How to set up Wii internet!

brandon1023

Nintendologo.jpg

This guide is how to get Nintendo WI-FI on a Nintendo Wii.

In this guide I'll explain how to do the following:

-Learn which router is suitable for you.

-Setting up your router.

-supplies you will need.

-How to access your router's settings.

-What needs to be done on your Wii.

-How to access the Wii store.

Table of Contents:

Chapter 1-Shopping and setting up.

Chapter 2-Configuring your router and Wii.

Chapter 3-Visiting the Wii channel.

[hide=*Disclaimer*]©2008 Nintendo. Games are property of their respective owners. I do not own Nintendo, work for them or are in any partnership with them nor do I intend to be.

Another warning, I'm not a computer technician or intend to be one so if you're not comfortable reconfiguring your router or your nervous that you may loose Internet due to this, DON'T DO IT. Instead, get a qualified professional from the Geek squad© at http://www.Geeksquad.com but if youre willing to take risks, then continue on![/hide]

Chapter 1-Shopping and setting up.

In order to have a nice connection to your Wii from the Internet you will need a wireless router. This can be purchased at your local office supply store for a bargain of about $40.00-$80.00. You will also need 1 Ethernet cable. An Ethernet cable looks like this:

Pq1GtUEJ.jpg

And I'd recommend getting this router, a Linksys wireless-G router. It looks like this.aV2o9MIA.jpg

You'll also need an Ethernet jack which can be installed by you Internet Server Provider (ISP) Ex. Bellsouth, Comcast...

The jack looks like this:

aV2ogjh9.jpg

Chapter 2-Configuring your router and Wii.

Now that you have everything all bought and un-packed I take it, it's now time to set up. You will need to plug one end of your Ethernet cable into your jack. The other end need to then go in the port of the router that says (WAN) which stands for "Wide area network". Now plug in your router to a surge protector in case of a power failure, your router will not get damaged in any way. So it'll have an Ethernet cable running from the wall to the (WAN) port and your router is plugged into a surge protector and is all powered up.

Now, go into your Internet browser and copy and paste this into the address bar:

If it worked you will see a box pop-up that looks like this:

Pq1GCkX9.jpg

For the User name, type in: Admin

For the Password, type in: Admin and you should be redirected to a page that looks like this:

Pq1GEB7i.jpg

Now go on over to your administration tab and press it. Now make up a password that you will remember Ex. JohnDoe1965. I don't think youre allowed to put spaces in the password, and I'd recommend that you write it down and keep it in a safe place.

Well, youre pretty much done with that you may just have to allow your computer through the ports, you may not get Internet.

Also go to wireless and press the wireless channel to 11 for maximum strength.

Well, you should be ready to connect to the Internet from the Wii!

On the Wii console's main menu, click on the 'Wii button' in the lower left corner.

aV2oGE09.jpg

This will take you to the settings screen. On this screen, click on 'Wii Settings'.

Pq1GKTJ0.jpg

In the 'Wii System Settings', click on the blue arrow on the right to reach the second screen of options. On this screen, click the 'Internet' button.

aV2oS2ni.jpg

Select 'Connection Settings'.

aV2oSyO9.jpg

Select an open connection, indicated by 'None', as shown:

Pq1GMtuJ.jpg

Select 'Wireless Connection'.

aV2oTecA.jpg

Select 'Search for an Access Point'.

aV2oWtKi.jpg

At this point, the Wii console will search for any identifiable Access Points nearby. Once this search as completed, you will be direct to choose the Access Point that you wish to connect to, as shown. Click 'OK' to display the list of available Access Points.

Search for your router's name that you named it when we were configuring it.

aV2oX1Fi.jpg

Save the settings and then start the connection test, if it is connected, install the updates that it may offer you and then move on to chapter 3!

Chapter 3-Visiting the Wii channel

Purchasing Wii points

Purchase Wii Points through the Wii Shop Channel:

Using a Visa, or MasterCard, you can purchase Wii Points through your Wii console using the Wii Shop Channel's secure servers. To purchase Wii Points through the Wii Shop Channel:

1. Access the Wii Shop Channel through the Wii console's Channel menu.

2. If this is your first time using the Wii Shop Channel, read the User Agreement and click "I agree" if you understand and agree to the terms. Click "Okay" after reading the Wii Shop description.

3. Once on the "Welcome to Wii Shop Channel" screen, select "Start Shopping."

4. Click the "Add Wii Points" button.

5. Select "Buy Wii Points with a Credit Card."

6. Select the amount of Wii Points you would like to purchase. (Please note there is a maximum number of points that can be available on each Wii console.)

7. Select the credit card type you would like to use to buy Wii Points. The Wii Shop accepts Visa, or MasterCard.

8. Enter the credit card number, expiration date, and three digit security code. Select "OK" when finished.

9. Enter your city, state, zip, and county. Click "okay" to continue. Please do not input any punctuation, such as periods, commas, and apostrophes into the street, city, or county fields. For instance, "St. Clair Ave" would be "St Clair Ave" when entered.

10. Review the purchase details on the confirmation screen, and select "Yes" when finished.

11. Once the purchase is processed, a confirmation screen will appear indicating that Wii Points were added to your Wii Shop account.

All you have to do now is look for the game you'd like to buy.

*Warning* You might get addicted to playing all your Classic games and might do bad in school. Play at your own risk!

Do one thing before you attempt to play, jump up and down and clap your hands and giggle like a little girl so you can feel the vibe of the Wii!!!

1363468.jpg