that starts attacking you in mobs, i got killed once over ther :oops: oh and a tip for you is that never train on lessers, i just tried them today and they were horrible, not only were they hard to kill but also they constantly damage me 8s, at the end i only killed 2 and i lost like all my food and i quickly ran away :XD: :ohnoes:

(i hope i didnt say too much things, correct me if im wrong there)

ps: i was thinkin of writing my own guide, but oh well, this guide covers like most of the stuff i was going to say =)

oh yeah and here are some of my pkin tips if they help =)

dunt listen to those noobs who says "zomg ur safer you noob", they really just want your items and kill you, ignore them would be the best to do

i have some inventory combos for pk as well (meleers only, since im inexperienced with range/magic)

low lvl pks -

1-2 str pots, full inventory of food (lobbie or better), you might want to bring teleport runes as well

mid lvl pks -

1-2 str pots, bring runes for your best spell if you have a decent amount of mage, or just get bind runes, then the rest is all food, you might want to bring teleport runes as well

high lvl pks - only if you're really confident that you can win

2 str pots, bring some runes and staff and put them in your inventory and just wear you're best warrior armors, or just monk robes, teles are optional, and then full inventory of food

the reason i brought magics to wildy is because i use them for k-os or get rid of the opponents that tries to run away, i once was fighting this pure in wildy and we were both almost out of food, then i air blasted him and he didnt realize i hit him a 10 then i hit a 7 and koed, but beware of mages, they r scary =) o and i personally hate pking with pure rangers even though on the pk triangle warriors have more advantage over the rangers

oh and some other tips:

if you're just a beginner at pking, i suggest wear nothing but just bring some food and start kicking ppl to get the feeling of how pk is like...

after that you might want to try and train your prayer to 25 and get item protect, then wear only your best weapon and put on item protect all the time so even if you die you wont really lose anything

when you really feel confident, then you can start using your best armors and pk at edgeville to start, then you can move deeper and eventually you will become a pro at pking!!~~!!

and btw, if you die in wildy, and you're very pissed, immediately log off and do something else, this way you will probably wont feel so bad about ur death =)

i will be giving more advices, this is a great guide!!

i sometimes feels like that you're lacking alot of training places

just giving out a suggestions.. not tryin to flame...

u said 1-60 you can train at mens in the edgeville place, but the problem is that the mens have 7 hp max and at lvl 45 i can already hit 12s, so its hard to squeeze out the maximum amount of exp you can gain

and also deadly red spider in varrock sewers seems a pretty decent spot if you have high enough combat level and can kill the spiders really fast, they have decent hp for their lvl and they can only damage 3s so its pretty much a good place to train at IF you have lots of food like me . however if you cant kill them fast enough like me again then you can walk around the place and let the spiders follow you, and then hide at spots where only one spider can enter at a time, and finish them off one by one, the bad thing about the place though is that its a multi combat zone so the spiders can mob up at you and starts to crazy attacking (you can go to the place just before the lesser demons in karamja, there are also some spiders there and its not multi combat), i almost died once because i didnt look at my hp and it fell to 3 and then i started eating like crazy and ran away. if you're protective you might want to bring varrock tele runes because when you walk back to varrock, there are those skeletons and zombies in the way, they r around 25 that starts attacking you in mobs, i got killed once over ther oh and a tip for you is that never train on lessers, i just tried them today and they were horrible, not only were they hard to kill but also they constantly damage me 8s, at the end i only killed 2 and i lost like all my food and i quickly ran away

(i hope i didnt say too much things, correct me if im wrong there)

ps: i was thinkin of writing my own guide, but oh well, this guide covers like most of the stuff i was going to say =)

hmmm... well i prefer to train on lower leveled monsters and when i said 1-60 it means the maximum level you should be at them is 60, above will hinder your training. also, i knew from the start the lessers are bad training for melee pures, tried once, not much luck lol. but they do offer great experience for the other combat styles(mage and range). anyways thanks for the tip, at higher levels spiders might not be a bad idea :thumbsup:

oh yeah and here are some of my pkin tips if they help =)

dunt listen to those noobs who says "zomg ur safer you noob", they really just want your items and kill you, ignore them would be the best to do

i have some inventory combos for pk as well (meleers only, since im inexperienced with range/magic)

low lvl pks -

1-2 str pots, full inventory of food (lobbie or better), you might want to bring teleport runes as well

mid lvl pks -

1-2 str pots, bring runes for your best spell if you have a decent amount of mage, or just get bind runes, then the rest is all food, you might want to bring teleport runes as well

high lvl pks - only if you're really confident that you can win

2 str pots, bring some runes and staff and put them in your inventory and just wear you're best warrior armors, or just monk robes, teles are optional, and then full inventory of food

the reason i brought magics to wildy is because i use them for k-os or get rid of the opponents that tries to run away, i once was fighting this pure in wildy and we were both almost out of food, then i air blasted him and he didnt realize i hit him a 10 then i hit a 7 and koed, but beware of mages, they r scary =) o and i personally hate pking with pure rangers even though on the pk triangle warriors have more advantage over the rangers

oh and some other tips:

if you're just a beginner at pking, i suggest wear nothing but just bring some food and start kicking ppl to get the feeling of how pk is like...

after that you might want to try and train your prayer to 25 and get item protect, then wear only your best weapon and put on item protect all the time so even if you die you wont really lose anything

when you really feel confident, then you can start using your best armors and pk at edgeville to start, then you can move deeper and eventually you will become a pro at pking!!~~!!

and btw, if you die in wildy, and you're very pissed, immediately log off and do something else, this way you will probably wont feel so bad about ur death =)

i will be giving more advices, this is a great guide!!

interesting... will you really use two strength potions? ill look into doing more testing on this. also the reason i suggest to bring binds is that, if you are soloing you'll get 1-2 more shots, which can be usefull for the ko. when team pking, not only do you get 1-2 more shots but all of your friends get 2-3, so i find it more usefull to bring binds. but ty anyways ::'

p.s. the hybrids part is taking a long time due to irl busyness. i should have it up soon but there is still alot of info i have to write <.< .

newsignature1fs8.png

oh and btw, a few more tips...

for pking, i found monk robes very good for both offence and defence, first of all if you use monk robes, your str/att prayers will last alot longer therefore you can do more dmg to your opponents, and if you're in a team, then it's even better because u can kill your opponents faster!

second, if you're runnin away in like lvl 20 wildy without teles, then you kinda have to rely on your protection prayers, since you have monk robes, the protection prayers will last a bit longer and it might actually save your life, also they're easy to obtain if you have 31+ prayer and it's not even much of a loss if you lose them....

and i just found out that flesh crawlers in stronghold of security level 2 with the 3 lvl 26 giant rats are great for training, all you need to do is walk around and kill the flesh crawlers, they only do 1 dmg to you and they drop body runes which r useful for me cause well i do alot of fail cursing... but it's not recommended if you train prayer which the best spot for you will be hillies if you're lvl 40+. and gettin to the flesh crawlers can be a bit hard if you cant use the shortcut for lvl 2 SoS..

One thing about training attack on dummies. If you drink wine you lower your attack. I have never tried it before, but my friend claims it works. When your attack is lowered you can still train on the dummies.

With enough wine you can get to 99 attack without gaining a hp level!